TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Experience

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ridden 6 (I think) and until they stop jamming that masochistic "seat" into dudes' groinal areas (which they did on all of them -B & M and Togo) they all suck.

the "seat" is what keeps idiots, and some people who just cant help it, from slipping out from underneath the OSTR, so i highly doubt they are going to get rid of those.

Getting stuck on the lift hill of Zeus at Big Chief Carts and Coasters (currently Mt. Olympus). Right after we left the station massive hail started falling from the sky.

Ouch... Tennis Ball or Golf Ball Size?

Haha, nothing really huge, but it was hail none the less, and hail down that first drop was NOT fun.

Mine was on Superman - La attraccion de Acero at Parque Warner. There were so little people in the park that the ride ops insisted that we stayed on the train. So I rode it 14 times in a row. But on the 14th ride I immediately felt nausious on the first drop and I had to really keep myself from throwing up. Afterwards I had to sit down for 20 min. before I could even walk again.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I didn't have one but I do. It just hit me. I was in Las Vegas with my parents in July 2003. We walked from the Mandalay Bay Hotel (where we were staying) all the way to the Stratosphere in 117 degree heat. What do you know. High Roller was closed due to wind I believe it was. It was supposed to repopen at 6 so instead we went next door to the Sahara so I could ride Speed. I got an all day wristband. After I went on it I didn't feel that good to ride it a second time but my mom told me to go since I got the wristband. I did & after I got off I threw up & I never get sick on roller coasters but remember: roller coasters & extreme heat are not a good mix! At least my onride picture came out good & Speed was alot of fun. I hope to ride it again someday when its not so hot.

Both of mine came at Cedar Point: Mantis and Mean Streak.

Mantis didn't immediately rack me like others have mentioned. I was fine and had a great ride until the pull-out of the dive loop. I got a massive charlie horse in my left calf. I winced and cried out, then bent my knees a little to try and ease the pain--and got absolutely castrated by the little helix that followed. The rest of the ride I had shooting pain all through my left leg and...well...yeah. Next time at the park was a good ride for me though.

I expected a rough ride on Mean Streak thanks to friends' warnings. I just wasn't expecting it to last FOREVER. The trims do almost nothing to reduce the jackhammering and the lurches on hills (up AND down them). All the trims did was turn the ride into a prolonged "beat-up session". It felt like you were being shaken by a bully and beaten with crutches--in slow motion. but full-speed impact. If that's possible. Next time at the park was...more of the same...

This isn't a coaster, but I think it's a funny story anyways.

I was riding Giant Drop at SFGAM and I had been very sick all day. I decided to go to Six Flags anyways, because it was my 8th grade graduation trip with my entire class. I had been eating jolly ranchers all day, which caused me to get dehydrated. I was in line for Giant Drop and started to feel dizzy and hot. I decided to ride anyways, because I had waited 15 minutes and I didn't want my waiting time to have been a waste.

I boarded the ride and as we were going up I fainted. I remember looking at American Eagle and everything turning white and blending into the white structure and then everything was white and I was out. I woke up and we were already at the bottom. The only problem was that our restraints were stuck!! So now I really needed water and I knew that I was going to be stuck for 15 minutes. I was thinking that I was going to die or something, so I had the ride op come over and asked her for water. She was very nice and let me have her water bottle. We got off the ride 15 minutes later and were given free drink passes.

I must be fortunate, I had no bad experiences riding roller coasters even though I was at Kings Island riding the Scooby Doo Ghostbuster. I waited over an hour to get on, but the ride was so lame. I'm glad they got ride of it.

But I did have a bad experience waiting in line to get on a coaster. At Six Flags Great Adventure, my buddy and I were in line to ride Skull Mountain and there were these three restless girls behind us playing "let's hit each other" games. One girl ducked out of the way and I got hit by one of them. They apologized and I accepted, but a minute later, I got hit again. I gave them a stern warning to quit their playing and resume my line waiting, and a minute later I get hit again!

I was PO'ed after that and a yelling match resulted. My friend stepped in and, in the end, we decided to let these girls pass us in line, plus a few more riders to keep us seperated from them. I never hit a girl before, and thanks to my friend, I still never have hit a girl and have us thrown out of the park. I rather face a rough and tough coaster than to stand in that type of line again.

Mine has to be California Screamin' in the rain. It was pouring and the rain felt like rocks were being chucked at my head.

I ducked, which for some reason totally screwed up my neck.

I will never, ever go on a coaster in the rain again.

Why you ask, well let me tell you.

Slightly long so apologise in advance.

