TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photos of "Construction" at SFMM.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I looked at it the other day. To be honest, I have mixed feelings: Part of me says "World's fasterst tallest flowerpot" while the other thinks "Possibly the tallest coaster." I remember Screamscape mentioning something a while back using part of S:TE's structure for this. *Prepares himself for popup/ad loaded site to find info* Well, they happened to take that part of the info off but something was mentioned about S:TE's tower. Hopefully, CA gets the new tallest coaster and hopefully it's not a "Kingda Klone Dragster."

^^The S:TE debate is almost like a completely ramdom rumor someone craeted or was it? I have high hopes and I have a "Hunch" that we will be seeing a new coaster at the mountain soon which will be amazing to see how well it will interact with the surrounding invironment and that's if this rumor is indded true for a new coaster. From the looks of it, I am almost positive now

Wes...I like you and everything, but I'd rather have a rocket coaster that works 20% of the time than another 'standard' B&M flyer that works 95% of the time.

That being said if they were going to get some like 400ft tall flyer with 19 inversions...that might be a bit more interesting but still...I think I almost prefer the Vekoma flyers to the B&M's (I know, kick me out of the club now!)

In other news, I believe I heard (from someone ) that there are footers in one of the overflow parking lots. Anyone seen these?

As for the coaster going over in that garden area...I'd be surprised...but I think plesantly surprised! Maybe since they lost a good deal of parking to the Santa Clarita river during the January rains they had no choice but to actually build a ride IN the park!

Elissa "not holding my breath for anything decent" Alvey

Purhaps they are clearing land so they can make the tower collapse! Knowing SFMM they will get us all hyped up about something and tell us "We are planning on the expansion of the Laughing Dragon pizza co.!"

Michael" Why is the tower closed again? Someone lost the key maybe?"Thomas

Wes...I like you and everything, but I'd rather have a rocket coaster that works 20% of the time than another 'standard' B&M flyer that works 95% of the time.

That being said if they were going to get some like 400ft tall flyer with 19 inversions...that might be a bit more interesting but still...I think I almost prefer the Vekoma flyers to the B&M's (I know, kick me out of the club now!)

In other news, I believe I heard (from someone ) that there are footers in one of the overflow parking lots. Anyone seen these?

As for the coaster going over in that garden area...I'd be surprised...but I think plesantly surprised! Maybe since they lost a good deal of parking to the Santa Clarita river during the January rains they had no choice but to actually build a ride IN the park!

Elissa "not holding my breath for anything decent" Alvey

I also prefer the Vekoma flyers. Those are the only Vekoma Coasters that I like, a lot.

Maybe they'll build the tallest flyer in the world. Their premier East Coast park already has the tallest strata coaster, so a huge flyer with, perhaps a 275+ ft drop would be nice. Maybe a bit unrealistic, but it would be nice.

I think I almost prefer the Vekoma flyers to the B&M's (I know, kick me out of the club now!)

Ouch. Well, I agree with MOST of what Elissa says.

Wouldn't be a Six Flags coaster if it wasn't at least partially built over a parking lot.

// doesn't want another rocket ... unless it is actually interesting

I agree with Elissa about the rockets. Gimme a rocket 150 feet tall that runs even 15% (doing her one better) of the time instead of SUF. I don't care to ride that ever again, and it's not painful... just boring as hell after the pretzel.

If they are gonna build a Kingda Ka clone, they need to make it unique and somewhat different from the SfGadv version. IMO, I'd rather see it go to SFoT. I've heard it might go there.

If you're sig's forcast stays correct for the next couple of years, I don't think anymore strata coasters should be built until the reliabilty issues are fixed.

With that said, there doesn't need to be anymore TTD clones right now.

What I want more than anything at SFMM is a decent flat ride! They don't have One flat ride! I would like to see a Frisbee there really badly.

Or replace Psyclone or Collosus with actually a good woodie. I also say that Flashback has got to go.

Kevin"Flashback is just hogging space"Bujold

I agree with Elissa about the rockets. Gimme a rocket 150 feet tall that runs even 15% (doing her one better) of the time instead of SUF. I don't care to ride that ever again, and it's not painful... just boring as hell after the pretzel.

From what ive been told it will be a custom so wont be like SUF.

Correction to my previous post...I meant supports, not footers.

Ted, to try and gain some of my respect back how about this: I'd prefer a B&M flyer train on the Vekoma track layout!

Elissa "damn flyers!" Alvey

So if MM gets a new coaster doesnt this mean CP will also be building soon?.. :shock: .. because wouldnt that put Magic Mountain ahead with the number of coasters?..

Technically yes, but I would go on Operating coasters, where CP has the lead hands down since all 16 there work.

Homey G wrote:

I agree. I really liked AIR, so I gave SFoG's a spin, and it was horrible! Went to GADV and skipped that SUF. I'm going to SFGAM in July, and I plan on skipping their SUF too. Even if it's a walkon, why waste my time when I could be riding Viper or whatever.

"Credits?! I don't need no stinkin' credits!!"

Seriously, I would take Batwing ANY day over SUF. I think the Vekoma Flyer layouts are magnificent.

-kip-

How can you like Air, but hate SUF? The only difference between them is that Air floats around forceless the whole ride while SUF has a forceful Pretzal Loop and then floats around forceless.

Kevin"I'd say SUF is better than Air"Bujold

How can you like Air, but hate SUF? The only difference between them is that Air floats around forceless the whole ride while SUF has a forceful Pretzal Loop and then floats around forceless.

Kevin"I'd say SUF is better than Air"Bujold

Homey G wrote:

I agree. I really liked AIR, so I gave SFoG's a spin, and it was horrible! Went to GADV and skipped that SUF. I'm going to SFGAM in July, and I plan on skipping their SUF too. Even if it's a walkon, why waste my time when I could be riding Viper or whatever.

"Credits?! I don't need no stinkin' credits!!"

Seriously, I would take Batwing ANY day over SUF. I think the Vekoma Flyer layouts are magnificent.

-kip-

Seriously, how is that even possible? I mean, AIR is like...crap compared to S:UF. Atleast thats what i've come to realize after looking at hundreds of pictures and watching a few POV's. Whatever.