TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Experience

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a few

- Manhatten Express. Horribly rough and painful, and this was when it was relatively new. Only coaster to leave me with a bruise (on my shoulder from those damn restraints).

- Deja Vu at MM. It was probably the third time I had ridden it, and about midway through the cobra roll on the forwards portion, I just had this immense feeling that I was NOT enjoying the ride. Wasn't roughness or anything, I just did not want to be on it. I can't explain it, but it was just unpleasant. I won't go on it again. Not my cup of tea.

- Gwazi. Horribly brutal, jackhammering beyond belief, coupled with my general morning nausea led to a really, really bad ride.

- Gwazi. Horribly brutal, jackhammering beyond belief, coupled with my general morning nausea led to a really, really bad ride.

I keep hearing this from people on here. Every Gwazi ride I've been on was nothing like you described. It had the typical wooden coaster roughness, but nothing that would deter the ride from being enjoyable. Was it cause of a certain row/time/day you rode on?

However, Cheetah at Wild Adventures is EXACTLY how you described Gwazi: Brutal and jackhammering on the turns and just overall painful. Especially in the middle. It's the only coaster to actually give me a headache.

I'm a bit of a 'theme park virgin'... I rode Georgia Cyclone in the back row in May this year as my first ride of the day at Six Flags Over Georgia and absolutely loved it! The train was full of people, and the ride was packed full of air time; a little rough here and there but nothing at all bad.

Then I re-rode just before closing. It had been raining, and the train was almost empty. Again I sat in the back - and this time had the CRAP beaten out of me! I also got off with a bleeding ankle from hitting the bottom of the lap bar.

I heard woodies were moody but bloody hell!

I actually really enjoyed my 3 rides on GC (1 front row, 2 back row). I thought it was worth riding just for the insane air time on the drop off the 2nd turnaround. A bit rough, but nothing I couldn't live with.

The Vekoma Boomerang in Geauga Lake was brutal going backwards in the cobra roll; some of the worst headbanging I've ever experienced. The same goes for the SLC. Villain (GL again) and Gwazi both gave me splitting headaches, in combination with the other rides. Jackhammering and whatnot.

Mean Streak actually wasn't that bad, at least not when I rode it. The roughness wasn't that notable; the coaster was just slow and dull.

My worst coaster experience was probably Psyclone at SFMM. Good thing it's gone now, because I hated that ride. That was probably my first full SFMM experience too. Me and my friend nicknamed it "Dieclone."

(Hey, I was a little kid!)

How could you say that... mutinay!

Anyway...

Lets see. First time at SFMM, First ride of the day (prime roller coaster riding time,) Ninja, Got stuck on the last brake run for about an hour. It was cool though because they let use choose any ride at the park and walk on... chose Batman the Ride, I was so glad I did B/C it would not have been worth the wait.

offtopic... @ zeke11793... Justice Rocks!

Lets see. First time at SFMM, First ride of the day (prime roller coaster riding time,) Ninja, Got stuck on the last brake run for about an hour. It was cool though because they let use choose any ride at the park and walk on... chose Batman the Ride, I was so glad I did B/C it would not have been worth the wait.

offtopic... @ zeke11793... Justice Rocks!

Yeah, Ninja=not a good first ride. Head over to Viper or X2. (or Revolution) those are the closest to the entrance. Or maybe even Tatsu. X2 and Tatsu get some of the longest lines. How long exactly was the wait for Batman, I think it's an amazing ride...

I keep hearing this from people on here. Every Gwazi ride I've been on was nothing like you described. It had the typical wooden coaster roughness, but nothing that would deter the ride from being enjoyable. Was it cause of a certain row/time/day you rode on?

However, Cheetah at Wild Adventures is EXACTLY how you described Gwazi: Brutal and jackhammering on the turns and just overall painful. Especially in the middle. It's the only coaster to actually give me a headache.

Same here. I've been on Gwazi at Busch Gardens in Tampa, and all I've experienced was the typical roughness of a wooden coaster.

And not to give Montu a bad name, because I LOVE it! Yet after riding it for the second or third time in my life, I couldn't go to sleep because I still felt like I was going through loops and turns!

Well, I agree that wooden coasters should have some roughness to them, but Gwazi has just gotten past the acceptable level and has become rather brutal. I've been riding it every year since around 2000, and during the first few years it was more than bearable (actually was a pretty fun ride). Now, I don't even bother riding it unless its a walk-on, though thats never the case anymore since the dispatches are redicuously slow.

I recently revisited Hershey Park, and since the lines were extremely short i rode the Sooper dooper looper. The lack of shoulder restraints gave me the urge to through up my hands on the loop. not a good idea..... That loop starts at normal, but then you jolt to the side, causing whiplash do to the lack of over the shoulder restraints. The rest of the ride was pretty smooth and almost boring, but when we came into the station we were going a little to fast, and in order for the front row (containing me) to line up with the front row line, the car had to be stopped abruptly, causing everyone in the train to lurch forward, causing more whiplash. This ride was almost as bad as a vekoma SLC!

I recently revisited Hershey Park, and since the lines were extremely short i rode the Sooper dooper looper. The lack of shoulder restraints gave me the urge to through up my hands on the loop. not a good idea..... That loop starts at normal, but then you jolt to the side, causing whiplash do to the lack of over the shoulder restraints. The rest of the ride was pretty smooth and almost boring, but when we came into the station we were going a little to fast, and in order for the front row (containing me) to line up with the front row line, the car had to be stopped abruptly, causing everyone in the train to lurch forward, causing more whiplash. This ride was almost as bad as a vekoma SLC!

SDL was my first upside down coaster and I loved it and didn't think it was rough at all. It sure was a nicer ride than wildcat was. A good way to prevent that whiplash is to keep your head stapled to your seat. It's certainly not easy but it makes the ride alot nicer. I rode it 3 times that trip and always had a fun ride. Though the last ride seemed a bit rough to me but nothing compared to whatt you described(this was last year btw). It's getting up there in age so maybe it got rougher this year.

SDL was my first upside down coaster and I loved it and didn't think it was rough at all. It sure was a nicer ride than wildcat was. A good way to prevent that whiplash is to keep your head stapled to your seat. It's certainly not easy but it makes the ride alot nicer. I rode it 3 times that trip and always had a fun ride. Though the last ride seemed a bit rough to me but nothing compared to whatt you described(this was last year btw). It's getting up there in age so maybe it got rougher this year.

eh i dunno. wildcat was pretty good to me... it might just be the new millennium flier trains. but yeah ur right, it could just be the fact that i stuck my head out too much...

Boss and Mr. Freeze were both pretty bad the last time I rode them. Boss was rougher than any of my previous rides, but, some of it might have come from being stapled into my seat.

Mr. Freeze was awesome going foreward, but reverse is where it became unpleasant. My body was thrown around a lot, and my head hit the side of the headrest, twice, which really hurt. The tophat wasn't that bad in reverse, but the vertical spike and over-banked turn were just awful.

A few years back, I passed out just a week before PPP and wound up with a concussion of sorts. I survived PPP with a few head pains, but made the mistake of trying to ride Hercules on the way back home. In pain the whole ride, I had never hoped so hard that brakes would pop up around every corner. I can't begin to tell you how happy I was when the ride finally ended.