TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Photo TR: SFMM 11/9

ADMIN EDIT - Photos removed.

Sorry dude, but we have we have warned you before about illegal photos that break park rules. Taking picture of backstage area and talking about sneaking into backstage areas WILL NOT be tolerated on Theme Park Review. Maybe some other sites will allow this practice, but TPR just cannot!

Please see the ToS which you agreed to when you registered:

15. Obey Park Rules - If you're going to make a post bragging about breaking park rules, which includes but it not limited to: sneaking cameras on rides, line jumping, standing up on coasters, or any other park rule, you're account will be deleted and your IP address banned.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The park was very different than that today. In fact, thanks to a school event, it was one of the most crowded days I've see at SFMM. Scream and Goliath and Deja Vu and Tatsu and Vipe and Colossus all had lines almost (and sometimes out of) out the entrance. All the coasters that ever run were running. Scream was quite rough. Tatsu (brace yourself) was using both stations (I thought they were done with Station 2). Viper was running excellent. Colossus, well, I think a trim was off because until the MCBR near the end, it was on crack. We were rounding the normally boring ol' slow turns fast enough to produce some laterals.

However, the food service was slower than I'd ever seen it. I timed a Papa Johns employee on just one persons order. It took seven and a half minutes!!!!!

I don't know which day you went on, but Tatsu was only running one side when I was there...

The lines weren't bad at all, the only line we didn't wait in was Goliath (to the bottom of the stairs, one train)

And Colossus has good days and bad days all the time. The magic formula is riding after a really hot day on a cool night, and if your lucky the trims will be on low. The rails shrink when it cools down, and the train hauls thru the course!

Just out of curiosity, where did you take that picture of the chucky doll?

I'd like to point out that there is a difference between seeing back into open gate areas, and going in search for backstage areas. You had to go out of the way and through the FlashPass entrance for batman the rid in order to get the "whats under batman" and "across from batman shots". This is in no way the actions of a typical park guest.

The Doll was behind Johnny Rockets...

Going through the flash pass line is not typical? I don't see anything wrong with spending 17 dollars and waiting in less of a line... I see it allot actually...

I only take pictures of open gates, I NEVER go through them. Don't say I do either, because you weren't there to know. Trust me, I don't go into open gates.

EDIT: To further back that up, here is a page of my open gate pictures.

http://www.infinitethrills.com/open_gates

(I haven't updated it in awhile, Ill get to it whenever)

(^Im assuming your the mike that Ive heard of)

We saw you getting off of Revolution, and walking up toward Goliath after the park closed...

No, Im not an employee, but you might think I am after how much I know (allot fore some random 16 year old kid)

I wish I could show all of my older PTR's here, because most people on TPR haven't seen them.

^What're you a stalker?

Park employees can't take pictures because if they allowed pictures in some places and no pictures in others, it'd be impossible to enforce.

However many backstage areas are easily visible from many areas in the park that are exposed to guests on an everyday basis. If they have no problem showing those areas to guests, why should there be a problem photographing what is shown to them?

Now if the people running this site have a problem with the pictures he's showing that's a different story-its their site. But a lot of the pictures he posted are easily seen if you venture around the park in not so frequently visited areas (Batman's fastpass line, for example) its not necessary to snoop past guest boundaries to get most of those shots.

But if he is where he doesn't belong enough, he'll get caught by MM and they'll deal with him from there. There's no reason to play MM Security, its odd that someone with little connection to MM would take it more personally than MM security itself.

^, No im not a stalker

We saw him when we were getting off of Revolution (earlier in the day), and also passed him walking out of the park...

I do my best not to go where I'm not supposed to, (honestly, who hasen't done something bad once or twice). Also, legally I can take a picture of whatever I want that I can see, wether it be a person or something in the park. If I took a picture in a place I wasn't supposed to be in (I haven't), you definitely wouldn't see it on a forum...

Also, adapting to websites. I've done enough of that (not posting POV's), but I get why you might not want that stuff on your website. I think that it is interesting, and hopefully a fellow enthusiast can see it and learn more about what we love, parks and the coasters in them.

Maybe it is just the fact that when I see "PTR" is a thread title, and want to see how someone's day went at the park, and instead find a bunch of pictures of backstage areas, I get a bit disappointed.

^He did show a bunch of his day while still showing some of the clearly visible backstage areas. I don't really see why anyone should have a problem with that. I've seen most of that stuff at SFMM and I really don't go out of my way looking for it.

IMHO, posting backstage stuff is totally fine. If you, the paying customer, is going to take acurate photos depicting what your day was like from your point of view, then these pictures taken should only be supporting MM's total dump status.

If infinitethrill can see what's behind closed doors without going in them, then that's what everyone else can see as well. In that way, this TR is only displaying what the GP sees, which is utter disaray.

Well Done!

Yeah, sorry, but we've had major problems with your 'Photo TR's' before, and this one is pretty much just as bad.

All of you agreeing with it are in for a rude awakening also.

Oh and you really don't know that much about the park.

I'll be bringing this to Robb's attention, NOW.

Yup, quite a few of these posts and photos go against this rule in the ToS that everyone agreed to when they registered:

15. Obey Park Rules - If you're going to make a post bragging about breaking park rules, which includes but it not limited to: sneaking cameras on rides, line jumping, standing up on coasters, or any other park rule, you're account will be deleted and your IP address banned.

--Robb