TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Experience

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First of all. Really?^ You really made it to every Intamin and B&M in this world to assume they are all bad?

Worst coaster experience for me occurred on Millennium Force in 2006. I volunteered to be the single rider since our group had an odd number, so I was paired up with another person. He was about the same age as me at the same time, and didn't appear to creepy so I thought nothing of it sitting next to him. Right as we crested the lift, he removed his shirt and waved it like a towel at sports games the entire ride. Getting smacked in the face by his sweaty shirt multiple times was the perfect way to end my day at Cedar Point.

Worst coaster experience for me occurred on Millennium Force in 2006. I volunteered to be the single rider since our group had an odd number, so I was paired up with another person. He was about the same age as me at the same time, and didn't appear to creepy so I thought nothing of it sitting next to him. Right as we crested the lift, he removed his shirt and waved it like a towel at sports games the entire ride. Getting smacked in the face by his sweaty shirt multiple times was the perfect way to end my day at Cedar Point.

This is easily the greatest bad coaster story I've ever read.

Mean Streak within a couple years of its opening. It beat me up so bad I shunned woodies for a while. Its got a cool layout, maybe steel track it and ditch some trims... I dunno but it's got to be rescued once and for all somehow.

Not a ride issue per se, but it was the experience.

On Mean Streak, 2 girls behind us were coked up (or at least it sure as hell seemed like it!!!) and it was kinda annoying how they were carrying on, but on the actual ride they were screaming top of their lungs from start to finish (yes up the lift) leaning forward like right by our ears, thrusting their arms forward in our faces. Ugh

On Gemini we ascended the lift into a literal bug cloud. That was fun.

Probably the time on Bizarro where I had a pair of drunk teenaged girls shrieking in my ear the entire goddamn ride (yes, including on the lifthill), one of whom eventually threw up and (mostly) missed me. I have never wanted to strangle someone more in my entire life. Oh, and they were ASTOUNDINGLY loud. Like, seriously, I don't know how they didn't destroy their vocal chords.

Though nothing compared to my ride on Revolution at SFMM, next most uncomfy coaster I rode was the Pole Position coaster at the state fair. It was a fun ride and all, were spinning good but being suddenly yanked backward weren't so nice to the family jewels...along with the quick-hitting trim brakes halfway through.

Mean Streak at CP by a long shot. I made the mistake of sitting against the back of the seat, and my back just got slammed against the metal time and time again for the whole ride. I'm only 13 and my back was sore the next morning just in time for Coastermania! Only 17 hours of coasters in one day.

• 4 weeks later...

My next unpleasant experience had to have been riding Kong last weekend at SFDK. I came off with red ears and a headache. We were crazy enough to take the last row as I know I've had a smooth ride on this SLC but not that day. It had a few smooth spots and as soon as you realized/enjoyed it, the ride went to roughness. Probably the worst jolt was coming out of the sidewinder, and that final turn into the station. The braking on this is hard too...feels like you're hitting into a cement wall.

Back in like, 2007 or something it was a normal day at Kings Island. I was having a decent time with my friends and we decided to take a ride on the Beast as it was getting dark outside, like any normal person would do at the park. Usually people go for the front seat but my friends wanted to go for the quickest way aboard so we ended up in the last car.

The ride jackhammered so bad, the restraint dug into my rib cage and rattled me to death, when I got back to the station it was seriously the one and only time I felt like I needed medical assistance after riding a ride. Worse than any Son of Beast ride. It was absolutely awful and up until this year I hadn't rode in the last car!

This isn't anywhere near my "worst" coaster experience but it was definitely one of my "lamest". Hydra on a cold, cold Sunday during Halloweekends when me and my girlfriend were practically the only people at the park, and certainly the only people on the ride. I don't know if the cold or the empty train effected it more, but it was so slow I wondered if we'd even make it through the course, and extremely rattly, even with some headbanging during the inversions. Only coaster we didn't reride despite there obviously being no lines until after dark when people started to show up for the haunts.

Magnum Xl-200, I had the bar too tight an it hurt really bad! But it was pretty fun, and that airtime is your alternative pot!

I had a similar thing happen to me on Goliath at SFOG. I usually grip the corner of the restraint and give it a tug and let it go and it will come within a few clicks of my waste so I can slowly tighten it the rest of the way. But the restraint for the seat I was sitting in this time had a return spring that was either broken or missing. (This is the spring that allows the restraint to come up slowly when the restraints are released, they also provide resistance when pulling it down, which I was banking on) So, when I pulled on the restraint, it came slamming down onto my legs and it stayed there. I suppose there is a bright side, though, because it did help keep a lot of blood in the top of my body during the helix. I usually grey out there.

Fly - The Great Nor'Easter at Morey's Pier. The new trains help but its still an SLC. The vibrations were so intense. I could barely walk down the exit stairs.

GNE, road it Saturday, doesn't touch how bad hades 360 kills you.

An older style wooden coaster like Hades is not meant to do inversions like that so I'm not even going to bother riding it.

My worst experience with a coaster was when I went to SFGAm in May to ride X-Flight. The power in the park kept on shutting of and the ride kept on breaking down while it was hot 100*F day. I waited in the line for four hours before I got to go on and when I finally rode it it was a good ride but not worth the wait. I also had a similar experience when trying to ride the Incredible Hulk at IOA during spring break. I also waited for three hours to get on and it was 40*F and I was freezing because I had packed for warm weather like Florida typically has. That night I went back to the park with several layers of T-Shirts to go ride the Harry Potter dark ride.