TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Robb Alvey's 30lbs in 30 days!

robbalvey

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Robb,

May I join you for a little workout session on Sunday the 18th and Monday the 19th possibly on the 20th as well depending on strike? That way I won't have to skip any of my workout days while I'm there in Cali working this time.

Let me know as workout is much more fun with a partner. Especially if it is the beer and sex workout.

Oh, contrary to popular belief. Milk, even skim milk, is not good for you if you are trying to lose weight. A great tip from my fitness drill sargent was to cut dairy out of your diet 100%. Drink lots of water. At least 8 8oz glasses a day. I attribute at least 25% of the weight I've lost over the last year to that alone. Well, that and an undue amount of stress thanks to Alana.

May I join you for a little workout session on Sunday the 18th and Monday the 19th possibly on the 20th as well depending on strike?

Let me know as workout is much more fun with a partner. Especially if it is the beer and sex workout.

Wait...are you coming over to have sex with Robb!?!?!?

May I join you for a little workout session on Sunday the 18th and Monday the 19th possibly on the 20th as well depending on strike?

Wait...are you coming over to have sex with Robb!?!?!?

It's really up to Robb. But I have no issues if you join us.

That was actualy suposed to be two entirely seperate thoughts. The first pert belongs in the first paragraph. The Beer and sex thing being a statement all to it's own.

Oh, who the fuck am I kidding. I WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH ROBB!!!! I don't care who knows. I will sing it from the mountain tops. I can't hide from my true feelings any more! I WANT TO ANIMAL BUTT RAPE THAT LOVEABLE TEDDY BEAR!

Day 2 -

Yesterday was a pretty good day. Woke up, had a Power Bar for breakfast and that pretty much lasted me until lunch. Chris came over and we went to our favorite chinese food place "Moon Wok" around 12:30.

Now usually when I go here I'll have like two HUGE plates of food. So this time around I just paced myself a little better. On the table we had steamed dumplings, beef & broccoli, chicken lo mein, curry beef, and steamed rice.

I made sure to take a good amount of steamed rice as that would fill me up and it has zero fat. Took a little bit of curry chicken and beef & broccoli and had a fairly "normal" plate of food. (I swear guys I'll start remembering to bring my camera for this stuff!!!)

I just made sure I ate slowly, and then instead of having a 2nd plate, I just "picked" here and there. I left feeling full but not "stuffed."

I did good yesterday and I don't think I really snacked on anything until dinner. Had quite a few bottles of water with those Crystal Light packet things (I *love* those!)

We went and took a stroll around SFMM, rode Ninja twice, waited for Jahan and Mike to get off work.

After that we all went to dinner at one of our favorite Itallian places, Papallino's. Now I normally do not like to eat after 8pm and by this time it was almost 9pm, so I settled for just a bowl of soup. Mostly liquid, lots of vegetables, so it couldn't be too bad.

Came home, put the finishing touches on the woodies disc for Roller Coasters in the RAW (shameless plug warning) and if you haven't ordered it yet, go order it now: http://www.themeparkreview.com/store/

Went to the gym around 11pm did a "20 minute workout" and then came back home.

So what's my weigh in for today? 258.5!!!

Total weight loss so far: -5.5lbs

Again, I really didn't change what I eat too much, just didn't eat anywhere near as much as I would before and I didn't snack at all during the day, other than bottles of water.

fat_robb4.jpg.9f949308242c30127eec48569c291104.jpg

I swear I'll have more than just feet photos soon!

Good thing that scale has a decimal point before the last digit, huh?

In my case, I've been trying to gain weight for the last year or so. During a five-day hospital stay last December, my weight fell to 117 (on a 5'-8" body) due to complications from diabetes (see, Dan isn't the only one around here...). And at one time, I was up over 210 (long story, won't go into it).

With some tweaking of insulin (that I have to shoot four times a day), I've been able to not only keep the blood sugar in check, but put some weight on. Today I weigh 145---a healthy weight for me.

Robb, I hope diabetes doesn't run in your family (on either side) because it'll catch up to you sooner than later. Not to tell you what to do (as you said, you've done this before), but as a word of advice from an older guy, you might focus on maintaining your weight rather than letting it go up and down.

Eric

^Yeah the TPR trips were awesome for me!

I gained about 30-35 pounds with the whole KT thing, and I lost about 15 before the trips, then 5 on each trip, so that now I'm back to normal!

Now of course, one of the main reasons I lost the weight is because I'm a picky eater and when travelling it's even harder, but all the running around and sweating helped too!