TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

I'm wondering if the track just needed to be replaced. I think most of an SLC's issues are the train length. The first few cars get throw into the transitions and the last few get pulled out. They are what, nine rows on a 100 ft coaster? Also, good trains with good wheel to track contact are needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I really don't know what the overlying issue is with SLC's. I initially thought it was the coat hanger track having an issue with leaving a gap of space between the wheel and track. If thats the case I have no idea what they could have done to improve this if they are using the same style track.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much new news but this article mentions the new track will remain white "giving the attraction the appearance of an ocean-scape". There's also a good amount of construction photos.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/news/press/cape_may/this-wildwoods-coaster-is-being-rebuilt-better-stronger-faster/article_20b1117e-4a3e-50ac-90c7-07a9b00c0e2d.html

Morey's Piers is putting a launch on the lift hill to compete with Lightning Rod.

Great Nor Easter being closed 95% of the time actually would be a dramatic improvement over the ride in it's current form. At least a lot less people would have pounding headaches.

"Being rebuilt better, stronger, faster"

How do you make a cloned coaster that travels at the same speed everywhere go faster?

Assuming you're not being facetious, Moreys is not advertising that, they've only said they are doing this in effort to make a smoother ride. A writer for some craptastic Atlantic City publication couldn't come up with a more original phrase, so I wouldn't take it that headline too seriously.

Everyone will just have to excuse my consistent doubleposting in this thread.

Some great video posted by NBC10 Philadelphia here. It also mentions they're planning to turn the old track into sculptures. How very Morey's.

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Wildwood-Roller-Coaster-Gets-Rebuilt_Philadelphia-399947451.html

No. Larry please ban this man. He's posting recklessly and has no respect for law and order.

PS: in all seriousness I love the sculpture idea but I'd much rather they make urinal cakes out of it. Lol

No. Larry please ban this man. He's posting recklessly and has no respect for law and order.

PS: in all seriousness I love the sculpture idea but I'd much rather they make urinal cakes out of it. Lol

I won't ban him, but would like him to lay off the Morey Piers Kool Aid for one month.

• 3 weeks later...

Fyi yall Morey's is having a pretty awesome holiday sale right now if anyone is planning a 2017 visit.

I'm especially excited this year as they are offering their season pass to those under 42 inches or over 25 years of age (i.e. ME) for only $210!! That includes a few BAF days, discounts on food and retail, a free picnic, unlimited tram rides Mon-Fri before 5pm, and half off all the upcharges (Sling Shot, Screamin Swing, Skycoaster, Skyscraper). They offer payment plans for this FYI. Not too shabby.

They are also offering for the first time ever, due to popular demand, a Water Park only season pass.

• 2 weeks later...

After the Morey's Piers presentation at Winter Adventure, I'm a little bit less worried about the new Nor'Easter. As we have inferred, it's using the same exact type of track as the other SLCs. But what makes it better is that Vekoma has better "track-bending methods" as they called it (I'm pretty sure that just means smoother track fabrication). Apparently, the new SLC in Energylandia is actually smooth, (this exact ride was mentioned in the presentation) and this is what the new Great Nor'Easter is expected to be like. I'm still a tiny bit concerned, but this is good news.

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed T3 last summer despite it not being anywhere close to smooth thanks to the new trains eliminating the headbanging. Since Morey's already has the upgraded trains, making this layout any smoother would be a win for me, especially since the Nor'Easter interacts so well with the water slide.

The newer trains were fine for a while but something needed to be done about the ride. My last rides the past few summers were downright awful. No headbanging obviously with the newer restraints, but the forces somehow gave me a headache bad enough I needed to drown myself in Advil, coffee and beer.