TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

HOTEL HELLVETICA |RCT3|

HOTEL HELLVETICA ANNOUNCED

CD5Productions, known for its thrilling stories, including Deep Valley Amusement Park, Deep Valley 2: Curse of Geboldi Lake, and The Stranahan Fairgrounds has announced their fourth major production: Hotel Hellvetica aka Hotel Hell.

The story will be comprised of weekly updates that will lead up to a 15 - 30 minute continuous movie being released this coming winter, 2008.

"We're taking a break from the horror stories," says producer John Stevenson, "we're heading into the disaster/catastrophe genre."

Hotel Hellvetica will tell the story of a famous hotel in the 1960's plagued by not one, but two major disasters, on the same night.

"Water and fire will play a large part in Hotel Hell," Stevenson explains.

The story will involve the clashings of two rivalry families staying at the hotel, but will focus mainly on the survival of the hotel's guests during the tragedy.

The project will be the group's largest to date.

"We are having to build sets to be able to get all the shots we'll need for the movie section, it's a tough job."

CD5Productions is aiming for a January 1st release.

Hotel Hellvetica tells the story of a famous 1960's resort hotel that is struck by tragedy.

The ominous hotel has not yet been revealed, except for this dark image of the building's core.

One of the hotel's rooms floods with water.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOTEL HELL - HISTORY OF

From a 1963 brochure, one year before the break:

The hotel opened as The Grand Inn in the '20's. It was the grandest of its time, but the depression took a toll on the hotel. It was closed from 1934 until 1939 and reopened the next year. It received a fresh coat of paint and a new name: Hotel Helvetica.

During the 1940's, Hotel Helvetica saw many areas remodeled. The interior received a needed facelift and the outdoor pool was removed.

Now the hotel has welcomed in the 1960's with a unique offerings of a new wing to the hotel. Make you reservations today!

HOTEL HELVETICA TODAY

"I took the boat tour today. Few have had the opportunity to take it, I believe they want to keep it open as an option for those who are still grieving. Both of my grandparents were killed in the disaster. They were there on their second honeymoon. I was only two, so I don't have any memories of them, only pictures."

- Sandy Parks, New Jersey

"I lost half of my family to the disaster. They were there for a wedding the next day. Originally it was going to be the week before but it was delayed due to the bride having an illness... It was sad to see the hotel or what's left of it. So overgrow, rotting away. I wish they would go ahead and demolish what's left of it and let it sink to the bottom."

- Shane LeBlanc, Vermont

• 2 weeks later...

"Hotel Helvetica was near its end. I believe the break did its owners their work for them. The buildng itself was built well, but its constant remodeling had made the interior look nothing like it originally was. Who knows how many would have died if the hotel had been at full capacity."

- Ken Holt, MSNBC 2004

"Don't get me started on the tunnel. They trapped those people in that hell of a hole when they closed it. The water wasn't rising fast enough to pose as a threat to the neighboring city. They could've opened the gate long enough for most of the guests to get safely out. It's not like the dam collapsed. Heaven knows they wouldn't have had enough time to close the d**n thing!"

- Marsha Clearings, New York Times, 1992

Katrina Ford and Joseph Sledge seen here in Joseph's hotel room. Their families were business rivalries and had coincidently booked the same weekend.

The upper levels of the hotel are quickly abandoned as the flames burn through the floors.

The fire wins as the water begins to stop rising.