TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Experience

I know my most uncomfortable expirence was sitting in the brake run on Mantis for about 15 minutes while vomit was being cleaned from the train in the station my legs fell asleep and those bicycle seats are as hard as rock.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was 16, I worked at Worlds of Fun as a tram driver. Towards the end of summer I was asked to be on the early morning ride test team! I tested the coasters for the most part. One morning we were testing the Orient Express and the chain broke. We were stuck for two hours 3/4's up the lift hill. It was like 104F degrees since it was Aug. in Kansas City. It was very tough just sitting there and for whatever reason they wouldn't evacuate the ride. When they finally got us out they took like 6 girls to the hospital which I thought was extreamly overboard. I actually tried to go back to work but they sent me home. It wasn't so scary, but it was very tough with the heat and all.

I don't know about that.

The last couple times I went on Viper, I ended up getting my butt kicked.

I mean, sure it has excellent airtime (Actually, one of my favorite rides ever was on Viper one minute after it had stopped raining. Pure insanity!)

But I think age is starting to catch up to some of these rides.

• 4 weeks later...

Not really a bad experience on the ride it was more or less the employees that made it really bad. I drove to Buffalo Bills yesterday at the California / Nevada border to ride the Desperado. I was told on the phone before I left my house that the ride was open.

I arrived and didn't see any trains cycling. I went to the ticket booth and asked if the ride was going to open. The employee responded "Hopefully it never does I hate that ride." That made me mad, but what was worst the manager was standing right there when she said it and did nothing about it.

I asked what was wrong with the ride to the manager and she said that Desperado blew its lift motor last week and has been closed all week. It was supposed to open yesterday but the ride is having computer problems. So it might be down until Saturday.

I also asked why I was told the ride was open and drove all the way there and the ride has been closed all week. It just seems to be a lack of communication there.

The only upside was that the Turbo Drop was open and I haven't seen it open in the last 5 trips I made it out there.

It just stinks because I was going to take my friend who has never been on Desperado, or any Hyper Coaster for that matter. And was a waste of an 80 mile round trip.

John

The worst (or at least the scariest) coaster experience I've had was on the Screamer at Scandia Amusement Park. The operator went and checked everyone's seatbelts, then hit the start button without locking the lap bars. Of course, he realized it about five seconds later and the ride stopped at the bottom of the lift. He then came out and locked all the lapbars (the ride is a Miler with lapbars the operator has to lock down individually). The ride then started back up. I don't think anyone would have fallen out since it has seatbelts, but it was still pretty scary. Needless to say, I didn't ride it again until they switched operators.

I would say the Grizzly at Kings Dominion. It was worse then was when I went on it in 06. But this year was terrible. After the tunnel I was being jerked around all over the place and I thought I wasn't going to make it. I used to be able to ride it with my hands up the whole ride.

^ Talking about bad dispatch times, when I was at Carowinds, Nighthawk had horrible dispatch! They were letting a train go maybe every 3 or 4 minutes. It was rediculous.

I realize it is ridiculous, and I agree with you, but I am still going to defend them. Because of the way the loading and dispatch of nighthawk are set up, it just naturally takes a long time.

Starting with a train that has just entered the station. The train has to dock in the correct spot before the pins that keep the trains in position can be pulled out. Once those pins are pulled out, then the train can lift up to the load/unload position. After everyone has been unloaded, and the next group loaded, the ride ops have to lock the restraints in groups of two and then check them. That means multiple checks for each restraint after locking them, then they can move onto the next group of restraints. Meanwhile the computer in the control booth is checking after the ride ops to see if any seats are unlocked. If one of the sensors does not sense that the restraint is locked, then the train wont dispatch (adding to the dispatch times).

Finally, the train can be lowered, the pins are set, then the sensors check that the pins are in position before allowing a train to be dispatched.

#1: Getting stuck on the front seat on Mind Eraser at around 3:00. It was about 90+ degrees that day And..they didnt let us get off so we had to finish the painful ride.

#2: Waiting 1 hr to ride Batwing in 100* weather to find out that it was going to close as soon as you reached the station. Well technically thats not a ride experience but it was almost 1!

