TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags stock hits 10 year low

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay away.... If things don't change next year might have weak results. The only 2 true stocks in this industry is Disney and GE. CF, Six Flags, etc. have no true scope for real returns and movement. SF will end up going lower also for those who really want to invest n it.

SIX FLAGS (SIX)

Exchange: NYSE

Close as of week ending

11/2/2007

Opinion NEUTRAL FROM AVOID Date Opinion Formed 10/01/07 Price Opinion Formed 3.46

Score 1 C-Rate 0.0

Recommendation

Stock shows Mildly Improving Conditions. SCORE = 1

If you are short this stock, hold position. Do not initiate new short sale.

Stock is Not a Buy Candidate.

Comment

Moving Average Convergence/Divergence (MACD) indicates a Bullish Trend.

Chart pattern indicates a Weak Downward Trend.

Relative Strength is Bearish.

Up/Down volume pattern indicates that the stock is under Distribution.

The 50 day Moving Average is falling which is Bearish.

The 200 day Moving Average is falling which is Bearish.

Watch for resistance at 3.33

Week's Activity (Close as of week ending 11/2/2007)

Week Close 3.00 Week Change -0.27

Week Open 3.27 Week High 3.35 Week Low 2.98

Price Analysis

Yr. High 6.80

Yr. Low 2.89

MO Chg.(%) -17.1

Resistance 3.33

Support 0.00

BUY STOP 4.18

Volatility(%) 4.8

Position 3

ADXR 28

Moving Average Analysis

Type Price % Slope

10 Day 3.21 93.6 DOWN

21 Day 3.29 91.1 DOWN

50 Day 3.48 86.3 DOWN

200 Day 5.19 57.8 DOWN

Volume Analysis

Ave Daily Volume(00) 9721

MO Chg.(%) 8.1

Up/Down Volume (U/D)

U/D Ratio 0.5

U/D Direction DOWN

On Balance Volume BR

Positive OBV BR

Negative OBV BR

Money Flow(MF) 36

MF Direction UP

Technical Analysis

Alpha -0.29 50-Day R.S. 0.72 OBOS 0

Beta 1.14 STO(Slow %K) 20 B.BANDS 73

MACD ST BR STO(Fast %K) 5 RSV 5

MACD LT BL Wilder's RSI 18 POWER RATING -6

..... Hope that helps.

As I own quite a bit of Six Flags stock (and have for some time), I follow it closely...

Now is a great time to buy. Despite its being low now, most analysts are predicting a huge turn-around, citing its new management turning it around in the next few years.

I bought significantly when it dropped from its usual $6/share early in the summer because there was no good reason for it. While the subsequent (smaller) drops have had some rationale to them, I still believe that the worth of the company (nor most companies, really) cannot diminish that ridiculously in such a short period for no good reason. Taking a look at its history reaffirms that it will bounce back. And the following articles also suggest a regain of worth due to a variety of factors despite the projected low value as the year closes:

Four Stocks that should Quadruple Soon

The Six Flags No One Sees

Five Stocks Under $10

Stocks with Strong Upside Potential

Just my two cents.

^^You're right. If you wanna look like you know what you're doing you should always double down on 11.

SF stock has been dropping since I can remember. I had confidence it would rise in 2006 when Tatsu was being added and when it seems like things were going up for the company, boy was I wrong. But mostly I didn't invest any money because, well, I don't like taking risks when it comes to my money.

And that's what I'd have to say is the main problem with SF Stock; nobody has confidence in the company. Nobody ever knows what they're gonna do, when they're going to do it, or if the move is going to be bad or good. And with SF's reputation I'd fathom most people worry about this company's future. That's no way to manage stocks if you're Six Flags. To get back on track they MUST be consistent and start to make some company changes that the public agrees with and sees as an actual form of improvement. Not just announcements that hold no water in the parks themselves. Saying things are going to happen when they're never seen does NOT build confidence in buyers.

But if I had a couple hundy to invest, i'd say nows the time. The prices are low, if you lose money its not much, and after such low numbers you'd think they'd have to eventually begin some kind of price rise.

As I own quite a bit of Six Flags stock (and have for some time), I follow it closely...

Now is a great time to buy. Despite its being low now, most analysts are predicting a huge turn-around, citing its new management turning it around in the next few years.

