TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Had to share this amazing footage I came across of IT during its initial test runs. Obviously shot during the off season as none of the businesses on the boardwalk behind the ride are open and the lighting package looks incredible. God, I would kill to ride that thing with all the other surrounding lights turned off. Super cool!

* I may or may not have

playing with the lights off on here right now making the footage look extra crispy to me.

There is just something about the upside down airtime you get on the full swings. My god. And the cycle usually alternates between crazy spinning while swinging low and more than a few good full swings while not spinning too much. I hate spinny rides but because they run it like that, and that half the ride is more like a (even more extreme/upside down) Screaming Swing for half the ride is why I can handle it, and love the thing so much. It's also a decent length of time - not too short, not too long, just enough. Tho I did watch a girl projectile vomit all over the platform immediately after climbing out of her chair earlier this summer.

The lapbars tho. Watching people on the other side of the ride trying to find something to hold onto is hilarious.

I am SO excited to get on that thing next weekend. I've been on more than a few Afterburners and their like but it looks pretty clear that none of them compare to It.

I would call and make sure its running. They shut it down temporarily because of the incident in Ohio.

^ Thank you!

I honestly had no idea this one just has lap bars. Now I really want to go ride it! Every year I go to Wildwood for TIA indoor winter color guard finals but its always in April or May before the season so its dead. They open only one pier for us and its the one with the boomerang and only run a handful of the rides.

Tho I did watch a girl projectile vomit all over the platform immediately after climbing out of her chair earlier this summer.

Thanks for confirming my No Way In Hell will I be trying another frisbee ride, although I've only tried the outward facing kind. I hate feeling sick, and I almost wish I did throw up instead of feeling so bad so long.

^Yesireebob, that is the life for me.

As for IT that type of ride I cannot get on so to my size, but I was able to ride the outer seating rides ( such as Kennywood's Black Widow and Kings Dominion's Delirium) and floored Frisbee rides ( like Six Flags Fiesta Texas Frisbee and Six Flags Great America Revolution). I often wonder why rides like IT ( and Hersheypark's The Claw) have to make the seats smaller than their cousins. Methinks its a way to get over-sized riders to slim down so, in the long run, they won't be stuck riding log flumes, carousels, and giant-sized Ferris Wheels because it'll be the only rides they can fit into. I'm working hard to ensure that I can ride all rides ( Five pounds lost, about twenty to thirty pounds to go)

Had an awesome weekend on the Wildwood boardwalk with the missus, Coasterbill, Britt, and met up with Andrew aka ytterbiumanalyst to show him around our favorite seaside wonderland. Since he and (hopefully) Bill will be doing reports, I am not. Knowing they would, I really didn't take many photos at all. But a few quick thoughts on this rainy Monday morning:

~ It was BUSY on the boardwalk this weekend! As usual the ride lines never got unmanageable and the boards generally cleared out a good bit after 10pm.

~ We can happily assure you all that IT is running as well as ever. We had a weird ride earlier in the day where they only ran it for a short time and kicked us off, but we managed to get back later for a night spin and I'm happy to say the batshit crazy intense program remains. Related: Maelstrom (Moreys other KMG flat) remains closed.

~ The Nor'Easter is so amazingly better. It's incredible the improvement compared to last year.

~ The Great White gave us a sluggish ride in the red train earlier but we came back later and got a blue train ride at midnight and it was easily one of the best laps I've ever had on it. Hauling and just amazing.

Honorable mentions: best flume ever, best waveswinger ever, we had a great time on the dark rides, especially Ghost Ship. Oh, and watch the damn tram car.

IMG_20170807_083305_879.thumb.jpg.2579e8d9f98ed2c6f240204fce481b36.jpg

Some of these pics by Bill!

Methinks its a way to get over-sized riders to slim down

Yep, the amusement industry is in cahoots with the weight loss industry. That's exactly why the seats are designed that way.

Haha yes!! We did not waste any time. Its funny I didn't feel particularly drunk at all Saturday but much of the middle of the day is quite foggy. Oranges crushes at noon will do that to you I suppose. Sorry, Andrew. And have fun today! Can't wait for more report!

The Nor'Easter is so amazingly better. It's incredible the improvement compared to last year.

So I don't have the same frame of comparison, as I wasn't on the original version prior to the retrack. But I've been seeing around in some of the other usual spots someone who rode it and still thinks it's rough as crap and practically unrideable. After I took my first ride on it a couple weekends back, I have to just wonder what particular brand of crack that person is smoking. Best SLC I've ever been on, bar none. Yeah there's one or two bumpy spots but by and far, it's a huge improvement over any traditional SLC I've ridden, and I could almost feel up to marathoning it.

Sounds like y'all had a great time down the shore this weekend. Looking forward to the inevitable reports!

So I don't have the same frame of comparison, as I wasn't on the original version prior to the retrack. But I've been seeing around in some of the other usual spots someone who rode it and still thinks it's rough as crap and practically unrideable. After I took my first ride on it a couple weekends back, I have to just wonder what particular brand of crack that person is smoking.

Basically.

giphy.gif

As should come as no surprise to me, having planned a trip I can't cancel at this point...it looks like it's going to be rain, possible thunderstorms, tomorrow for Morey's Piers. How are their operations in the rain? Is it likely that most rides will still be running? On a scale from Lake Compounce's "I felt a raindrop, shut it all down!" to Knoebels' Liquid Sunshine here...

You guys should have a great time tomorrow!

Hour by hour is sort of tough to go on because while there's a chance of a thunderstorm all day that just means there will be a few scattered storms that randomly pop up at any point. Accuweather is showing that storms could appear at any time, but overall it should only rain for like 2 hours out of the day. During that time you can check out one of the many awesome bars, shops, indoor arcades, indoor aquariums, restaurants, indoor mini golf courses or other awesome indoor things Wildwood has to offer.

Don't let the weather scare you away. You have a ridiculous amount of ERT and park time and will easily be able to ride and re-ride everything you want. Wildwood has a ton of cool indoor stuff too so take advantage of that when it rains.

Typically, if the piers are dead, and its a washout, they will close early.

However, this weekend is Coastin' By The Ocean, so with the large number of enthusiasts descending on the piers, I'd imagine Moreys will do anything in their power to have the rides running as much as they can. That said, they will shut rides down in the event of potential thunderstorms or heavy rain. Good luck, and let us know how you make out!

Thanks guys.

I'm not letting the weather scare me off; I already paid for what has to be one of the most expensive Red Roof Inns in the country, so there'd be little reason to call it off now. I just wanted to have an idea of what to expect. I should be there shortly after opening, so if it's dead enough that they need to close early, I'll probably have gotten in everything by that point, anyway.

Unfortunately, as far as ERT...not for me; Coastin' by the Ocean was...not a thing I was aware of! I probably should have done a bit more research. Still, I'm sure it'll be fun one way or another