TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed.

^Holy crap! My hubby would have lost it if he was awake. He DOES NOT take to dentists or anything having to due with blood very well due to some traumatic episodes as a young child.

Yeah, I've always had a really high pain threshold. Stuff like that doesn't really bother me.

Actually, I think I found getting regular teeth pulled to be worse. (the needle through the roof of your mouth is KILLEr).

I was fully awake for the wisdom teeth, but I was still drugged up really good. Anything less then that would be torture.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I was awake as well when I had my 2 top molars removed. The only thing that got to me was the crunching sound it made when they were twisting it. No pain though, just a lot of pressure and a few cups of blood/saliva mix throughout the day.

^^ The needle in the roof of the mouth feels so awkward. I think my dentist didn't insert it properly once and the taste was horrible.

My recovery though really wasn't too painful at all oddly enough.

I was awake when I had mine out too, and even with problems with the teeth, the recovery wasn't bad either. I was only really sore for a couple days and I didn't swell up much at all. My dentist told me that when you're asleep they don't have to be as 'gentle' so you tend to have a harder recovery. He could've just been trying to get me to agree to him doing the procedure, but it makes sense. If you're awake, you wont tolerate them climbing on top of you and yanking those suckers out

^^ The needle in the roof of the mouth feels so awkward. I think my dentist didn't insert it properly once and the taste was horrible.

I don't think "awkward" is the word I'd use to describe a needle crunching through cartilage in the roof of your mouth.

^ That does make sense. I can just imagine what the doctors did to my arm to re-locate my collar bone after I dislocated it.

I remember having my wisdom teeth out a few years ago. I had just gotten home from park hopping for a week when I found out I was having them pulled the next morning. Needless to say, the anesthesia messed me up quite good, I don't remember anything until the next day. But supposedly I tried to make out with the surgeon's assistant (don't know the official job title).

That wasn't as bad as some of the other oral surgeries I've had, however. I had three teeth broken into pieces so they could pull them, numerous root canals, and I was in orthodontics for over 10 years. Needless to say, I've had my fair share of work done to my mouth.

I've had one molar removed, and it was a b*tch! I got a novocaine shot on the roof of my mouth, but it wore off halfway through, causing me to utter some really interesting noises. so I got another shot, this one in the ridge of my jaw, which you can feel right behind your molar. guessing from my reaction to that removal, wisdom teeth will be hell on earth for me.

the only good part about wisdom teeth that I can see is being so stoned off your ass that you can just go home and crash out for 24 hours.

^ They don't give you the shot in the roof of your mouth for wisdom teeth. So it's not quite the same.

If they go the anaesthesia route you'll be knocked clean out. When I was knocked out for my collar bone I didn't even realize I had been knocked out. I blinked and 15 minutes had passed.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I swim (obviously) and when I got mine out I had to stay out for a couple of days, but I could work out on dry land pretty much after the drugs wore off. I had all four of my teeth out when I was in high school and three of the four of them were pretty much painless, they were healed within 24 hours. The fourth tooth kept bleeding for a while. I don't remember exactly how long, but maybe a little less than a week. I had to keep medicated gauze in my mouth and they were worried about me getting a dry socket which is apparently pretty painful.

^^ They put me under when I had mine out, apparently I came to way sooner than expected and was pretty messed up. I was very talkative which is not like me and reportedly was flirting with one of the nurses.

I'm on the meds right now so I'm pretty good.

Here's a recap of todays events thanks to Microsoft Paint!

I woke up and took a happy pill because I was a little anxious about the I.V. due to a previous incedent. It was great!

I got to go to be in the Disney themepark room! There were hats and gifts from Tokyo Disneyland, Disney World, and I think Paris.

The lady that put the I.V. was really nice. I go, "is that all". Apparently it didn't work because when I woke up I had a bandaid on my arm.

I don't even remember closing my eyes. All I remember then is going home (barely).

It took my dad, my mom, and the nurse to get me to the truck.

I don't remember the ride home at all.

Vicodin is a good thing when used when necessary!

It was bad, but not as bad as I thought it would be after hearing mostly horror stories.