TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Theme parks in Google Earth

YAY! I had to delete the entire "My Places" folder in order to get rid of the white-out areas, but at least I can see the parks now!

Unfortunately, now all my little placeholders showing the world's themeparks are gone. Anyone know of a place where I can download a set?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no idea which version of Google Earth I have, but mine is not censored at all. There's a nice, clear view of Area 51 that I just looked at. Mine also has crystal clear views of parks from distances as close as less than 300 ft.

Area 51. No censorship here.

Geauga Lake before they sent in the bulldozers.

Vortex at CGA from 272 ft.

This is a really cool site:

http://www.flashearth.com/

It has Google Earth, Windows Virtual Earth, Yahoo Maps, Ask, and NASA terra, all in Flash.

This is quite cool, switching between different providers gives views taken at different times showing how parks have changed, ot at least Thorpe Park. I'd guess its the same for others.

www.flashearth.com/?lat=51.403719&lon=-0.514683&z=18.1&r=0&src=ggl

If you look between Google and Microsoft VE theres quite a difference. Oh and they caught the splash of tidal wave too on the Google one.

• 4 months later...
This is a really cool site:

http://www.flashearth.com/

It has Google Earth, Windows Virtual Earth, Yahoo Maps, Ask, and NASA terra, all in Flash.

This is quite cool, switching between different providers gives views taken at different times showing how parks have changed, ot at least Thorpe Park. I'd guess its the same for others.

www.flashearth.com/?lat=51.403719&lon=-0.514683&z=18.1&r=0&src=ggl

If you look between Google and Microsoft VE theres quite a difference. Oh and they caught the splash of tidal wave too on the Google one.

For those interested, Thorpe Park at the moment has jumped into the time machine on Google Earth. The park is at the turning point. The Wicked Witch's haunt has just been bulldozed and a very fairground looking Zodiac is sitting next to the dome.

It's weird how one day Google Earth will be the correct year and the next day it won't be

Keep in mind that you can look up people's addresses, too. I pulled up a picture of my mom's house (and my own) that were a bit close for comfort.

But it is fun looking up parks, former places of employment, etc.

Eric

Don't know why people are bothered by this sort of thing. Honestly that is what addresses are there for. It doesn't take much longer to find a house using a good old map and some common sense. Besides just think of the convenience and all the positives that come along with the potential negatives.