TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Experience

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Dipper at Geauga Lake. That thing can stay there and rot for all I care. Every single time I rode it, it has jammed my neck and made it sore for a few weeks afterward. I have given it many chances to 'redeem' itself, but it was always the same damn thing every time.

The most recent time I rode Predator at Darien Lake, by far. I've never had my brain and back rattled that much on a coaster before!

Funny thing is, I visited DL with my family in 1999, and I thought Predator was decent, and not too terribly rough. Fast forward to like 2005 when I went with some good friends of mine who live up in Rochester. We rode Ride of Steel (awesome), and then I suggest "we could do Predator next....that little ride's pretty decent". One of my friends (who cannot stand an overly rough coaster) asks, "is it very rough?", to which I say "no, not really". Then we rode it. Potholes, jackhammering, and just a miserable experience. As we hit the brakes, my friend turns around, gives me the evilest eye I've ever seen from her, and simply says "You. Die. Now!" After the brutal pain wore off, we laughed about it the rest of the day, but man....that ride SUCKED!!

Also: The last few rides I've had on Disaster Transport, the ride was just HORRID. The thing shuffles along the track, and really doesn't run as well as it used to.

I've been on La Vibora and DT and actually enjoy the Intamin Bobsleds better than the Mack bobsleds. Just a personal preference I guess. Only thing I didn't like about DT was that the ride building temperature was about 5-10 degrees hotter than the outside temp when I rode.

^^Good question.

Riding Millennium Force in the front seat through massive clouds of insects is not a pleasant experience.

I think this was when I was there in 2006. My last ride at the park was the front seat on MF. I had a light colored shirt on and it had a nice collection of recently deceased bugs on it. They were swarming around the bottom of the first drop and, well, 90+ mph sort of did them in.

I thought it was quite awesome, though others were less excited about my trophy shirt.

Gemini and Cedar Creek Mine Ride at twilight. On gemini others seem to have no problem with the bugs which seemed alien like to us. On the lift hill we head into one of CP's famous insect swarms and it being our first ride my brother and in ducked for half the lift hill while others let the bugs sit on them and walk all over as if others didn't know they existed! I guess employees and locals get used to it.

My first ride on Mantis. Head-banging, my legs were sore, and of course my nuts just felt bizarre afterwards.

Luckily it was much better the second time around.

I'm pretty sure this is what sex is like for women, except for the bizarre nuts part. I had something else here but I took it out even though I think they would have respected me for it. My worst coaster experience was e-stopping near the end of the launch on Hulk, it wasn't gentle, but it was cool getting to walk down the tunnel.

Son Of Beast at K.I. (With Loop).

Looked like an AMAZING ride, and found out that my neck and head really don't like a JackHammer riding on them during the helixes. Strangely enough, the loop itself was slippery smooth. That, the drop from the station, and the first drop were the only parts I liked. Hopefully this ride gets transformed a la "Texas Giant"

First ride ever on I305. Front row in the morning. As we went up the lift, it started pouring. Bad. Felt like needles. Couldn't feel my face for another 1.5 hours. Oh, the 20 odd other people on the train during East coast bash know what I'm talking about.

I remember the last time I rode The Chiller (Which was about a week before it closed permantely), they launched us, and the train didn't have enough speed and we rolled back. They went out to the launch track, and it turned out that the LIM fins weren't deployed properly.

So we're all set, and they launch it again. This time, we BARELY MISS stalling in the cobra roll, and this time roll back only so far, this time sitting in the observatory section of the ride. It took 20 MINUTES for the employees to finally get the train back to the station, and then we were launched AGAIN...This time, we actually got through.

The ride was not worth it...It felt empty without the zero-G-roll...