TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

I'm getting my wisdom teeth removed.

I'm only 13 years old and I might have to have 1 of my wisdom teeth pulled. I'll be going to SFGam soon I'll tell that red-neck surgeon there's no way in hello you'll be keeping me from riding the coasters. (With the stitches)

Has anybody had it done before. Does it hurt. Do you bleed alot afterwards(The taste of blood makes me sick). And how delusional are you afterwards? Thanks in advance!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was 12 I had my back molers removed. The IV hurts like hell! But after that I was knocked out. So no it didn't hurt at all when they were doing the actual removing procedure. It took close to 4 months for them to stop bleeding completly. It wasn't really bloody unless you took a peice of tissue and pushed on it.

Michael "look out for that evil IV!"Thomas

I had four impacted wisdom teeth removed years ago. I was knocked out for the surgery, so obviously I don't remember that part. Afterwards, once I could take all the gauze out of my mouth (that crap tastes awful!), there was a little swelling, but the pain really wasn't all that bad. Everyone has a different reaction, but it's pretty common surgery and you'll likely have no problems, as long as you follow the doctor's instructions and take any medications they give you...

dt

Haha, Coasterdude5, I have to get all 4 of mine taken out near the same time as you, from what I hear they give you laughing gas, then give the shots to knock you out, and you want even know it. After that I believe they give you a saltwater solution to clean the wounds out with. All the people I know that have already had it say it doesn't hurt bad at all, and all are able to eat fine after the operation.

I had all my wisdom teeth taken out last summer or something i think. I can tolerate a lot, so I don't know if my words mean anything.

What they did to me is game me an IV. The IV didn't hurt at all, but thats proabably because I'm used to shots and they dont bother me that much. after that you wake up and it's over. They say that everyone goes home and passes out, but when I got home I watched a movie. Your mouth will ache a bit but it's not at all intolerable. I was given a bottle of Vicodin, but I didn't take any of it. I don't think it will be that bad with just one tooth, they might not even put you under acuatly. Your supposed to swish around a lot of salt water in you mouth to make it heal faster and to get rid of blood n stuff. Also you cant eat solid foods, and I couldnt even really open my mouth all that well.

Anyway, I wouldn't ride a coaster untill after you get your stitches out about 1-2 weeks after. They will proably say not to, but whatever. I've ridden coasters at Knott's with a brocken arm and I didn't have any trouble with that, and a little cut in you mouth I don't think would be a big deal.

I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed back in 1996. It's not a big deal. You're just not as wise when it's over!

Fortunately, I got to keep 'em. They're in a little jar somewhere in my nightstand.

Eric

They said it was ileagal to give someone under the age of 13 any type of gas. I'm not sure how true that is. I would have greatly prefered the gas.

Michael" Just thinking about that IV makes me cover my forearms!"Thomas

Talking about the IV again. When I was like 10 or so I had to get an IV for something. They weigh you and take you height n stuff to make sure they give you the right ammount.

They did that and when they gave me the IV it only knocked me out for 5 mins. The IV was in me, still going into me and I woke up.

When I had mine out, they gave me the option of either IV or plenty of painkillers. I had the IV, and ended up eating soup for a few days. I have found, however, that it's difficult to go to the bathroom for a day or two after (no, the other one)

As for riding coasters, check with your dentist first.

I had one wisdom tooth removed a couple of months ago and the experience wasn't that bad. I was awake thru the procedure, and after they shoot you up with nova cane the only thing you feel during the procedure is pressure. (from moving the tooth back and forth)

The oral surgeon told me that two things can happen when they extract the tooth, 1) the tooth just pops out (good), 2) the tooth breaks apart (bad), because if the tooth breaks apart they have to remove the remaining shards of tooth piece by piece, and of course if your awake during the procedure I'm sure that's a gut-wrenching cracking sound ringing in your ears!!!

But don't stress, your young so your tooth will likely just pop out, usually older people or those with Extra Nasty teeth are the ones that are more likely to break apart.

Though if your a heavy Coke drinker, (Like Elissa) there could be trouble.

In my case the tooth popped out, I bleed for most of that day, but by the next day very little at all. It wasn't to painful either (they'll give you pain medication), though my face was a bit swollen for a few days, definitely use the ice packs to help keep the swelling down.

Overall you'll be back to normal in a few days.

I had my wisdom teeth yanked out about 8 months ago. For me, they just nummed me. They did it by giving me shots in my mouth which is worse than IV. The actual teeth pulling wasn't that bad though. But the afterwards num feeling in your mouth drives you crazy! You'll be normal by the next day though. I was able 2 go 2 Knotts the next day.

Kevin"You can't find Xcelerator in your dentists office "Bujold

Sleepytime magic medicine is the way to go. I don't want to have any sort of memory of anything being extracted from my body.

I've had teeth removed before and it was no big deal. The only suggestion I would make is to have it done on a Friday so you have the weekend to recover. Also, those yogurt smoothes are great!

i had to get 2 teeth pulled about a year ago, and i guess i didnt act scared enough so they never gave me the happy gas. i saw a big tank with a mouth piece thing attached but i never got to use it.

edit- typed too fast, post didnt make sense

edit again!-typed too fast

brandon''what is with me!?!''c.

I already know I have to get 4 impacted wisdom teeth pulled. This is going to suck as 1) I'm not too crazy about the dentist (Only 1 that I'll trust but he's not an oral surgeon) and 2) It always seems to be my luck that the novacaine (sp?) doesn't fully kick in at the first dosage of it. Lastly, the surgeon's office made me watch a video and said there are some risks that could happen but most likely wont: Loss of taste due to hitting a nerve and stuff like that. They showed that for how my teeth are, they'll have to break 'em and pull 'em out in pieces. This really sucks and I'm not looking forward to it.

When I get mine out, I get an Injection to numb the gum. It doesnt hurt at all, but when the dentist takes the tooth out, you can hear it cracking, which doesnt sound nice, when he pulls it out. After you have to wait for the numbness to go away. But it doesnt hurt at all.

• 8 months later...