TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

1st Advent / 2nd Advent

Hattuchili

1st Advent

What are you going to do?

Today is the first advent and only 22 days left till christmas. I hope everyone has some time to enjoy this day with the family.

Normally at this time of the year it is cold outside and I enjoy these days with some hot chocolate or a Glühwein (German wine, served hot like tea, with some christmas spices) and some of Grandmom´s selfmade cookies. But this year I am sitting here in shirt and shorts and when I take a look out of the window, then I can see it is very warm outside. Uhh, the summer here just started.

So, totally different and kind of strange, but also interesting.

Time for the first candle

--Soren

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh wow - I haven't really observed Advent since I was growing up. I really should introduce it to my kids.

I spent the day reading the Sunday paper and watching football.

Hope you are having a wonderful time in Brazil! My nephew's wife is from Brazil (he met her while he was doing the college program at WDW!) and she's spending Christmas there this year, for the first time since they got married 3 years ago.

Let's see...my first day of advent consisted of going to church to hear about the 'new year' as they dubbed it. After doing my job there, I went to my other job to put in about 4 hours of work, came home and got some Christmas lights started setting up. Our house is going to be themed as a gingerbread house. Expect a TR soon.

Hope you are having a wonderful time in Brazil! My nephew's wife is from Brazil (he met her while he was doing the college program at WDW!) and she's spending Christmas there this year, for the first time since they got married 3 years ago.

I tell you, Disney is the place for Romance!! I met my bf there and about 5 of my fellow "cast couples" are all still together! There has even been 2 Disney babies from my program and Soren and Alissandra are engaged. If you want a Bf/GF go do the college program!

Anyhoo, I didn't celebrate advent either. I completely forgot! I do have a calendar tho

I am having a really good time here. It is totally different from every country I have visited before, but it is good to be here with my fiance.

I tell you, Disney is the place for Romance!! I met my bf there and about 5 of my fellow "cast couples" are all still together! There has even been 2 Disney babies from my program and Soren and Alissandra are engaged. If you want a Bf/GF go do the college program!

Haha, you are so right, Chrissie. I know a lot of couples from my time there. It is so easy to meet people from all over the world and even easier to get a BF/GF. I just went there to do the IP program, but what I found was so much better - I found my fiance. So far I would say it was the best I have ever done in my life. So, after all the promotion for the Disney Program, Disney should send the money to my account!

--Soren

Today is the time to light up the second candle for the 2nd Advent. Normally I am not that religious, but this advent thing is something that I kept from my childhood. For me it fits perfectly with the cold christmas time. Right now it is not really that cold here in brazil, but I am still trying to keep the tradition alive. I am sure later when my fiance is back, then we will have a nice "2nd advent" dinner to finish the day.

Time to light up the 2nd candle

--Soren

It's always nice to have somthing to hang on to every Christmas. Thanksgiving night we put up the tree and drink eggnog with the whole family. Me, Im not religous (I don't believe in God keep you politcs out of it) but I do got to a Chistmas service at the local church. then go home, meet with the other side of the family drink some eggnog and wait for the next morning.