TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags having a giant sale

Looks like Six Flags has put quite a few rides from their parks up for sale.

http://www.irmpri.com/product.htm

Interesting things to note, only 2 Deja Vus are listed. Does that mean SFMM is keeping theirs?

Flashback is listed for sale.....

Some newer flats from other parks are going too. Were these problem children?

I'll be sad to see CP's Chaos go. I love those rides, and they're becoming harder and harder to find.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh......no Chiller?

SF has their head up their ass if they think they can sell Deja Vu and Flashback. It's plain bad business.

Oh, and all of these rides SF's?

"Yes, I'd like to put a down-payment on a 1st Gen. Intamin Freefall please..."

^ Yeah, Axman, I really don't mean to be rude, but your credibility drops off considerably if you can't correctly spell the name of the state you live in.

Total posts: 606

Scott " I'm just sayin'" B.

Thorpe Park's Sky Swatter "Slammer" has a lot of downtime, is TP's one s the only working model at the moment which is not SBNO.

I've just setup and registered my own business today, if i'm in the money in a few years time i'll know what rides to buy myself or donate to a local park.

"Octopus", "Rock O Plane" or "Egg Wheel", even a wooden coaster.

Hope Flashback gets saved, it is the only model of its type in the world so a very unique ride.

^Just ignore Axman...that's what most of us do.

What have I ever done to deserve being ignored Elissa?

^ Yeah, Axman, I really don't mean to be rude, but your credibility drops off considerably if you can't correctly spell the name of the state you live in.

Total posts: 606

Scott " I'm just sayin'" B.

I'm publicly declairing myself "pwned"

I need to fix that typo, and FYI, I'm from California, so I'm not an ill-spoken redneck.........yet.

I would gladly chip in to buy Robb and Elissa their very own backyard Intamin 1st Gen Freefall!

I'll put in 20.

I'm not sure but I think I've seen that site lots of times before. There's always some coaster on sale but nothing has ever really come of it. I think Flashback's been on there for 3 years. Freefall for a couple.

I could be wrong.

I don't know why folks think that buying Flashback would be a bad move for a park....

[1] It's a truly 1-of-a-kind ride. NOBODY else would have one.

[2] Visually, it's very cool and would attract attention

[3] Retrofit the trains, remove the OTSRs, and run it with just lap bars.

Voila! Seriously cool unique ride that doesn't take up much space and has a decent capacity.

It beats the hell out of just buying another SLC

I don't know why folks think that buying Flashback would be a bad move for a park....

[1] It's a truly 1-of-a-kind ride. NOBODY else would have one.

[2] Visually, it's very cool and would attract attention

[3] Retrofit the trains, remove the OTSRs, and run it with just lap bars.

Voila! Seriously cool unique ride that doesn't take up much space and has a decent capacity.

It beats the hell out of just buying another SLC

I kinda see it the same way. From what I remember riding, the trains were the worst part of the ride. The track itself wasn't designed to well either with the neck snapping dip before the lift hill along with the bad pacing and tight helix finale. So I would love to see the ride retrofitted and maybe it would turn out fine. Some B&M floorless trains would kick ass.

However, parks aren't usually going to invest money or take risks on rides if there's not a good chance they will end up running well after dropping all that dough.

Which is why in a way, I think the longer its standing still next to Hurricane Harbor, the better the chances are that it'll reopen again once some day.