TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Off Season Withdraw Symptoms

With the off season here on the east coast going on I thought it was time for a little off season question.

During the off season have you ever experienced withdraw symptoms from the lack of coaster riding? if so what happened?

Personally I have never had any physically, but emotionally I miss them very much.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toverland is open 365/365....so no, i don't. Altough i'm so damn hard looking forward to the East Coast Trip, even if i see the signallights of airplanes, it flashes trough my mind that i'll be on a plane to the US in 7 months

1. You think/dream about your home park.

2. When your school serves mini corn dogs you say "These are not even close to being as good as ____________'s pronto pups!"

3. You try to recreate your hometown parks' coasters multiple times on No Limits everyday.

4. You can't go a day without talking about how much you can't wait for the park to open again.

5. You check your homepark's website/fansite everyday hoping for a construction/offseason update.

6. You look at your season pass form and count down the days until you can go and get it processed.

7. Everytime someone mentions a parks name you almost break your neck looking.

8. You see the periodic table of elements and think of rides that have those abbreviations.

9. You count down the days til your favorite park opens.

10. You visit TPR.

2. When your school serves mini corn dogs you say "These are not even close to being as good as ____________'s pronto pups!"

3. You try to recreate your hometown parks' coasters multiple times on No Limits everyday.

4. You can't go a day without talking about how much you can't wait for the park to open again.

5. You check your homepark's website/fansite everyday hoping for a construction/offseason update.

6. You look at your season pass form and count down the days until you can go and get it processed.

8. You see the periodic table of elements and think of rides that have those abbreviations.

10. You visit TPR.

I must confess i probably do about half of those. I should go to APA "Amusement Parks Anonymous"

Fixed the title of this thread so it's a little more descriptive.

As for us, we basically still travel during the off season. We went to Orlando during Halloween. We'll do Christmas stuff in both California and Florida again.

And then perhaps we'll do another trip between Jan and March.

There are still places open, and with more parks like Dollywood and Beech Bend doing winter events, I hope that catches on to other parks as well.

--Robb

Yep, the best way to avoid those off-season blues is to go to places that are operational throughout the year or have special winter events.

I'm off to PortAventura and Tibidabo next week, and I'm sure that'll keep me happy for a good while!

Between work and school, and the lack of a bank account, its hard for me to get around in the off season, though I would love to go to California and Florida. I keep myself occupied with hockey, school, and all the other stupid things I have to deal with. But I do start to think about all my trips from the previous season, and other seasons as well, how much fun we all had and all the stupid things that happend. But, that is what comes with living in a cold place during the winter.

Lets go Rangers baby!!

During the offseason I usually take a trip down to Florida, or go on a nice vacation to somewhere WARM, so it is usually not that bad. If I don't go on vacation, I just spend my time skiing. Thats good enough for me;

1) Fun

2) Fast paced

3) Adrenaline pumping

4) HIGH!

(Especially Jiminy Peak in MA seeing as they have the Mountain Coaster which is incredibly fun), and trust me, I NEVER lose any interest in coasters...

10. You visit TPR.

I do six of those things....I think I'm obsessed.

The thing I probably do the most is count down the days till my homepark opens ( which happens to be 126 days ).

Hopefully next year my off season won't be so long and I'll be able to go to Silver Dollar City sometime in November/December.

^Same here. Work and save for trips next summer...although it's very tempting to plan a trip when you get 8-12 inches of snow like we're supposed to get up here in the Twin Cities in the next couple hours.

I also work at The Park at MOA so I'll be very interested in the changes taking place here over the next couple of months.

Right as the off season begins it is the worst for me, after that I really lose interest in coasters. I visit TPR and look at construction updates, but I am pretty patient waiting for the next season. I play alot of video games, and alot of huge titles are released during the holiday season, so that helps occupy my interest I guess.

It's hard for me to go through the off season. with California's great america closed its hard. i'll take a couple trips down south to Knotts or SFMM.

There have been a few times that the crane company i work and worked for do a lot of business with SFDK/CGA so if we get called out to do FireFall or Tony Hawk's or even maybe the new CGI(2008 offseason) then that'll ease the offseason pain... some