TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Great White is fun as hell and worth the trip alone even if it weren't for all the other super great stuff around.

Great White is awesome, especially at night. Zoom Phloom is one of the best log flumes out there and the flats are great. Kong is my favorite flyers out there and the Thunder Bobs they have is bat sh*t crazy.

Im interested in seeing how this turns out with the SLC an i'm wondering if other parks will follow suit if it turns out as a better ride.

Great White is definitely the star of the show for me. I hadn't ridden it prior to this season so I can't comment on how it might have used to run, but as of right now, it's a wild ride and a whole lotta fun.

Never been on Nor'easter and I don't regret not getting the credit. I've been fooled one too many times by SLCs to get fooled again.

While most people consider Labor Day the end of summer Jersey shore visits, the fall is my favorite time to stop down. Coming up @ Morey's is their own version of Oktoberfest, starting weekends September 24th through October 9th, with rides open and beer flowing. Note the deals on wristbands, food and lodging at Moreys properties. And don't forget to check the Morey's calendar to see what piers/rides will be operating. I won't be able to get down til later this month but I'm certainly going to check this out!

MOREY’S PIERS CELEBRATES OKTOBERFEST THIS FALL

moreysokt1.jpg.5bb373454d8ff5da3695330695518372.jpg

moreysokt2.jpg.4f596c5458086da57977a9a06778b0a9.jpg

moreysokt3.jpg.2053d06d96e7a72f8436d6134e9f7ed9.jpg

The Wildwoods, NJ – August 31, 2016 – This fall, Morey’s Piers brings a taste of Oktoberfest to the Wildwoods boardwalk with special German themed menus and outdoor “biergarten,” live entertainment, a kids “Rootbier Garten” activity area and much more.

Oktoberfest festivities will take place on September 24 and 25, October 1 and 2, and October 8 and 9 at Morey’s Mariner’s Pier located at Schellenger Avenue and the boardwalk.

Specially priced Oktoberfest ride wristbands will be available for purchase online starting Tuesday, September 6 through Sunday, October 9 at 3pm at http://www.moreyspiers.com/tix and include a bonus $5.00 food and beverage credit. Guests who purchase in advance during the first 72-hour sale from September 6 to 8, will receive a double food and beverage credit of $10.00 per wristband.

In addition to the regular menu, Jumbo’s restaurant will feature a special themed selection of Bavarian pretzels, bratwurst, German potato salad, schnitzel and more. On tap, guests will find a wide selection of beers and tasting flights to be enjoyed at an outdoor “biergarten” located behind Jumbo’s with live entertainment from The Oompah-Delics on Saturdays and Sundays. Additional live music concerts will be featured on the main stage. Beer lovers can purchase a souvenir 25 oz. bier stein for $19.95 at Jumbo’s biergarten which includes the first draft fill complimentary and additional refills at $9.95 each.

A kid’s zone with a “Rootbier Garten” and snack menu will be set-up near the Parents Pavilion from noon to 5:00pm. Kids can enjoy a variety of activities from pumpkin decorating to pretzel necklace making. Wristband holders 12 years old and under will receive a free souvenir root beer cup with first fill free. Prices per kid activity vary. On Sunday, October 9 there will be a Kids Fun Run along the beach. Registration is $10.00 for children 12 years and under. Discounted Oktoberfest wristbands also available for runners online. Season pass holders can register complimentary. To register for the run, visit http://www.moreyspiers.com/kidsfunrun.

Available the weekends of September 30 and October 1, and October 7 and 8, Blue Palms Resort and Starlux Hotel are offering OktoberRest stay packages that include a two-night stay for up to four people (in one room), two-day ride wristband (valid Saturday and Sunday) to Morey’s Piers for up to four people and a $5.00 food and beverage credit on each wristband. Prices start at $225 per stay at the Blue Palms Resort and $238 per stay at the Starlux Hotel. Rooms subject to availability; price does not include hotel tax. To book, call 609-522-0606. For more information, visit http://hotels.moreyspiers.com/bluepalms/promotions.

Oktoberfest ride wristbands purchased online are $24.95 for guests 48” inches and taller and $19.95 for those under 48”and include a bonus $5.00 food and beverage credit per wristband. Ride passes are also available for purchase onsite: guests 48” and taller are $29.95 on Saturday and $24.95 on Sunday, guests under 48” are priced at $24.95 for Saturday and $19.95 on Sunday. Pricing does not include tax/fees. For advance purchase, http://www.moreyspiers.com/tix.

Mariner’s Pier will be open for Oktoberfest from noon to 10:00pm on Saturdays and from noon to 5:00pm on Sundays. For more information on Morey’s Oktoberfest offerings, visit http://www.moreyspiers.com/Oktoberfest.

For more information on Morey’s Piers, visit http://www.moreyspiers.com.

^ Note the pier closures on the calendar. Looks like Surfside Pier is down for the count as of Sunday, Sept 18th. Adventure Piers last day is Sunday Sept 25th (I'm probably going that weekend for Oktoberfest & last rides on Great White) and Mariners is open til Sunday, October 9th.

That sucks that they close the best pier first. It has more coasters than either of the other piers (though Flitzer is the only one that doesn't blow) and the best 2 rides in Wildwood with "it" and the flume but most importantly it has the rooftop bar which is god damn amazing. What gives Morey's?

They usually close Adventure Pier first and it opens last in the spring. I think with all that'll be going on w/ Nor'easter they've swapped them this year. Mariners is always first to open and last to close due to its central location. I'm surprised they didn't just shut down Surfside right after Labor Day.

LMFAO! I forgot we did that stupid maze!!!

They used to have a much better maze for a while on Surfside where Atmosfear is then they moved it to Adventure where the go-karts are now/near the Great White lift, what they have now is a giant joke! Maybe they'll expand it for 2017.

If you didn't have a wristband and actually paid to do that maze I think it should be completely legal for you to set the entire pier on fire once you completed it (about 10 seconds after you entered it).

And for everyone who wasn't there we (Brit, Boldikus and I) did the maze twice after completing it in 30 seconds the first time, purposely trying to f**k up the second time and still got out of it in under 90 seconds.

:lol: If you didn't have a wristband and actually paid to do that maze I think it should be completely legal for you to set the entire pier on fire once you completed it (about 10 seconds after you entered it).

And for everyone who wasn't there we (Brit, Boldikus and I) did the maze twice after completing it in 30 seconds the first time, purposely trying to f**k up the second time and still got out of it in under 90 seconds.

So, basically... in, right, right, out?

^^You go into a storage container with a bunch of doors in it, but you just saw the storage container and know that most of the doors are right up against a wall so you'd have to be (I apologize for using this word but it's appropriate) f**cking retarded to think that any of them opened to anything besides just a wall. And then you'd have to be more f**king retarded to open the door next to it on the same wall expecting anything different. The door that actually has an exit has a huge emergency exit sign above it making this entire thing pointless but it was obviously the only door that was going to work anyway. This door in the first room immediately leads to an exit. IMMEDIATELY.

That being said if you try really hard to screw up there's another door that leads to a maze section outside, but the maze is made of transparent metal grate fences. Yeah... transparent fences. Holy sh*t how the hell are we supposed to figure this out? Anyway even if they weren't transparent it wouldn't matter because other than 1 or 2 offshoots that are about 6 foot by 6 foot boxes with nothing leading off of them they lead right to another exit in about 20 seconds.

That thing is by far the worst attraction on any of the 3 piers not named Great Nor Easter.