sandman

what park to choose?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. what park to choose?

• SF over Texas
    • SF Fiesta Texas
    • Seaworld Texas

Hey everyone!

This is my first post on TPR, but I'm a member for quite some time now. There was until now no need for me to start a topic, but here I am

I'm from the Netherlands and an aunt of mine is living in Texas. For the first time, I will visit her. But how about visiting more than family? Can you guys give me some advice on choosing between a visit to:

1. Sixflags Over Texas (Titan and more...)

2. Sixflags Fiesta Texas (Mwaaah: Superman Krypton Coaster!! )

3. Seaworld Texas

I will be visiting Texas from the 18th till the 27th of december. So i wanna plan one day visiting a park. What's the best choice? (Keep in mind, I'm going to texas with my grandma, visiting my aunt and uncle who have to kids in the age of 2 and 4. edit: not sure who of them will join me .)

Thnx!!

Gr.Niek[/i]

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would highly recomend Six Flags Over Texas.

I've been to all three parks and for thrills, scenery and history

Over Texas is the way to go. Also many more Kiddy and Flats were just added to SFOT so for a 2 and a 4 yearld they'll love it!

Titan, Shockwave and the new snow hill they just opened the kids would love that!. Plus Holiday in the park has great food and other things

Get yourself a Indian Taco yum. Also they keep most of the rides open in inclement weather. Last friday it was pouring rain out and Shockwave was open! I might come a show ya'll around. ( I know more then the Tour Guides!)

Send me a Pm if you have any questions

- David

All of those parks are very nice. I've been to all of them and had a lot of fun. I recommend either Six Flags Over Texas or Six Flags Fiesta Texas, depending on where your Aunt and Uncle live. If you're significantly closer to one of the parks, then I would suggest just going there, because both of the parks are great.

Six Flags Over Texas: Great coasters such as Mr. Freeze, Shockwave, Titan, and Batman. La Vibora, Judge Roy Scream, Texas Giant, and the mine train coasters are also a ton of fun. Over Texas had a lot of smaller rides everywhere. I don't ride many flat rides, so I can't give too much advice in that area. They have a decent sized kiddie area for your cousins.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: They also had a bunch of great coasters, but don't have as many as Over Texas. Superman Krypton Coaster is a great ride and is one of my favorite steel coasters. The park is well themed and has a lot of stuff to do.

Seaworld: Even though I would chose one of the other parks if I were to go back to Texas, I thought you might chose this park because of all the things there are to do for the entire family. This park is really cool even though there are only four coasters (three if you don't count water). Steel Eel is very good and has decent airtime. Great White is just like Batman at Over Texas. They also have a kiddie section that would be fun for your cousins. The shows are very good and are geared towards a family audience.

Seaworld and Fiesta Texas aren't that far away from each other, so if you wanted to you could probably talk your family into doing both parks if you had an interest.

hey!

Thnx for the advice and the short explanation of the differences between the parks. Both your posts and the results of the poll are very helpful, and it seems like it that I have to go to Sixflags Over Texas.

Thanks!

Niek.

The parks also have akwards hours (SFOT 4-10 before xmas and 12-6 after). Both parks close on Xmas and Xmas Eve.

Also don't forget many rides are closed and most at Fiesta Texas will be shut down:

SFOT Closed Rides:

Roaring Rapids

Log Flumes

Aquaman

Texas Chute Out

Batwing

Bumper Cars

Crazy Legs

Flashback

Texas Giant

Oil Derrick

Batman The Ride

Mr Freeze

SFFT OPEN Rides:

Tony Hawk

Crow's Nest Ferris Wheel

Scooby-Doo

SS Overboard

Wave Runner

Little Castaways

GoKarts

Frisbee

Kinderstein

Bugs White Water Rapids

Boomerang

Poltergeist

Motorama Turnpike

Hustler

Scream

Daffys School Bus Express

Tazs Tornado

Great coasters such as Mr. Freeze, Shockwave, Titan, and Batman. La Vibora, Judge Roy Scream, Texas Giant, and the mine train coasters are also a ton of fun. Over Texas had a lot of smaller rides everywhere. I don't ride many flat rides, so I can't give too much advice in that area. They have a decent sized kiddie area for your cousins. quote]

Freeze Batman Flashback and Texas Giant are Closed

hmm, so let me get this straight:

during the winter season, most of the rides in SFOT will be closed, including Mr. Freeze, Texas Giant, Flashback and Batman The Ride? That s*cks...

what remains in SFOT: Judge Roy Scream, La Vibora, Mine Train, Titan, Runaway Mountain and Shockwave? So they closed the best rides. That's kinda odd...

And am I right: is Superman Krypton Coaster in Fiesta Texas also closed??

'Cause the B&M's are what I was hoping for, but it looks like it that they are all closed...

This is all I could find on the Six Flags Fiest Texas site:

Enjoy a selection of your favorite rides and attractions, including Tony Hawk's Big Spin, Boomerang, Scooby-Doo Ghostblasters, Poltergeist and the S.S. Overboard.

Your best bet still might be Over Texas. If it were me, I'd probably go with Over Texas.