TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nürburgring launched coaster

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since most of the ride are two parallel straights then it wouldn't be to hard to lob of a few (read many) meters if necessary to fir the ride in a smaller space.

So there is chance that some place might get it, since they were talking about a place down the road, then what parks are situated in such fashion, Phantasialand, Klotten??

I feel like it's kind of silly if they are really going to relocate it. To actually remove it when it is that integrated into the buildings just seems stupid.

The ride itself looks totally boring, but the interaction it has with the buildings and the track make it something that I'd love to ride and see. Oh well.

apparently the march opening is not set in stone at this time due to the recent events..

Word is they are looking at a mid april opening at this time.

Before visiting, make sure the park/ride is open

Generally I think the ride is "burnt" in Germany so I would be surprised if a major park nearby would get it. If at all Skyline Park would come to mind as they have bought some used rides in the past - but do not know if they have the space to built it.

Maybe some other racetrack want it? Hello Sochi???

so yeah..

Looks like the ride won't open again.

Thank you for your email and your interest in Nürburgring.

Regarding your request about the ring°racer please find below a statement:

Seller and buyer have agreed, that the ring°racer won’t start running again.

This decision has been made due to the not given economic viability of the ring°racer.

For further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

That's it for Ring Racer I guess

Well they won't be hosting the F1 Grand Prix of Germany this year as they switch of yearly between the Nürburgring and the Hockenheimring. Hopefully it will be unistalled by next season and it's great to see the track under new ownership!

I could imagine S&S are pretty angry right now. "what? you made us spend 4 years trying to get this thing to work, which you then open for about a week just to scrap it!"

I don't think you understand. S&S, from what I have been told, have actually not been part of this project for a very long time. I was under the impression that the last two years it was taken over by another company, an independent engineering firm to complete it.

I might be wrong, but when we were recently at S&S they told us they had nothing to do with that project anymore.

I could imagine S&S are pretty angry right now. "what? you made us spend 4 years trying to get this thing to work, which you then open for about a week just to scrap it!"

I don't think you understand. S&S, from what I have been told, have actually not been part of this project for a very long time. I was under the impression that the last two years it was taken over by another company, an independent engineering firm to complete it.

I might be wrong, but when we were recently at S&S they told us they had nothing to do with that project anymore.

I wasn't sure the situation with the coaster, I didn't really know if the manufacturer was still working on the coaster during them 4 years or if it was given to someone else. I guessed S&S since they were manufacturer, and I thought I would be closer to being correct than incorrect.

Basically, just replace S&S in my old post with whoever was working on it.

They should've just taken Ferrari World's approach and gotten Intamin to build it. Sad to see the coaster go but glad they aren't wasting any more money on it. Hopefully they'll bring the track back to its former glory.