TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nürburgring launched coaster

The press office confirmed that the ride will not open again until the 15th August. They did a few slow speed runs at the weekend for PR purposes and have now shut the coaster.

What seems odd is one of the S&S Power head honchos said they had signed off the ride and handed it to the park as being fully tested and running perfectly. So why did the park only do low speed runs at the weekend?

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, that`s a VERY good question...

I mean, they even let M. Schumacher test the ride with a reduced speed. And of course he was giving interviews after that talking about the force of the ride...

Pointless...hmmm ???

GeorgeT

Brrrrrrzzzzzschhhhhhhttttttooooooooooommmmmmmmm !!!

(Sorry, just wanted to add some text, that fits to the post above. Cause I was missing it so badly... )

George "what a long straight piece of track for such a "slow speed" T.

So...are we looking at a final ride experience of the first few testing videos where the train just rips around the big curve (limited braking), or will they apply brakes before the curve (once the launch is at full speed) to somewhere more like where it operated for the media? Anyone know for sure?

there are a press report that they have technical problems with pneumatic launch device, so they had to repair it, the newsletter from Presseinformation der Nürburgring GmbH translated with google:

"Test rides of the racers ° ring interrupted

Dear journalists, editorial teams and colleagues,

the ring ° racer after its successful maiden voyage to the Formula 1 future, the fastest roller coaster in the world and in terms of acceleration and top speed. In cooperation with TÜV are therefore currently test drives to reach the final instead.

As part of today's tests is a technical defect in the pneumatic firing mechanism has occurred. The resulting blast was triggered around the Nürburgring clearly perceive. The car of the ring ° racers are undamaged. On the launcher now need further testing before repairs are carried out, whose exact duration is still unclear is. Thereafter, the test resumed.

The ring ° factory opened on 15th August together with the DTM motorsport highlight."

by the way there is a new video on youtube, with really nice expressions of the ride (indoor and outdoor):

• 2 weeks later...

^ no that is not sure if the ring racer opens on that date.... they just said that the "ringwerk"Park will be opened. So that means that the other rides will be opened for sure. But since the technical problems nothing were told about the coaster, they just said that they can`t say how long it will take to repair the problem and that it will be opened when it is ready. So i would suggest you to wait a few days to get sure that the coaster will be opened when you arrive there.

EDIT: Ok, now its official, that it will NOT BE OPENED ON 15th of August.

They said in a press article that they need more weeks for repairs and testing and can`t say when it will finally been opened.

Source: http://rhein-zeitung.de/on/09/07/30/rlp/t/rzo597996.html

• 4 weeks later...

Bad news - I emailed to ask whether Ring Racer is likely to be open when I'm nearby...

Vielen Dank für Ihre Anfrage.

Leider müssen wir Ihnen mitteilen, dass zu dem von Ihnen genannten Datum der ring°racer leider noch nicht betriebsbereit sein wird.

Da müssen Sie sich noch bis voraussichtlich Ende September gedulden.

Wir freuen uns auf Ihren Besuch und verbleiben

In short... it won't be. They are expecting it to open some time around the end of September.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Ring Racer exploded again on Thursday! And not just a little explosion - one large enough to blow windows at the press centre, not to mention the ride's drive mechanism. Nobody was injured.

It was all over the local news in Germany whilst I was in the region, and also here:

An article here in German with a couple of pictures

I wonder if it will ever actually take the 'world's fastest' record before the F1 coaster at the Ferrari Experience opens in 2010!

Holy smokes, that looks like a pretty serious issue. I don't get it though, this isn't their first thrust air coaster so why all of the problems all of the sudden? I understand that it is arguably more technologically advance with the additional speed, but this kind of error is a little over the top to me.

When they say explosion, what exactly do they mean? I can't read the article, but I guess I can assume one of the air cylinders popped or something.

Holy smokes, that looks like a pretty serious issue. I don't get it though, this isn't their first thrust air coaster so why all of the problems all of the sudden? I understand that it is arguably more technologically advance with the additional speed, but this kind of error is a little over the top to me.

When they say explosion, what exactly do they mean? I can't read the article, but I guess I can assume one of the air cylinders popped or something.

I would guess that one maybe literally exploded? lol