TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point Maverick POV & Footage Video...

See, it's funny that you say that because my thoughts going into the RAW project was that I wasn't sure how it would be without editing it to music.

Are most of the POVs via the lipstick cam?

The biggest problem I find with raw video is background sound, like people talking,etc.

The lipstick cam POVs I assume would have much less of that? Or is the hand held camera still capturing the audio?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow! Awesome POV, Robb! The airtime on the hill after the lift had to be restraint-hugging! I really hope I can make it to the Point next year so I can ride these myself, but am more than a little torn on the whole Geauga hostile takeover. Anyway, thanks for the great film! (it IS better than the CP POV on their site)

Are most of the POVs via the lipstick cam?

Out of the 31 segments on the DVD, 28 of them are mounted cameras. Most of them shot by TPR, but yeah, it's almost all mounted lipstick cams.

The biggest problem I find with raw video is background sound, like people talking,etc.

The lipstick cam POVs I assume would have much less of that? Or is the hand held camera still capturing the audio?

The lipstick cam I use records just video. I do an audio run with the handheld camera, but I try to get a quiet run without much "talking." You may here some shouts and other commentary from time to time, but mostly it's just the sound of the coaster that ended up in the clips.

And yeah, the Maverick POV *IS* the Cedar Point one, although I did touch it up a little bit in editing. It was quite washed out when I got it.

--Robb