TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

New Rock and Roll Theme Park for Phoenix metro area?

They would have a lot of licensing issues to work out if they want to stick with that pencil drawing. I think they would end up having to make generic versions of many of these rides and that would certainly take away from the experience. As someone who lives in Las Vegas, I sure hope this gets built, but I am skeptical that it will be all that they have envisioned!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's a very rough overview of what the park may look like. It's more a pencil sketch rather than any kind of rendering, but it at least gives you some kind of idea what they are going for. I can count what appears to be three or four major coasters, but who really knows what will happen at this point.

Yeah I've seen that conceptual overview before. I don't think that I have ever seen such a convoluted drawing before. Why is there a wave pool with no water park? How many millions would need to be spent just for licensing? I suspect that with the opening of Hard Rock that they will toss that drawing and are now working on raising money for a resort hotel that will have the theme park built around it. It will be easier to raise the 100 million if they can say those magic words in Arizona, "resort" and "golf course."

Of course that is speculation on my part since I have not read the legislation and I don't know how specific they were with the definition of theme park.

I wonder if there is any chance that they could bring Hard Rock on board.

making it a resort would work out well for them anyways because it keeps people on the property and it gives the park almost an automatic destination status depending on the quality of the hotel and the park.

It would be cool if the pool was shaped as a les paul or some other equally recognizablee guitar.

A resort might work, but I still have my doubts. Why would anyone want to stay in Eloy unless they're skydiving? Phoenix and Tucson are close enough that you don't have to stop halfway to get to either destination. There are plenty of resorts in those cities.

As much as I'd love to see a good-sized amusement park in Arizona, this doesn't seem like the way to go. But if it does somehow take off, they'd better figure out a way to keep people cool in the summer.

Um, am I the only one worried by the fact that in the slideshow thing on the top of the site there is vekoma corkscrew and an SLC- According to the site though I love some concepts such as the route 66 coaster cough cough - but Is that a pirates themed area. As well as a whole coaster based on ACDC- There seem to be too many coasters on this wierd concept art for an opening park.

There seem to be too many coasters on this weird concept art for an opening park.

I know what you mean. If we were to somehow do a fantasy TPR park blueprint where anyone could log in and add stuff it would not look as overblown as this thing does. Heck, if they just built half of what is on that map I'm sure I would make few trips down.

Living here in Arizona and teaching in an inner city middle school gives me a unique perspective. My students think that Castles and Coasters is the coolest place on earth. They just don't get to travel to other parks. It is not necessarily because of money. It's mainly because they use their vacation time to travel to Mexico. If there was a park right along the route I think that they would be all over it.

^But when you get kids going to parks they usually don't spend money at them and I think that was the trouble Six Flags got into. Thye wanted more thrill sekker parks and less family friendly...but family friendly usually means more money in your pocket in the long run. Look at Disney! I'm saying that this place will be Disney but I think making it a resort will definitely help it out. Of course, there is no airport in Eloy and unless you want to skydive to the property you are going to have to fly into Tucson or Phoenix which have nicer resorts.

I hope this takes off but I am not expecting an awesome park the first couple of years. Hopefully it will get better as the years progress.

Has anyone seen this "so-called model" of the resort? I can't a full picture of it anywhere on the internet.

Jimmy "Already in the triple digits for temp in AZ" Bo

Personally I would like to see them scale the project down. From my count, I saw four major coasters on that sketch they call a plan. If they were to cut the project down and make a high quality park with a handful of great rides (a la IOA) and focus on being a regional park for the beginning, then I could see them growing into this masterplan and eventually turning this thing into a full time resort. That 'plan' looks like something I would put together in RCT as a fantasy park. They need to scale back and start small and concentrated, and then branch out.

This is starting to get interesting. If they even get half of what they have in the concept map built I'd be happy.

But with the state of the US economy and the price of gas, I'm pretty skeptical that people will drive out and pay to visit. Given that the park gets built.

Its nice to see the project moving along.

The concept art has potential.

And looking at CnC, it's crowded everyday during the summer and its been there how long without any real significant upgrades!?!

I mean it took them at least 10 years to get a new ride

^Is there an article saying this? If so, looks like it's time to make a trek out to the area they are planning on building and checking what kind of shape it is in. I bet it takes them 4 years to build the resort (theme park and hotel).

^ i know they haven't started building yet but I was just wondering as to what state the land was in. If it's a fairly flat piece of land then construction will be smoother and quicker but if it's a hilly section of Eloy then I wonder how they will use the terrain to their advantage.

Jimmy "Been on construction sites before so I know how this stuff works" Bo

how did they sell a park using this drawing? I am baffled.

I don't think that the drawing had anything to do with it. Bottom line is they now need to raise 100 million before the state support kicks in. This is where we see if this is based on reality. If they start emailing me (I joined the mailing list) to become a founding member by donating then we know this is a real pipe dream.

Is it me or does the concept drawing look like a fifth grader drew it, NO a pre-schooler. It's crap, in my opinion, how did they sell a park using this drawing? I am baffled.

They didn't use this drawing to get approval. It's simply a concept put down on a piece of paper to get the public to buy into it. What they showed the government to get this approved were probably actual renderings and far more detailed plans. This is like a teaser...hopefully we'll see some real stuff released soon.

^ Supposedly they have a model of the entire park and resort and the Title Agency that is running their PR stuff although I've only found pictures here and there of it. The most recent picture was the one showing the guitar swimming pool at the resort hotel.

That guitar photo is the only pic I have seen (not including the drawing). I would really like to see some full plans for this project, as of right now, I find it very hard to try and piece this project together. I really have no idea what it will look like.

• 1 month later...

Eloy put out a news report early this month about the new Decades theme park. The video shows some of the model of the proposed theme park (which I have yet to find a picture showing the entire thing) and also includes some computer animated shots of two of the new rides.

Here's the link...

http://www.azpbs.org/horizon/flash.asp?ID=956&vidnum=3

Enjoy!

• 4 months later...

Another article was in the paper today.

http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/local/articles/2008/09/22/20080922pinalpark0922.html

There is a short story in the local paper today correlating this park with the Hard Rock. It appears that the project is dead. If you still had a viable project you would think that you would respond to press inquires.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2008/12/27/20081227themepark1227.html