TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

I say why don't we all calm down .. let the people do their work and not bother them .. ensure it works .. let the state say OK .. then ride .. you press them or bother them .. they will not enjoy this.

I'm certain nothing is wrong with the engineering of the ride or the design, just little construction mishaps that occur when you have to build something piece by piece instead of having pre-made sections to bolt together.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They used a chain pulley to move the train off the hill...I heard it zoom by the front...The train didn't make it back to the station. If vallied again on the hill closest to the bay. It look like it *almost* didn't make it through the banked turn under the drop but it did...

PS: I'm setting up a fuel recovery charge I live 20 miles away.

I just got back from Kemah a few minutes ago. The train was on the ground and workers were on the track. So... I doubt any testing will be done today.
It's not the first train is it? THe other train dissapeared in the back of the ride. You can't see it from the front nor from the back.

Pull throughs are used to check track gauges and as well as clearences sometimes. Although they do have PVC frames to check clearences, the pull through is used to check the tracks for any adjustments that may hinder the trains path through the track.

It's used on steel coasters alot .. and requires the used of a crane most of the time, but I can't see a reason one couldn't of been performed here, aside from cost.

I say why don't we all calm down .. let the people do their work and not bother them .. ensure it works .. let the state say OK .. then ride .. you press them or bother them .. they will not enjoy this.

I'll second that. By constantly calling and asking about test runs or when the ride is going to open is probably adding extra stress they don't need right now. It'll be ready when it's ready.

I'll second that. By constantly calling and asking about test runs or when the ride is going to open is probably adding extra stress they don't need right now. It'll be ready when it's ready.

I agree. Even though I know we are all interested (including me), I think it's only respectful to not bother them. I know they must be frustrated at this point already. I will continue to let the people do their job in peace. Yes I would of loved to call to get updates but I have not nor will I call cause it's only respectful not to.