TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The best WDW Value resort?

I recently won a four night stay at a WDW value resort. I plan on going January 10-14. Problem is I don't know which one to pick. I was hoping for some help. In all of your expert opinions should I stay at All-Star Sports, Music, Movies or should I stay at the Pop Century resort? If you could, please give me a reason why you are picking one resort over another. Thanks for your help!

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

None of 'em involve a monorail ride, so they all suck.

Okay, seriously though, any free stay on property is good. I guess I'd lean toward Pop century because of the minor reasons mentioned above. Other than that, they're all the same to me. Congrats, and enjoy the trip!

I can actually help you with this, since I have stayed at all of them except the All Star Music. The best of the bunch is the All Star Movies. Whatever you do don't stay in the All Star Sports it isn't a good situation. We actually had to be reassigned to a different hotel due to the abuse we took from a group of boys trying to find cheerleaders. We were up two nights in a row with calls asking if any girls were in our room. I actually had my wife act like a teenager and the boys showed up at the door at 2:30 in the mornig. I got them good!!!

The Movies is the best even though they are all just motel rooms. The pool is nice and the lights in the room look like popcorn boxes at night. Enjoy your stay and make sure to eat at Ohana's!

^ I have to disagree with your opinion.I have stayed at all the value resorts with my family and I believe the Pop Century is the best one.All of the resorts are so very similar besides the theming, that the only thing that really separates them is the bus service.The Movies,Sports and Music all shared the same bus route and that can really be a pain to deal with.As far as loud guests go,that could happen anywhere, but ask to stay away from the pool area.That reduces the problem.

None of 'em involve a monorail ride, so they all suck.

The monorail was a huge factor for us when we picked which resort we're staying at in January. We wound up going with Wilderness Lodge over Contemporary, but it was pretty close. It's pretty hard to beat that direct line to MK.

^ I have to disagree with your opinion.I have stayed at all the value resorts with my family and I believe the Pop Century is the best one.All of the resorts are so very similar besides the theming, that the only thing that really separates them is the bus service.The Movies,Sports and Music all shared the same bus route and that can really be a pain to deal with.As far as loud guests go,that could happen anywhere, but ask to stay away from the pool area.That reduces the problem.

We found the Pop Culture lacking the Disney feel. Though they have their own bus line it runs far less frequent than those of the All Star resorts. We had an average wait of over 20 minutes which we didn't have much more than an 8 to 10 minute wait with the All Stars. We also liked the pool, the themeing, and the food area better at Movies. Just my opinion, but to each their own. We had little ones when we use to stay in the value resorts and Pop Culture didn't interest them.

I have stayed at all of them with the exception of the Movies Resort. I tend to lean towards the All Star Sports because it is first on the bus route and I have never had any problems concerning the bus and I have stayed there countless times. Pop Century is new but on the down side, they do not have everything down pat and running smoothly IMO. Yes, there is one bus stop but EVERYBODY staying there is crowding you at the actual stop and my experience was that, coming and going, the bus took forever while we watched the All Star resort buses come and go we still waited and waited. It was crazy. Maybe things have or will smooth out but I will stay at the Sports resort over all of them because I have never had any issues there.

The rooms are all basically the same and as always clean and smell free which is why I love staying at Disney resorts.

^ The All Star music resort does have a pretty cool pool area, but of the bunch that resort would be last on my list. I've only stayed at the All Star Sports (2 stays plus other return pool visits) and it would probobly be my personal top choice.

It used to be that Sports was by far the top choice out of the All Star resorts, simply because it was first to have bus pick-ups and first to be dropped off. By the time the bus made it around to Music and especially Movies there were little to no spots left. I've heard that Movies now has it's own bus, but Music still shares with Sports. If that's the case then Movies would be a good option because that hotel is newer than the other 2 All Stars and has it's own dedicated bus just like Pop Century. If this bus split is not true then I wouldn't consider anything other than Sports out of those resorts. If you want to there's nothing stopping you from walking over and using the pool at the Music resort while staying at either the Sports or Movies.

Pop Century looks pretty neat and is the newest of all the value resorts. I haven't stayed there personally, but if the slow bus situation is true then again I would pick a different resort.

Hope that helps!

I've never stayed in any of them, but I did a lot of research when planning for where my wedding guests would stay. At that time with no Pop Century, All Star Movies was by far the best choice. STAY AWAY FROM SPORTS!!!!

Now I would go with either Pop Century or Movies.

All Star Movies is pretty good; although I treat hotel rooms as a place just to lay my head. My favorite part is getting breakfast... mmmm, pancakes! Kids can be noisy in the morning, especially when you're hung over!

One time a lady did get my blood pressure by trying to get in front of me in line, trying to act like she didn't see me... two can play that game... I acted like i didn't see her when I beaned her with my tray!

She got behind me.

Terry "Don't play with a black man with a hangover early in the morning" Weaver

^^^For what reason other than you don't like sports?

Me? I Love playing sports. If you mean All star sports, thats the worst, most tacky looking one.

I hate the cheap looking props and theme at all the value resorts. Pop I would consider the most tolerable.

They are just not what I consider as true Disney quality by any means.

Just one of those things. But hey for free who cares.

Another vote for Pop Century from a WDW Cast Member. Also, if possible, try to get a room AWAY from the pools if you like quiet. I think the pools stay open pretty late, and there is always a lot of noise around them.

The bus situation will be the same everywhere, but you are going on an off week. The next weekend is MLK day, and the resorts are packed then. As long as you get up early to catch an early bus, you shouldn't have too much trouble.

Enjoy!

WOW great advice everyone!! I'll definitely take your tip Elissa and NOT stay at Sports. I can't really say I have a problem with kids, but kids away together in big groups with drunken parents scares me. I used to be one of those kids away on hockey tournaments....we were not very respectful of others

The general consensus seems to be Pop Century. Being the newest of the resorts they probably tried to iron out any issues they found with the other resorts. I think I'll try to book Pop, if thats full then perhaps Music.

My nest question is.....I plan to go to to SeaWorld one of the days I am there, but hope to not rent a car. Any ideas on the best way to get from WDW to SeaWorld?