TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb Alvey's 30lbs in 30 days!

robbalvey

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You go, Robb! Awesome. And I think the last picture shows that your face is thinner.

I can say that riding roller coasters has directly led me to losing weight:

This past Labor Day, we spent the weekend at Cedar Point, and I'd never ridden Millenium Force before. I saw "big" people getting turned away at the test chair, so I gave it a try for the hell of it, and damned if I couldn't get the belt closed! I was a bit surprised, and I was totally freaking out. I'm 5'11" and I weighed 230lbs.

The test chair belt went from left to right, and I just didn't have the left arm strength or the leverage to close the thing. So I finally suck in my gut and get the thing closed with a little help from the CP guy manning the queue. I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to buckle myself in on-ride.

On ride, I took the left seat because *that* belt goes from right to left and my right arm is much stronger. Similar issues on Top Thrill, but managed to get the belt closed and was able to ride each time.

I started Weight Watchers as soon as we got home, and my first gym visit in a long while coincided with "The Biggest Loser" being on TV, which motivated me more. I've gone from 230lbs on Labor Day down to 209lbs as of today and I'm running over 3 miles a day, listening to various coaster podcasts while on the treadmill.

And I've re-dedicated my life to riding roller coasters as they helped me see the error of my unhealthy ways.

Congrats on the progress so far and good luck, Robb, we're pulling for you.

-Martin

Over the years when I was up near and over 200, I walked five miles about three or four times a week. I often wonder where my weight would have been had I not.

My doctor told me that my walking probably delayed the onset of diabetes (I was diagnosed at age 42). Walking may not burn as many calories as other forms of exercise, but it's easy to do, requires nothing more than some time and good walking shoes, and the self discipline to do it.

As for you, Robb, you're doing well. Keep it up---and keep it off!

Eric

So did you decide to lose 30 pounds just for the 30 day period you wanted to do it in? If you finish early are you going to go further in the one month period?

Ideally, I'd like to be back to the 215 to 225 range. That's when Elissa said I "looked my best." So that's the goal I want to shoot for.

The 30 days thing just seemed like a good motivator for me.

Although today wasn't such a good day for me. We have Bethany and Dallas this weekend so we ended up going out to eat twice!

I'm sitting at 254 tonight, so we'll have to see what happens in the morning!

--Robb

And the best surprise? There was a package waiting for me from Ron and it included....CRYSTAL LIGHT packets!!!! He sent them to me to help out with the weight loss!

Thanks dude!

You rock!

You are very welcome.

Keep it up, you're doing great.

Ron "You've almost inspired me to give up Mountain Dew, and then cigarettes!" Patton

Late to the party, but "Good Luck, Robb!" all the same. Between the Midwest trip and your advice for the "Robb Alvey's Sex and Water Diet" (good on the water, not so much on the sex), I've managed to lose about 15 pounds since August! (went from ~245 to ~230) So thanks for the advice, and good luck all the same!

-nesdude

Day 9 -

So yeah, up a pound from yesterday, but hey, I kind of knew that was coming when we had both Olive Garden AND Mongolian Wok yesterday.

I usually am trying to only eat one bigger meal a day if I do end up eating a big meal. But I also think it's rude to go to a restaurant and not order anything.

So even though I ate very lightly at both places, it still added up to more than I would have eaten on a normal "diet" day.

And also, I wasn't able to go to the gym yesterday.

But hey, like I said before, not every day is going to result in weight loss, and that's important to remember and not get you discouraged.

We'll see how tomorrow goes!

Anyway, on to today's stuff....

Weight in - 253

Total loss - 11lbs!

--Robb

fatrobb11.jpg.cdff58dc768430fabda7f7ec957832b7.jpg

Perhaps you could put masking tape around your hobbit feet.

Anyways, the progress you've made so far is awesome Robb! You've inspired me to start eating healthier. I've been eating way too much junk food, and my body is paying the price. Most people don't see it, but I feel like a morbosity! I want to get all this flab off of me!