TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags having a giant sale

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to fix that typo, and FYI, I'm from California, so I'm not an ill-spoken redneck.........yet.

Hey, we're not ALL ill-spoken, haha.

Back on topic, I still don't get the reason for some of the flats, but if its making way for newer rides, then I guess its alright. They probably know what they're doing.

I always thought Flashback would make a killer indoor coaster...

If SF had the theming skills and resources that Universal had, then Flashback should have been themed to the Penguin and placed in Gotham City.

The bottom half of the ride would be enclosed inside a giant ice berg, and the top half would be open. The trains would be painted Penguin colors, and the ride would depict a large penguin "diving" in and out of the ice berg. Can you imagine it?

The bottom half of the ride would be enclosed inside a giant ice berg, and the top half would be open. The trains would be painted Penguin colors, and the ride would depict a large penguin "diving" in and out of the ice berg. Can you imagine it?

King_Sora?

^If the trains aren't good and the track wasn't designed well what is left from the ride that would make you want to save it. Am I missing something in my coaster knowledge that does not include track and trains as a major part of the coaster.

I don't know if you're missing something in your coaster knowledge. However I do know that questions typically end with a question mark (?).

The unique ride experience and the fact that its an old coaster which was only made once makes me want to save it. Is that not allowed? Its along the lines of the same reason I like X, Freefall and Deja Vu. You hardly see them anywhere.

Besides that I know its metal scrap waiting its demise.

I am hesitant to add anything for fear that the Syntax Squad or the Punctuation Police will nab me and make me identify gerunds, but I have to agree with coaster05's post that "unique is not always good." Innovation is one of the cornerstones to progress, but it should never be at the nucleus of progress. I can only really speak about flat rides since my coaster count is a lot lower than the rest of you, but I can think of at least 3 innovative and unique rides that should never have been:

1) the non-enclosed offshoot of the Enterprise ("Force 10")

2) the Boomerang (which spun 4 cars around viciously then let them go sequentially into a tunnel that spun you viciously the other way, causing a lot of back problems.

3) Super Loops, which has a standing record of getting stuck or stalled at the top of the loop.

When these flats came out, nothing save the Force 10, was like them, and there's always the Enterprise's disatrous debut, but that's another matter. Innovation is key to moving onwards,but ultimately, you have to make the customer happy, or you're stuck with a bunch of metal (and possibly Cedar Point viewing you as dinner.)

Hhaha. I can just tell that a small park wanting bragging rights for a GIB is going to so regret it after a couple of breakdowns and other various Vekoma-induced mishaps.

Another non-US GIB would be nice. The Deja Vus were all inconviently located for me at least, so one that comes a bit closer to me sure would be nice. I love GIBs, probably the best Vekoma ride out there.

And, my guess also is that at least one of them will be leaving the States.