TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry...was a busy weekend and I forgot to post here....of course updates can always be found on my site when I get new photos.

We had a lot of rain here the first 1/2 of last week including wind gusts of nearly 60mph in the area so the construction area is all muddy again and they probably lost about 3 days of work. At least nothing blew over!

Kemah-Construction-031807-1-TPR-1.jpg.2a421a2ae5a97dee72a1ee36c21cbbf7.jpg

Overview of the construction site

Kemah-Construction-031807-9-TPR-2.jpg.3c7ac223497b48e79bb7850b0df91287.jpg

More of the structure near the lift has gone up

I was down at Kemah Boardwalk last Friday morning (Mar. 16) and the presence of the coaster on the site was very strong. It's going to be an EXTREMELY exciting ride once it opens... the thing is really smashed into the site, and it seems to be very tall in-person. Looks just great!... The triangular layout with the three higher curved sections should certainly create a smooth and interesting profile from any vantage.

The Boardwalk's Starbucks Coffee seems like it will sit right at the very bottom of the first drop, which is just kind of interesting... should be a pleasant place to get a morning cup, to be sure...

For those of you who live far away, a visit to Kemah Boardwalk may be both a lot of fun and may be a little disappointing... the ride spread isn't otherwise spectacular, but I think the Aviator and Observation tower are more thrilling due to their location right on the water. It's arguable that the Boardwalk could eventually be voted as being one of the best "food" parks.

The on-site Boardwalk Inn is a near Disney Resort Hotel-quality place to stay, and there's a good bit of other fun things to do along the coast...

If you make a trip here this summer, be sure to also check out Schlitterbahn Galveston Island water park as well, now in it's sophomore year of operation. Gets awfully swamped during weekend days, but arrive very early and stay just past lunch.

Also note that a large Landry-owned "Rainforest Cafe" restaurant is located on Galveston, which houses a surprisingly long (over 8 minutes, probably)and elaborate circular raft ride (sans any thrilling rapids, unfortunately) called the Rainforest River Adventure. IMO, it's as good as any family dark ride can really be.

^ Welcome to the forums! Great info about the park and area.

Just to let you know, you do not have to add a picture attachment to your posts unless you want to. It's not required, so you can just skip that and hit "Submit".

Thanks and welcome to TPR!

I was going to remove that Easter-related photo (basically y'all, it was a Peep Rotisserie, complete with paper clip, candle and straw-structure) after I realized it was HUGE. No more un- park/coaster/ride-related pics will be posted by me...

Thanks for the TPR welcome, Wes - sorry bout that...

Did today's severe weather system (3/31) damage or knock down any progress of the construction? The area had some very damaging high winds.

For those of you who live far away, a visit to Kemah Boardwalk may be both a lot of fun and may be a little disappointing

Hopefully, now that the ride is being built and there are hundreds of great photos available, people won't go into the park expecting something like a normal amusement park.

It's arguable that the Boardwalk could eventually be voted as being one of the best "food" parks.

I'm sorry but as much as I think Landry's restaurants are a step up from your typical Applebee's or Fridays, they still don't come close to the food you can get at Dollywood or a Universal park or a Busch park etc etc

This is probably one of the best looking coasters built. It looks really good in the area that it is in, and it kind of reminds me of Viper on the Hurricane Harbor side. This looks a lot better than the two hybrid coasters GG has built, and hopefully more coasters like this are built.