TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

I did a bunch of flats. I was a single rider, so no ferris wheel.

Pretty sure the flume is the same way, though you could have grouped with another person or couple. I hear ya on the wet socks, I hate having wet clothes after riding water rides.

I didn't ride IT because I'm a bit bigger and sometimes have trouble fitting into the restraints of rides like that. I'll never forget the time I was walk-of-shamed off Revolution at Dorney.

IT is definitely a tight squeeze, but I think not having OTSRs is what saves me on that, considering how tight it was for me to ride Revolution and The Claw at Hershey. They usually staple my lapbar on IT, but luckily I still get airtime on it, and honestly would be a little concerned if they didn't staple me with how crazy the damn thing is.

The Flyers were fun, but nothing compared to Knoebels' Flyers.

Yeah they aren't really great for snapping, I just love the location above the store and being a little high up over top of the pier. God forbid you do try to snap, they are a little militant about even attempting.

Glad you liked Flitzer, its small but so incredibly fun, I just hate having to wait in a long queue with a bunch of tiny children. The plethora of seatbelts is always good for a laugh. And while I have yet to get in a Great White ride this year, the track work last year had it running brilliantly, almost as good as brand new. Can't wait to get back down soon and get some rides in. Definitely back of train business, I prefer second to last row.

Bummer you don't do drop rides, as Atmosfear is one of the best - not only for the spectacular views of the beach/ocean, but the drop itself is downright insane. Their Screamin Swing is another of my favorite flats, though it is an upcharge.

I should be down this weekend, having a family visit and squeezing some rides in there. Gotta try out this New Nor'easter. Trying to figure out how I can get up to Ocean City and get my Gale Force on.

I went to Morey's Piers for the very first time today thanks to the free ticket voucher I got from ACE. Being used to the long lines at Great Adventure, I was loving the lack of lines at the Piers. The Great Nor'easter was rough but not painful, thanks to the new vest restraints.

The vests aren't new, the new thing is they just retracked the whole thing. Sounds like no improvement. So, was it the normal roughness of going through a bunch of tight elements, or does it still have that SLC extra vibration, sort of a boingady-boingady-boingady-boingady shake to it?

So far there's no useful info on the actual results, the grannys had never ridden it before, and those saying it's better own the place.

Sounds like no improvement.

So far there's no useful info on the actual results, the grannys had never ridden it before, and those saying it's better own the place.

Meanwhile...

Don't be skeptical...it is scary smooth now.

Yeah a good friend of mine gave a very favorable review and I trust his opinion. His exact words were "its very smooth, a noticeable difference from last year".

But you'll take the word of someone who hadn't ridden it before the retracking?

Also if you poke around Moreys FB page you can find some reviews.

Screenshot_20170612-081844_1.jpg.a411c232a070f86af01575ccd3fecc82.jpg

Screenshot_20170612-081853_1.jpg.73b72e7b3a6602a5d20362adceadea13.jpg

Screenshot_20170612-083243_1.jpg.a65d270fff5ca014573ec8aabf773d8b.jpg

And just today I got a message from a friend (who is a hardcore enthusiast) who said - and I quote - "Nor'Easter is very very good. Huge improvement".

I can't yet speak from experience, and never like to judge a ride until I ride it, but I have yet to see any outright negative reviews thus far.

Well, I'll be going to Morey's in a few weeks, and I pretty much loathe SLC's, so if I give it a favorable review, you will KNOW that is saying something good about it!

Backtracking to talking about the Flume... Should I expect to get really wet on it? I too do not like Soaked Sock Syndrome, so I will either have to plan accordingly, or skip it.

And Boldikus, you were saying getting free to go down the shore mid-week is probably a no-go for you, right?

And Boldikus, you were saying getting free to go down the shore mid-week is probably a no-go for you, right?

Chances are slim-to-none right now, we're so short staffed and my office barely runs without me (or someone I can trust to run things). Its been driving me nuts because I have to squeeze everything in on the weekends and my summer is filling up too fast!

Also what Bill said, the flume won't get you drenched. You'll get wet, but if its a hot day, you'll welcome it. There's very little shade on the boardwalk so you'll dry off fast if the sun is out. You really shouldn't skip it, it's awesome.

Thanks for the heads up on the Flume guys! I will plan accordingly! If I still have my sandals, maybe I'll just wear those that day, and solve the socks issue altogether.

Sorry I'll miss being able to hang out with you Boldikus, but unfortunately, the weekends are when I'm traveling to, and from NJ, and during the week is when I'll be there. Some other time though! If you (and Bill) make another Virginia run next year, I too am planning one next year, and maybe we can sync up our trips!

Well, Morey's has vest restraints and with the retracking is as smooth as butter. Still a little jostling but no headbanging or anything headache inducing.

Whoops, forgot to report my visit last weekend. No pictures, unfortunately (I was tired, sore, cold, and drawn out by the end of my trip).

I've never been on any Vekoma SLC before, but I dug Nor'easter. I rode it four times and thought it was fun and pretty smooth. I also really, really liked all of the near-miss elements around the helix. You do get jostled a bit after the second inline twist, but beyond that, I thought it was great. I kinda wish the trains weren't so cramped as I like to kick my feet around in excitement riding inverts, but that's picking nits. Oh yeah, they also blared Power Glove by Knife Party over the speakers in the area on my last ride, which definitely upped the kick-assness.

Non-Nor'easter related takes: "It" was also amazing, Great White was surprisingly good, and I even enjoyed my spin on Maelstrom. Lastly, Sam's > Mack's. Sorry, boldikus.