TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nürburgring launched coaster

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does LA Times know it, when there is no information in a german press.

It would be a dream come true if this "thing" would really open this year.

But to be honest, I can't believe it. I mean, how long are we waiting for this opening? It feels like 100 years.

Best regards from Germany...

• 2 weeks later...

^i could sort of see some reasoning behind that but I can also see that losing them serious money. It would make sense to me to open it before and after practise, qualifying and the race itself and just close it during the times when you have cars on track. I would love to see an F1 car and the coaster running side by side though. What a great shot that would be.

-Craig

Und wie steht es mit dem Ring-Racer, der zur Formel 1 wieder nicht an der Start gehen konnte?

Der Coaster läuft. Er läuft sogar sehr gut. Alle TüV-Abnahmen wurden mit Bravour bestanden. Wir erwarten eine Genehmigung der Kreisverwaltung Ahrweiler. Vielleicht gibt es noch die ein oder andere zusätzliche Auflage, das werden wir sehen. Der Coaster ist betriebsbereit und geht auch in Betrieb.

Source: http://www.rhein-zeitung.de/region_artikel,-Sanierer-Am-Nuerburgring-ist-nichts-ueberdimensioniert-_arid,1008580.html

In English it means, that the coaster works! The coaster has passed all the tests the Technical Inspection Agency (TÜV) did and ''Nürburgring'' is waiting for the OK of the village ''Ahrweiler''. They maybe have to fulfill another test, but that hasn't been sure yet!

Let's hope that this credit will open soon!

I was there last weekend during the F1 event. No sign of RingRacer running though but I heard from an empolyee of Eifeldorf that it failed a test the week before. Hope it will be up and running the first weekend of september.

---Hans

• 1 month later...