TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ 1 FPS, wow my iBook kick your computers a$$.

My main computer gets to about 25-30 FPS at the lowest, and it's not a serious gaming system.

Try and reduce the amount of eye candy and lower resolution to increase FPS.

What graphics card do you use? I haven't ridden the coaster (Thank you for the video!) sheerly because I know I will get a framerate of about 2-6 FPS.

But either way, from what I saw in the vid, the ride was absolutely flawless!

^ At what resolution?

I run a:

AMDX2 4400+

2GB RAM

Geforce 7600GT

Running a 1920x1200 monitor at native resolution.

That explains it. You have a dual core processor, double the RAM that I do, and a (very) superior graphics card. It also may have to do with my need to run every setting at maximum on a 1024x768 resolution. But even with my settings turned down, I still don't get good framerates on the steel coasters. Oh well, I've had plans to upgrade this old E-Machine once I get a freaking job. Better graphics card, more RAM (3-4 gigs, if this thing can handle it) and and a GeForce (model: TBD) graphics card.

Mine is set to 800x600

And every thing is set on normal and but "Texture detail level" is set to high.

i dont know what processor i have.

Its a mac; thats all I know. Haha

Those commercials are true. They are faster and easier than a pc. Because when I first got it and turned it on. it was all like "Blablabbinggg!" then it just installed everything itself in a matter of seconds then I started playing around with it after-wards.

That explains it. You have a dual core processor, double the RAM that I do, and a (very) superior graphics card. It also may have to do with my need to run every setting at maximum on a 1024x768 resolution. But even with my settings turned down, I still don't get good framerates on the steel coasters. Oh well, I've had plans to upgrade this old E-Machine once I get a freaking job. Better graphics card, more RAM (3-4 gigs, if this thing can handle it) and and a GeForce (model: TBD) graphics card.
The Dual Core CPU don't do anything for the FPS, since NL only can use one of the cores. But running all on high will kill more or less your frame rate if your computer can't handle it.

Mine is set to 800x600
Well that's the reason. I also get those kind of frame rates on my computer at that resolution.

^ You have to make sure you ride it in the track default, which can be changed by pressing esc (while in the simulation) and then going to the environment tab.

This ride is so amazing... Everything was taken into detail, especially the surrounding area and the various other rides and attractions. The ride was really smooth, and the queue created a unique way to interact with the caster, and not be as bored. The idea to use elevators was interesting, and really fit the theme of the ride. I especially liked the poster for the ice house... lol.

Anyways its the little details that got me really excited about the ride. I mean you took in the transfer track into consideration, and made the queue interesting. You even created a special area, almost like a lounge area where photos of tesla were hung. Every ride not only had a well drawn out queue, but featured unique theming, exit signs, ride op panels, and interacted with the coaster.

This is an incredible all-in-one package. I can't wait to see more of your work.

^ Just set it to track default and it should be alright.

Thanks goes the the rest of you.

And ComplexAudio99 the text on the ice house sign came to me as a spur of the moment, and it cracked me up so I decided to add it to the sign.

I loved all the 3D's in your ride. It made it seem more like a section of an amusement park than just a singular ride.

Also, I was wondering how you made or where you found the texture for the smoke/fog 3D's in the ride. On one of my rides for no limits I've wanted to add fog, but couldn't find where to get a fog texture or how to make one. If you could point me in the right direction, that would be great. Thank you and great ride!

This is by far the best No Limits coaster, or a coaster from any other game, that I have seen. All of the details are absolutely incredible. Heck, the ride itself would be fun and thrilling even without all the scenery and theming.

Also, I was wondering how you made or where you found the texture for the smoke/fog 3D's in the ride. On one of my rides for no limits I've wanted to add fog, but couldn't find where to get a fog texture or how to make one. If you could point me in the right direction, that would be great. Thank you and great ride!

I don't know where he got his textures from but you can find good ones all over the internet (try filterforge.com), anything white-ish will do for fog.

I think I used a random grey texture, and just reduced the opacity to a value so that it got a bit see-through.

And thanks to all of you.