TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REAL, DR. GUMBO:

That is the correct valley location. What was very interesting to watch was Bullet returning ALL THE WAY BACK to the FIRST DROP and ALMOST REACH TOP.

Edit: (P.S.) The incline to the third hill is hyper-steep than it appears and has an additional "incline" or turnaround if you will. Bullet wasn't close enough to reach the highest end of the turnaround. One crew worker shouts, "it's too heavy (the train)." Too much weight my azz.

of course with all the rain and bad weather...that has extended this conscruction beyond anyones dreams. It has to get stuck on the ride, i know they will fix it but man i feel for these guys. I mean you work on something for so long, longer then you wanted to and then BOOM!!!

i guess it will feel 10x better inside when it does crest the hill and makes it all the way around.

I took a quick trip, My damn car kept saying "Low coolant" so i had to run!If you see straight ahead you can see the train, I forgot my 200mm lens They were working underneath the train, and they kept drilling up on the hill that it valleied on. The train is Right across from Salt Grass. I saw a guy and a child "going to ride" it. They realized it wasn't open yet...

Thanks for the PIC & update! Does this mean they are taking it apart to unvalley it?
I honestly don't know, I saw maybe 3 men walking the track inspecting it i assume. When i saw the train there was a man with a drill underneath the ttrain and track, I don't know what he was doing.

^Most likely he was removing the upstops/uncoupling the cars so a crane could lift the cars off the track.

That is not the best outcome, but it will get there with time. The problem is that they really have no way of wearing in the bearings other than running it, but they don't want to valley it again. I would think the best time would be a bit earlier (4-5 pm) when the grease is warmest and thinnest. Also, they could try more or less weight in the trains.

They know what they're doing-it will be ready when it's ready.

^Most likely he was removing the upstops/uncoupling the cars so a crane could lift the cars off the track.

That is not the best outcome, but it will get there with time. The problem is that they really have no way of wearing in the bearings other than running it, but they don't want to valley it again. I would think the best time would be a bit earlier (4-5 pm) when the grease is warmest and thinnest. Also, they could try more or less weight in the trains.

They know what they're doing-it will be ready when it's ready.

It did cross my mind better have tested it during hottest part of the day and not at dusk. Plus the humidity factor was very high. But Vlemick was and I'm sure Gravity Group were one a "one-track mind" to get it tested before sundown. It was after all the last day of construction.

Nice train pics. I wasn't impressed with the old school 70's linoleum look for detailing. What I liked about the Texas Cyclone was that you could strikingly notice the red or blue trains against the white painted structure. The trains color is practically the same color and design of the wood used for the structure.

Vote now for your preferred choice(s) of color for if you could do so.

___ YELLOW

___ WHITE

_X_ BURNT ORANGE

___ RED

___ BLACK

___ GOLD

___ BROWN

___ GREY

___ SILVER

___ GREEN

___ LEAVE AS IS