TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coasters in the RAW - A new TPR DVD!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have received the dvd today and I have just finished to see it. I'm come from France and I waited since 1 week and it finally arrived.

It was beautiful , great footage and i love particulary the bonus track

Thank you to TPR especially Robb and Elissa and I will waiting the other volume impatiently

Gaël

...I'm not into "coaster footage" videos. But I figured "Ok, if I'm going to make one, I'm going to make one that I'd at least watch!"

It's OK Robb, your "Go For A Ride" video fetish is safe with me - Ooops! 8¬)

I have a large collection of officially-released coaster and park films that I have aquired over the years, so I have seen many programmes ranging from good to terrible.

I thought Coasters in the Raw was superb, the only thing that disappointed me was the onride footage of The Voyage - the film is too dark. I understand that Health & Safety issues are paramount at every park; however, Holiday World should have considered letting Robb erect his camera for a better recording. Robb could then provide the park with the improved footage, so everybody wins!

Simon Baynham (UK)

Hey everyone!

This is just a reminder that if you want to get some Theme Park Review stuff before Christmas, your order needs to be placed and paid for by TODAY! (Well, really tomorrow, December 11th, but today would be nice too!)

Place your order here:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/

Any orders placed after December 11th will not be shipped until January 6th, 2008 as the TPR Store will be "on vacation" for Christmas!

Remember our new DVD releases:

- Roller Coasters in the Raw Volume 1.

- What's in a Brain?

- Coaster Expedition Volume 8

We also have TPR hoodies and Robby Robb T-Shirts back in stock!

Your order from the TPR Store helps keep Theme Park Review AD FREE!

Thanks again for your continued support!

--Robb Alvey

www.themeparkreview.com

• 4 weeks later...

Time to unstick this. If you haven't ordered your copy of Roller Coasters in the Raw yet, do it now while it's still only $10!

Just click the link for the store!

(Note - the TPR store will start shipping DVDs again on Monday!)

--Robb

• 9 months later...

^ Will it be called Raw 2: Electric Boogaloo?

Ok, that wasn't funny. I thoroughly enjoyed Raw volume 1, so I'm looking forward to volume 2. I've always been one of those "coaster footage" geeks, except I don't sit there and act like I'm on the ride...

Really... I don't... ok, maybe I did just once, for fun...

Here's a little secret for you guys...well, I guess it's not really a secret since I'm posting on a public forum....

Raw 2 will be more "current" wood and steel coasters...I won't go into exactly which ones, but Fahrenheit, T-Express, Ravine Flyer II, Led Zeppelin, Mystery Mine, Thunderhead, Dive Coaster, Kawasemi, Dominator, Coney Island Cyclone, just to name a few...will be included!

Raw 3, which I'm planning to have releaesd just after the new year (Feb/March) will be all "defunct" coasters including Hercules, Texas Cyclone, Southport Cyclone, William's Grove Cyclone. Psyclone (wow, that's a lot of Cyclones that have been lost), Myrtle Beach Hurricane, Hayabusa, The Bullet, Windjammer, Cop Car Chase, Viper, Speed: The Ride just to name a few!

In January I will put an official email out to everyone looking for any footage they may have of defunct coasters to add to that collection! Old B-Roll from parks is also helpful if you happen to have an old press kit or historic footage. (If you happen to have any of this, email me!)

Anyway, that's kind of the plan for Raw over the next 6 months! I hope you guys are excited about this project as I am!

--Robb