TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kemah Boardwalk and Bullet Discussion Thread

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks cool.

Too bad there aren't any other parks in the Houston area ... Stupid Astroworld.

Well, it also looks like a better ride than anything Astroworld had to offer. Let's hope that this may be the start of an ever-expanding Kemah Boardwalk!

This looks like it is going to have a ton of laterals and not so much airtime, which is actually a pleasant change. I don't think the turn after the first drop can be 90* as it would just seem really unpleasant to do that, but its probably something close like 60-70*.

SAWEEEEEET!!!

GGwoodie for Texas? YES PLEASE! This is going to be great. I always love when big name ride companies build rides for smalltime parks that dont have much amusement publicity. Now that Kemah has announced its new woodie, it's going to get much more well known, especially if wins best new ride for 2007 (though it has tough competition with maverick), which would realy plunge Kemah into the spotlight

Do you think Kemah boardwalk knows what theyre getting into as far as publicity and crowds?

It is nice to see GG going with a traditional looking coaster instead of a record breaking modern wooden coaster.

To be fair to the Gravity Group, they build what kinds of coasters parks ask of them. So, Voyage and Hades were big rides because the parks wanted it that way, not because Gravity Group wants to build all record-breaking coasters.

This ride is within a simple hour and ten minute drive from where I live. I smell road trip!

I am so excited about this. Tilman Fertita smartly filled the glaring gap of thrills in the Houston-area. This ride will definitely bring in traffic.

Yesssss!!!

Excuse me for being cynical...

I think it looks... Boring! The layout is no more different then a normal layout on an average coaster on RCT. It is really short, and sure, there's a 90 degrees part, but that's it! It doesn't look to big either.

I don't think it will be as good as everyone else is saying it will be. Besides, its good to have another side of a debate.

On the other hand, you don't have to be cynical just to be cynical. IMHO it seems that they are cramming a butt load of layout into a tight compact area. Where as I would definitely agree that that would tend to not boad well for it having huge floater air. (cough, El Toro, cough) It would seem to imply that the whole out of control, laterals and g's would be quite high. This tends to work well for woodies as well as other kinds of coasters. Specifically inverts.

I think it looks pretty awesome. Not to mention head chopper central.

Too bad it's in Texas. Cause' Texas sucks, and that would mean that the ride will inevitably suck. Just like the president!

Where as I would definitely agree that that would tend to not boad well for it having huge floater air. (cough, El Toro, cough) It would seem to imply that the whole out of control, laterals and g's would be quite high.

Yeah. I don't like the whole out of Control feeling. I prefer the more, how should i put this, superior sort of layout, with a lot of hills, etc. More like the Voyage, then this new coaster.

Although, i am glad to see Gravity Group getting stuck in it. They have some awesome ideas, but are probably wasting it in Six Flags Territory (Texas).

Do you think Kemah boardwalk knows what theyre getting into as far as publicity and crowds?

Yes, I'm sure they did absolutely no research into what GG has done for Mt. Olympus and Holiday World, and what a world class coaster company like GCI did for a small forgetable park like Beech Bend. I'm sure they just flipped through the Yellow Pages to find the first coaster builder they could.

As for the coaster, I'm impressed. Not sure what else to say beyond that. It's not exactly something I'm gonna rush out to Houston for, but it does look like a pretty fun ride.

Oh, and no name announcement? That's a bid odd for a press release, unless I missed something. Eh, whatever.