If I was to be honest, It would be Mean Streak at Cedar Point. You will not get me back on that ever. I had a head ache for 3 days after that. It vibrates your head way too much. Move Ravine flyer 2 up to its position as I loved that ride.

I was riding in the roller coaster in Thailand. No a Thrill one....However, I was stregthing my arms up so that I could get more Thrill.

The ride was very bumpy, Once it bumped, My arms fell down and hit the armrest and it banged so hard that people down there could hear.

I couldn't feel my arm in the next couple of days. They're all numb

I was on El Toro a few weeks ago, and some moron brought a souvenir bottle on to the ride. (What happened to those lockers?) Anyway, I was in the last row, and this gentlement was in the row in front of me. Right after the first drop, soda goes flying all over me, and the bottle is swinging very close to my face. I felt like a boxer trying to protect his nose. The whole ride I had my hands in front of my face. And all the guy could say was sorry. Me being the little baby girl that I am, I said nothing to him or guest relations.

• 4 months later...

Another bad experience:

Last time i visited Europa Park, when I was on eurosat with my sister, everyone else (expect my mum's aunt and husband) didn't tell they were about to queue up for Silver Star. When we went back we couldn't queue up, it was late the day.

But my mum's aunt persuaded a guard to let us in 10 minutes later the queue was frozen 10 minutes later the emergency exits opened

The worst coaster moments I've had probably happened to some of you. When ever I go to Cedar Point it rains. On my last trip I was waiting for Mean Streak to open in a light rain storm. I was next to get on. About 40 minutes passed & it didn't open so I left. As soon as a walked out of line the train I should have been on left the station. I went back in line because it was short & it started raining again! Stupid Cedar Point rain policy Another incident I had at CP was when I was waiting in line for TTD. This was in 2007. I was next in line & the ride broke down. It took 45 minutes to reopen but I still got on it.

Definitely Wild Beast @ Canada's Wonderland. This thing just jackhammered the entire ride and I felt like my spine was about to shatter. Not to mention, it goes so slow through the turns that there's no excitement to cancel out the roughness.

Ive seen 2 accidents where people went into coma's and later died. But I think riding the Volare at CW takes the taco as far as most horrifying experience.

Mine would have to be Psyclone at Six Flags Magic Mountain. That piece of sh!t feels like riding a shopping cart without wheels down a road at high speeds.

Also Limit at Heide Park. I rode it once in the back, and then just because I couldn't believe how bad it was, I rode it again in the front. During my ride it starting pouring down rain. It hurt so bad that it defiantly put me to the limit.

--James

I have a tie.

Boomerang @ KBF in June. This was my first time riding this, and also my first Boomerang coaster. I sat in the very back (which was a horrible idea). We started going up, and I couldn't tell when we were done going up or if we were already there, but we didn't drop for an extremely long time. We were basically just hanging up there, forced to face forward and lean on your restraint. Finally, we dropped. It was a pretty tame drop, and a "whatever, no big deal" first half. Then when we dropped on the backwards spike, the pain and misery started. The backwards loop was the roughest, and most unenjoyable inversion/part of any ride I've ever ridden. It was just terrible. Then the cobra roll. It was also bad, but not as bad as the vertical loop. Then we SLAM back into station (where I actually blacked out for a few seconds) and slowly rolled back in, braking very hardly. I felt horrible before (scared, wondering how bad it'd be), I felt horrible during (you just read my post, didn't you?) and horrible after. It almost ruined my day. If you are not a credit w*ore, then skip this, there is no need to ride it. It's horrible.

Here's another one. Not as bad as the last, but still bad.

Colossus @ SFMM in June (bad month for coasters ) I'd already ridden it before, and it was pretty bad, but for some strange reason, I decided to ride it again. So, I won't explain the whole ride like I did for Boomerang, it was just overall: Bad, unenjoyable, slamming on brakes, extremely rough, long, and just....bad! I almost barfed after too. I had to sit on a bench for anout 10 minutes drinking soda, until I felt better. Then I got my first ride on Tatsu but that wouldn't be right in this topic, becasuse that was DEFINATELY not a bad experience