I boarded what I think is my favourite wet ride I have been on so far in my humble life, only to be greeted with a foul-mouthed irish mother with her two kids (girl about 5yrs, boy 8yrs approx) telling them to sit the **** down you mother******* little ********. I really kid you not - had my camera been waterproof I would have taped it to get her sent to social services. The ride continued with every splash making this woman scream (and I mean, scream!) jump up and shout "I'm fookin wet, I can't believe it". She obviously didn't look when she got on it that it was a wet ride.

Now the worst part, as soon as any wave hit, or the boat rocked the little girl started to cry and was visibly really frightened. Mother's response, "stop being such a little B**** and shut the f*** up"

To say my blood ran cold was an understatement.

(and I work in social care and have sat on adoption and fostering panels a few times so consider myself a bit toughened round the edges after some of the stuff I have seen)

And then the ride breaks down.... Oh, dear god, why oh why oh why.

We then spend 15 looooooooooooong minutes on this damn raft, with FMM (Foul Mouthed Mother) swearing her way round every complaint she could think of.

We were also stuck just before a bridge and people were queueing to see what the fuss was about just from her voice.

I felt so sorry for this little girl and just wondered what the hell I could do to help, but reminded myself that this was her mother, so who was I to judge her life?

When the rather happy looking attendant came to walk us off the ride, I almost dry humped his leg with appreciation.

Sorry for the long post, but this nearly spoilt my favourite ride...

that is one of the most shocking stories I have ever heard.

The worst ones for me were Runaway Reptar at Carowinds on a hot day, Vekoma pain at 100 degrees is not good. Another was Python at a pier in Ocean City, New Jersey (I cant remember what it was called.). It was a really small ride, were they didn't check your restraints. IT HAD A LOOP! This ride was rough and it freaked me out.

Coaster Express in Parque Warner 15 months ago.

At that time, I had a problem with my back already for a while, but did not expercience problems riding other coasters.

Man, I thought I was going to get an heartattack or something when riding Coaster Express. I was so glad the ride was over and that I made it alive. Really, that's what I was thinking.

• 6 months later...

I remember a certain ride on Boss a couple years ago. The first day we (my family) were at St. Louis, I rode Boss 4 times early morning and absolutely LOVED it. However, it broke down around 11:00. Later, around 7:00, we saw that it was open again. We got in line and rode one more time.

*O*M*G*

I thought I was severely bleeding from the brain.

The weird thing was, we rode it the next day 4 more times, and none of them hurt.

Iron Wolf is "temperamental". Some days it rocks, some days I get off thinking "Do I still have an ear?".

I still love it though.

I also think that Viper at SFGADV had to have been the worst coaster I've ridden.

I'm shocked by the amount of people who hated SOB. Sure, it can be rough and beat you up a bit, but heck, it's fun. I once rode it 8 times in a row in a downpour. Painful, sure. Fun, hell yeah!

Sweet, powerful woodies that beat you up = awesomeness

Boring, cloned Vekomas that beat you up = terrible ride

I remember a certain ride on Boss a couple years ago. The first day we (my family) were at St. Louis, I rode Boss 4 times early morning and absolutely LOVED it. However, it broke down around 11:00. Later, around 7:00, we saw that it was open again. We got in line and rode one more time.

*O*M*G*

I thought I was severely bleeding from the brain.

The weird thing was, we rode it the next day 4 more times, and none of them hurt.

Iron Wolf is "temperamental". Some days it rocks, some days I get off thinking "Do I still have an ear?".

I still love it though.

Same thing for me on my trip to SFStl a few years back. I took 2 early front seat rides and thought it was a freaking awesome woodie, only negative being the gerslaughter trains banging my legs up a bit. But it was good. Then I went for a final front seat ride to end my day in the late afternoon/early evening and I guess after having the day to warm up and run faster things get a bit more crazy as it was ROUGH like mad. I still thought it was a good woodie, though, all in all.

I'm gonna say Viper at SFGAdv is my first choice. That ride was such crap it blew my mind. I was just praying my neck didn't snapped in half by the time we were going through the heartline roll...

O yeah, SOB also. Last season when I got a front seat ride I could have never imagined a ride being so boring and so painful... That thing absolutely crawls through the last half of the ride but still manages to be painful as heck.

I'm a bit of a 'theme park virgin'... I rode Georgia Cyclone in the back row in May this year as my first ride of the day at Six Flags Over Georgia and absolutely loved it! The train was full of people, and the ride was packed full of air time; a little rough here and there but nothing at all bad.

Then I re-rode just before closing. It had been raining, and the train was almost empty. Again I sat in the back - and this time had the CRAP beaten out of me! I also got off with a bleeding ankle from hitting the bottom of the lap bar.

I heard woodies were moody but bloody hell!