I bought significantly when it dropped from its usual $6/share early in the summer because there was no good reason for it. While the subsequent (smaller) drops have had some rationale to them, I still believe that the worth of the company (nor most companies, really) cannot diminish that ridiculously in such a short period for no good reason. Taking a look at its history reaffirms that it will bounce back. And the following articles also suggest a regain of worth due to a variety of factors despite the projected low value as the year closes:

Four Stocks that should Quadruple Soon

The Six Flags No One Sees

Five Stocks Under $10

Stocks with Strong Upside Potential

Just my two cents.

I agree. I really can't understand how the company was worth twice as much 5 years ago when management clearly had no direction, the parks weren't in great shape, and innefficiency was running rampant. Now that a management team is in place who actually have a PLAN, why is the stock so low? I own quite and bit and am down a lotttttttt of money in the past 6 months, so let's hope that investors start putting a little more faith in this company for 2008.

But if I had a couple hundy to invest, i'd say nows the time. The prices are low, if you lose money its not much, and after such low numbers you'd think they'd have to eventually begin some kind of price rise.

How much you'd lose in a disaster would depend on how many shares you acquired.

Although I think the company will stay relatively stable, don't many any assumptions. Them going bankrupt and their parks sold in the fire sale is certainly possible. If you told people 10 years ago that Arthur Andersen would implode in a few years, you'd have been written off as a nut.

I hope they can steer the company out of this mess. Management seems to be doing a good job of turning the parks around.

DIS and GE aren't that great as stocks either.

Disney is still lower than it was in 2000, GE hasn't moved much in the past 4 years.

No way, DIS and GE are great stocks.

Stocks like DIS, and GE are strong, mature, and more staple then many others. (very little surprises.)

What's the dividend pay on SIX again? GE stock is a long term holder with a sweet price for purchase when it's trading in the upper 30's very low 40's. DIS is a great stock also if you move at the right time.

My 200 shares I bought @ 24 a share and sold 100 @ like 44 was more then satisfying for that type of stock and only 1 year of movement. Investing in that route allowed me to drop those gains directly into Mastercard during IPO release at 42 a share. MC now is trading between 190-207 a share.

GE alone paid me roughly 78.00 on 75 shares in dividends last year. And that was just GE, plus the stock has never gone red since holding.

So how is Disney or GE stock not any good?

DIS, and GE really are the only two true investor stocks for this topic, SF, CF are not. SF has a huge debt load, and honestly I expect the company to be sold again if possible in the future.

Personally, I'd wait till it hits $1.75 then buy, buy, buy. You would have cleared out all the suckers by then. It has a tendancy to fluctuate from end of season to beginning of season. If you buy low in the latter part of the year, you should at least double your money come April, May, June.

I've done this the last three years and have done fairly well with it.

i was one of the people who bought a lot of shares this past beginning of the summer. I have lost over 1/2 of my money but i still think it will resurface when the next season starts. the whole dow jones took a fall the other day and of course six flags is gonna be in the fold. i am confident it will bounce back and if and when it gets back to 7 dollars i willl sell but anyone would be stupid not to buy now. How many of u throw away $500.00 on shopping in a mths time? All of us, so buy u some stock now and trust me u will double ur money by next june.

People also thought ENRON and Worldcom were good stocks at one time too, but they were wrong and it wouldn't be shocking at all if the same thing happened to SF. It may be too invest in SF if its money you dont care if you lose, but otherwise it is very risky!!!

As for disney they have had 8 straights quarters on increased earning and keep coming up with new content to sell over the different divisions of the company, i'm not going to complain when the company made 1.8 billion this year and my dividend keeps going up!!!

People also thought ENRON and Worldcom were good stocks at one time too, but they were wrong and it wouldn't be shocking at all if the same thing happened to SF.

Enron and Worldcom had no assets. Their prices were rising for no reason, nobody really knew why, mostly people just saw a stock rising and dumped their money into it like idiots. There was no substance to back up the money that was invested, and crooks were involved which is why it ended up how it did.

So that's not really a good comparison as what could happen to SF stock, they have parks, assets, and substance to back up the prices of their stocks. They don't just have numbers flying through the roof for no reason.

I'd have to agree with Guy, buy at below a buck, and sell once the season starts. I'm sure there's bumps in the stock around that time.

SF itself has very limited assets compared to its current debt load of over 2 billion, the parks it just sold did almost nothing to reduce its debt and they have done nothing to indicate they will turn things around in the short term or long term. And now when your debt rating goes even lower, it will only increase the amount of money it will cost SF to pay interest on the debt thye have.

http://www.reuters.com/article/bondsNews/idUSN0934977020071109