TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a couple of pictures I took today, some of the merchandise.

High Resolution versions of the pictures I took today (including these) can be downloaded at: www.theguruguys.com/BoardwalkBullet in about an hour (they are uploading now).

IMG_0618.JPG.4706cc2ef1b9efc20b40c8281aa84136.JPG

A shot I took from the Top of the Boardwalk Tower ride. You can see the back hill where the train stopped today pretty clearly in this picture. Its the hill by that tree on the back left.

IMG_0624.thumb.JPG.0925cb12c1b02496e1d18330f0e65889.JPG

New Tee Shirts and other Boardwalk Bullet Merchandise.

Tee Shirts Read:

"Fastest Bullet in the West"

"8 Seconds? You're gonna have to hold on longer than that!"

IMG_0594.JPG.81f5f16cf94a5766ffc1f70818c81209.JPG

This is the area they have been working on the most the past few days. After the test run today they started reworking this area again. That guy ALWAYS has a cigarette in his mouth :)

EXCELLENT pictures, guruguys!

Ummm...isn't it dangerous to be smoking while you are building a wooden roller coaster??? That would really stink if he accidentally burned down the whole thing...ahem...

Anybody going out there today?

-Derek

Amen on pics. And the chain smoker... there's fire extinguishers conveniently located throughout the track. I used to work for a printing company where the owner, and one worker smoked daily near paper supplies and chemicals. yikes!

Awesome man, I look forward to reading your report.

They are still mainly working on the same area. The rail is still off the track and they were carrying a lot of wood to that area. Workers are also about 20 feet down from there and also around the bank just down from that.

I seriously dont think we will see a test today, probably not tomorrow either.

-GG

I lasted about 5 minutes out there today. Maybe all that rain last month wasn't a bad thing...at least it was cooler!

They are still working on the track in various spots and still no steel on the section near Saltgrass that they've been working on the past few days.

Thanks for the update, I hope that's it! School starts soon and NO LINES is what i'm hoping for

Nope. Looks like they spent all day working on the track in a couple spots. Had dinner at Saltgrass and had a view of some work taking place out the window. Before we finished dinner the workers disappeared and by the time we got outside everyone was gone.

There is a train on the transfer track and the one on the brake run before the station. At least one of those is missing a car because there is still one sitting down in front of the ride.

There is a train on the transfer track and the one on the brake run before the station. At least one of those is missing a car because there is still one sitting down in front of the ride.

Did they have metal rail back on the track by the bay yet? They seem to be doing a considerable amount of work there.

Is it not possible they have an extra/spare cart?

-GG

It appeared all sections of the ride had steel on it. They were putting steel on the section of track that was completely removed a few days ago while I was down there.

I wouldn't think they'd have an extra car as there were only 12 in the lot before they got put on the ride (6 per train).

Did they have metal rail back on the track by the bay yet? They seem to be doing a considerable amount of work there.

Is it not possible they have an extra/spare cart?

-GG

Guru, supppose one train is running and second one is down due to problems. Does a third train come into the picture or any spare parts (carts)?

Photo: Parking lot crew finishing up at 4th Ave/Kipp Ave.

7392884_Bullet32.jpg.3230e549f27252ffb06ad6bf1e2d6802.jpg

parking

Hey Everyone,

Just found out I have a surprise trip to Texas coming up all next week.

I have not followed this thread so can you please tell me if there is a chance that this will open in the next two weeks?

Thanks, Big Mike

Big Mike - My first plan was to visit Kemah next weekend (scrapped). Second option was to weekend after next (also scrapped unless by some miracle they make an announcement by mid next week).

Final plan and hopefully safest - October. Maybe combine with Fiesta Fest But that's assuming it will be running by then, which I'm asuming will be weekends only. Bottom line is nobody knows!

This year sure has been an interesting year for wood coaster construction. Lots of snow building Renegade, Troy's lift collapses and now this one has some mysterious problems.

As far as some mysterious problems...I don't think it's a mystery to the people incharge of the project. I think it's obvious at this point its the track needing adjustments. Nothin abnormal or mysterious. Look how compact it is...I would be more surprised if it didn't need readjustments. Am I correct experts out there?

Anyone been out there today?

What timing I had!!!! I drove up, as I parked Bullet was going up and made the first run!!!!

It followed with 2 more runs, the third being almost twice as fast over the first main hill!!!

I have video and pics of the third run for posting later.

They will be testing it remainder of day!!

9n vcar computer pleasse excuse typos and stuff.