TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nürburgring launched coaster

^Yes, but don't you think that that's what the point of the turns is? An F1 driver can experience as much as 5 G's in a turn. This "coaster" is designed to provide it's riders with the same experience an F1 driver has. Granted these won't be 5 G lateral turns, their intent is to show what an F1 driver goes through.

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the launch is seriously more powerful than Dodonpa's I'm concerned. I really felt (along with others) that Dodonpa's launch really pushed the limits of what is comfortable and safe for the human body.

It felt like getting the wind knocked out of you.

^

Although I'm concerned too I'm very eager to ride it.

There's the Formula 1 GP this weekend. We'll probably see more videos soon.

F1gp is next week. So we will see another week of testing and assumably they will get it ready for next weekend.

-----Hans

If the launch is seriously more powerful than Dodonpa's I'm concerned. I really felt (along with others) that Dodonpa's launch really pushed the limits of what is comfortable and safe for the human body.

It felt like getting the wind knocked out of you.

I'm pretty sure that I have read somewhere that S&S were forced to reduce the intensity of the launch, due to German safety regulations. So instead of a 2.67 g's (calculated) acceleration force on Dodonpa, then this will "only" have a maximum force of 2.5 g's.

I have no problem with this ride launching into brakes, if they are trying to simulate an F1 ride, no F1 car will ever go into a tight turn at full speed, so breaking is part of the experience

Between the Station and the launch there are some tight slow speed turns that should simulate the tire warming before the start...

rcdb.

ring°racer

Pretpark: Nürburgring (Nürburg, Rhineland-Palatinate Germany)

Classification: Achtbaan

Type: Staal - Sit Down

Merk / Model: S&S Power / Thrust Air Coaster

Lift/Lanceersysteem: Lancering met gecompresseerde lucht

Capaciteit: 400 Personen per uur

Inversies: 0

Snelheid: 217 km/u

Max. Versnelling: 0 − 217 km/u in 2.5 seconds

Treinen: 2 trains with 2 cars per train. Riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows for a total of 8 riders per train.

217 km/u=60.3 m/s

60.3/2.5=24.12m/ss

24.12/9.81=2.458G

so the launch is 2,45G

I found it pretty interesting that the company listed is 'S&S Power,' not 'S&S-Arrow.' I wonder if that's because the Thrust Air Coaster is their design?

And 400 people per hour? Yikes...

As far as I know, they've only used the "S&S-Arrow" name on the two 4D coasters, since that was an Arrow design that S&S picked up.

Thanks for the clarification, glad they realized that Dodonpa's Launch is the limit and should not be broken!

As for the capacity, I really wouldn't worry to much. It's not like this ride is in a major park or anything. It also seems to be very much a spectator ride that will only get super busy on race days or events.

^ But even if this launch is "weaker" then Dodonpa, it's still 40 % longer in comparison which will probably make it pretty similar in intensity as Dodonpa.

Too bad that they hadn't got it running when we passed by it...

Most likely, if a family that enjoys F1 racing visits the ring and they get a chance to ride a coaster based off of F1 racing, they won't mind or care that the ride is quite short. It just adds to experience.

I think the ride looks cool. Not an amazing ride, but definitely something I would like to try.