TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Experience

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 3rd ride on Hades 360 during our ERT session. I had ridden the back and front which were doable and then for this lap sat in one of the middle rows. The pains in my lower back were on par if not worse with how I felt after the 100th lap of Jaguar during coasting for kids. Never have I completely and utterly wanted a ride to end, be able to get off and watch it burn than during that ride.

^Then probably you shouldn't credit whoring any Chinese Knock-Off SLCs.

I rode Ninja at SFSt.L 2 times in a day and never got any problem with that. Probably the wheel seat, back row of The Boss and Hades in any seat were the worst experience I've ever got. But the roughness of The Boss is not even close to Hades witch gave me a headache for the rest of the day because I rode it 4 times during ERT.

• 3 weeks later...

Mind Eraser at Elitch Gardens was SO rough...it tore open THE FRONT of my shorts. It violently shuffled back and forth slamming my crotch over and over into the restraint.

By far the WORST SLC I've ever encountered.

Happily the Guest Relations folks at Elitch bought me some new shorts and gave me some Elitch bucks for my trouble. Way Classy.

998922_10151588319145233_450490096_n.thumb.jpg.7622aa0a79b5c3510180dcc78d8dcbc7.jpg

Hello, wiener!

Mine was an magnum a few years back. I've never been one to be nervous at all especially about lap bars but in whatever seat I was in it was so loose I actually felt like I was going to come out.

Mind Eraser at Elitch Gardens was SO rough...it tore open THE FRONT of my shorts. It violently shuffled back and forth slamming my crotch over and over into the restraint.

By far the WORST SLC I've ever encountered.

Happily the Guest Relations folks at Elitch bought me some new shorts and gave me some Elitch bucks for my trouble. Way Classy.

[attachment=0]998922_10151588319145233_450490096_n.jpg[/attachment]

Holy Shit!!!

I think for me it would have to be Skyrush last summer. I've ridden a number of woodies that made me absolutely miserable and left me with no desire to ever ride them again, but it's not unexpected for that to happen with woodies. Same with Arrows/Vekomas. But I did not expect that from a brand-new Intamin. The restraints were resting on my legs just above the knee, and whenever the ride hit the massive negative G's, the lapbar felt like it was trying to snap my leg bone in half. I spent basically the whole ride wishing it would end. To add insult to injury, the forces were so extreme (combined with the location of the restraints) that my phone decided to un-secure itself and fall out. (I've never before nor since had an issue with anything coming out of my pockets on a coaster.) When I told the ride op, he offered to let me ride again without waiting (I want to say the line was over an hour at the time), but I disliked it so much that I declined and made no attempt to re-ride it later that night or the next day.

Fortunately, my phone fell out on one of the only two patches of dirt underneath the entire ride (instead of lake, concrete, or fenced-off wooded area), and not only survived but made it to lost & found before I did (and with only a small scuff on the corner to show for it).

Mean Streak beat the stuffing out of me last Sunday, far worse than Roar or even Kong ever has. For some reason it kept lifting my whole body off of the seat and then slamming me back first against the seat-back. It felt like it was trying to fracture my spine or something..it wasnt just from airtime or hills, it was doing this rapidly just from the shaking/rattling of the vehicle. I was making the Hades 360 face throughout the ride and just wishing for it to be over. The people in the front seemed to be having a much better time, I think the back row was a bad choice.

I have another worst coaster experience to add -

There was the time that I spent two hours waiting in line to ride Millennium Force and it wasn't a bad wait because the DJ was playing some great tunes and you had some people dancing as they moved along. If me and my friend got on board and rode Millennium Force then that might have been the biggest highlight of our vacation. But then the lousy ride breaks down and the ride attendants saying it might be an hour before they can get that coaster going again, so we lefted. Five minutes later, we're at Cedar Creek area and we see the Millennium Force running again.

We Got Robbed!!!

I would have to say Nighthawk at Carowinds. I had my knees bent slightly and was leaning forward a bit when they locked the restraints into place. Never in my LIFE did I expect to fall out of a ride as much as I did there. As an added bonus, my dad just about dropped his iPhone and only saved it by catching it. Son of Beast at sunset on a hot day was a close second, though, just because the track was hot and made it tear up the layout even faster. I had bruises the next day. Another great one I want to bring up is Ninja at SFOG. Nothing special about the ride, just good ol' Vekoma.

An honorable mention goes to the time I got nailed in the eye with a grain of sand on Millennium Force at the bottom of the drop. Luckily the awesome ride made up for it.

At WCB, I could have ripped my shorts trying to get out of GL's seats...almost had the leg divider almost go up the.... Problem is that the seats are too deep and too high off the ground.

Speaking on behalf on my neighbor, she messed up her tailbone getting off of SFDK's V2. Again, the seats are too high off the ground and you literally have to jump in and out of them. I wonder why the Intamins in which your legs hang don't use a retractable floor like how the B&Ms do...

^Superman: Ultimate Escape at Geauga Lake did have a retractable floor. I assume it was eliminated on the other impulse coasters to cut down on costs of construction and maintenence. Does it still have a retractable floor after being relocated to Dorney?

My worst coaster experience by far was Hades in 2012. My girlfriend and I both had very sore backs for a day or 2 after roding, and we're VERY tolerant of rough wooden coasters- we both actually like Mean Streak and Wildcat at HP.

The worst recent ride I've had would be my ride on Boomerang at Great Escape. For some reason, I went to the park thinking this had the new shoulder strap restraints, and I also visited on a very hot day. The ride itself is probably one of the roughest coasters I've ridden, and I got off with a headache from the ride, as well as feeling sick(due to the ride and heat). It was just an unpleasant ride that lived up to the Vekoma stereotype.

The park's mine train was also bad, but I got on that knowing it would suck. Before I rode Boomerang, I had enjoyed 50% of the sit down Boomerangs I've ridden. Granted, I had only ridden two at the time, but still, I was optimistic.