TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Thanksgiving Plans?

SharkTums

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are just staying in town, visiting relatives. We hosted Christmas at our house last year, so we are out of the holiday rotation this year. (yay!) All we are doing for Thanksgiving is cooking a side dish and showing up.

We moved away from family right after college, and have only been 'home' for about 2 years. It is SO nice to not have to travel over the holidays.

Can't wait - Universal Orlando for Thanksgiving with my boyfriend (generaleclectic) and meeting up with the "0rder of the Turkey" - otherwise known as Scott, Jenn, Terrance, Kimby, Jacob and I think Michael and his boyfriend. All people that I met on the Mid-West trip this past summer.

Can't wait to see y'all again!!

Boy is Eli's sister pissed

We rotate house for each of the holidays. My in-laws get Thanksgiving, we get Christmas, and my parents take Easter.

So Thursday we take the mammoth three minute drive southwest to the in-laws. I will stuffing myself for the last time. Then I'm shedding this winter weight I've already put on.

I'll be doing charity work this year. Then when that's finished, have some cocktails at the bar, go home, and have a Lean Cuisine Turkey Medallions with stuffing and baked apples.

Unless, of course, someone starts buying me more drinks at the bar. LOL

I'll be doing charity work this year. Then when that's finished, have some cocktails at the bar, go home, and have a Lean Cuisine Turkey Medallions with stuffing and baked apples.

Unless, of course, someone starts buying me more drinks at the bar. LOL

Which organization are you volunteering for in Fort Lauderdale? I'll be volunteering for Care Resource @ Steel tonight and Uncle's tomorrow.

Terry

I'm working on thanksgiving and black friday. It's not a paid holiday for me, and I need the cash, therefore I work.

Just curious, where do you work that you have to work Thanksgiving? In a restaurant?

As for us, I'll just be at home with family--nothing too big!

I had off today(took a personal day) and I have off Thursday and Friday(Paid holidays for us UPSers! ) I just finished preparing dinner for turkey day for 35 people this year. I think that is how many people are coming this year each day the list gets bigger and bigger. Don't worry though, I have help from everyone in the family. I do the turkey, stuffing, corn and gravy and then everyone else in my family brings something like someone makes a ham, the mashed potatoes, a piece of pork, chicken, dessert,soda, etc etc,etc., so it is not a huge deal. I have a big family and we all live close by to one another so it is easy for us. If anyone needs a place to eat on Thanksgiving just let me know and you are more than welcome to come to my house. Happy Holidays to everyone at TPR!

I'm taking a much needed day off, since late August the only other 2 days I have had off were Labor Day and the last Sunday in October. I'm hopefully going to open my Wii that I got 2 months ago for my birthday but haven't had the time to try and then have dinner with my family

I'm working on thanksgiving and black friday. It's not a paid holiday for me, and I need the cash, therefore I work.

Just curious, where do you work that you have to work Thanksgiving? In a restaurant?

As for us, I'll just be at home with family--nothing too big!

I don't HAVE to work. We get today and tomorrow off. I work in an office. However, were I to not work, I would not get paid. I am trying to save up for a new car. Therefore, I'm going in for a few hours today and tomorrow.