TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Okay... still insane but I've got to call bull****.

At the beginning they hoist them all the way up but at the 40 second mark I really don't feel like they were anywhere near the top when they dropped him for the shot he actually made.

Had a great time hanging out w/ and showing Coasterbill and his future wife around Moreys/Wildwood yesterday and today. Hot as hell weather this weekend but the predicted rain stayed away and we had a great time riding mostly awesome (and a few terrible) rides, eating buttloads of boardwalk food, and drinking seemingly endless rum runners and orange crushes. Y'all know I guzzle the Moreys kool-aid at this point so I'll let Bill do the reporting on his first ever Wildwood experience.

A few things of note: Thanks to him, I can now say I've almost pooped myself during my first ever ride on a skyscraper ride (whoever invented these things was on drugs), and thanks to him I rode the Zoom Phloom more times in the last 24 hours than I have in the last 4 years, the SLC tried to kill us, Moreys new rooftop bar overlooking Surfside Pier is my new favorite place for stiff tropical dranks, and finally: Moreys frisbee/pendulum ride named "It" is now officially my favorite flat on earth (still love my Screamin' Swings). I took some photos, check em out.

IMAG1396.thumb.jpg.fe1f23b646991c7f67a51556b2446d2b.jpg

Watch the tram car please

IMAG1397.thumb.jpg.141ce006ef1fa4b0dc3707648d0ad6f4.jpg

IMAG1405.thumb.jpg.2a4eeed80b70148e62500f39f8206466.jpg

Everyone was excited to ride america's first boomerang lol

IMAG1413.thumb.jpg.205f2d64326b6495f92058835861dad5.jpg

IMAG1414.thumb.jpg.595bcecae637b65719a6597caba5b287.jpg

Of course Bill loved the flume.

IMAG1415.thumb.jpg.0ce7e3098579c99daf3165ac78aa1299.jpg

Dante

IMAG1421.thumb.jpg.ec66b42fe3ba3c66bcc46c98607d5bad.jpg

I sat this one out lol

IMAG1428.thumb.jpg.977cd9677d01a786b990895f9470446e.jpg

Kong flyers

IMAG1426.thumb.jpg.6c1c56ef14a93cc84476c85a4853d4f4.jpg

IMAG1433_1.thumb.jpg.d714f91c175cd5d4a21e36fc4d2d1d14.jpg

So clutch with the ridiculous heat and humidity.

IMAG1434.thumb.jpg.a6842226ccb006ff140a2698f08717c3.jpg

So good

IMAG1436_1.thumb.jpg.650441d6ab7c9e1d111dcb96c2247342.jpg

Saturday afternoon booze break at Captain Jacks

IMAG1444.thumb.jpg.48f21ea2fefadca870c739b2e9cfb6d2.jpg

Flitzer is the best coaster on this pier.

IMAG1448.thumb.jpg.94f4e9a80e240447a0ba1e4032772113.jpg

Think we have some new fans.

IMAG1449.thumb.jpg.3e048bd0c4466e54275739acb1370586.jpg

Love these rides

IMAG1456.thumb.jpg.d14dd791d1b99ff0f34ac51419ba6b28.jpg

IMAG1459.thumb.jpg.56e25b6e812e367bd1d65827e6d72deb.jpg

Noooooooooo

IMAG1462_1.thumb.jpg.b970a357b8f5691cb28dd2470fec5269.jpg

We all felt like we got hit by a truck.

IMAG1473.thumb.jpg.da8808ee4470f26f914045d7a8442fc2.jpg

Night lights

IMAG1483.thumb.jpg.cf66d36edf1f227562ee3a57f82f5653.jpg

Killer view of Surfside Pier from the top of Joe's Fish Company's rooftop bar.

IMAG1484.thumb.jpg.3109c5b7e055bb3734f5d16852df1112.jpg

We caught Pikachu hanging out at the bar.

IMAG1491.thumb.jpg.f6505b336e6264c3d737f9ce9b8c029d.jpg

Back again Sunday

IMAG1494.thumb.jpg.44e1ff28296052a365538a76fb407540.jpg

Great White is GREAT.

IMAG1499.thumb.jpg.512188c5b42fb5b8064bec6ced071a14.jpg

I took the tram down to meet them.

IMAG1502.thumb.jpg.1e31a6158aa1f97c7cdcd7470ed5dc54.jpg

IMAG1506_1.thumb.jpg.c388d9704af84ba062624ad7ea2f3178.jpg

Yes more Mack's. Duh.

IMAG1508.thumb.jpg.968a33637af2acaf3fff8044d075e54a.jpg

Had to hit up "It"and the flume again this afternoon.

IMAG1511.thumb.jpg.c62c8e1bca9dc9b8f6d9aacd9a3c4812.jpg

My favorite flat. Period.

IMAG1517.thumb.jpg.1067caef0d636662035807f59338a86e.jpg

More drinks at Joe's.

^ They used to do that so much more back in the day but I still catch them doing it here and there every once in a while.

Moreys related I found these commercials for The Great White and Nor'easter from back when they opened. Quality is crappy but its funny to look back 20 years at the hype for the brand new SLC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19ng8kKwXqU

An all out track attack! I love the shot of three trains all running at once. Yay for 90s CGI.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm here with my whole family for Coastin' by the Ocean. I've only been in ACE for a little less than a year, but this is the best event I've been to so far! And we're not even done with the first of two days! So far we got the ERT on Surfside Pier, along with lights-on walkthrough tours of Dante's Dungeon and Ghost Ship. The tours were really cool, and they really give you a great appreciation for all of the details in those rides and how they always keep them working. And apparently the scene with the animatronic bear with the skeleton in the glowing black light cave was completely from the Golden Nugget. (None of the original animatronics went to Knoebels, they used new ones and replicated some of them.) Here are the rides done so far:

Atmosfear x 5 - Excellent.

Kong x 2 - There was a really decent breeze all morning, so there was actually some snapping! Obviously not that much, but it was surprising. They actually played a recording to go easier on the sails, so I just put my hands up and didn't touch the sail, and it was able to do one more snap by itself. We thought that was hilarious! So yeah, not insane but it was about the level of snapping on Kings Dominion's flyers.

It x 5 - It's IT!

Flitzer - Great family coaster

Rockin' Tug - SCARIEST RIDE EVER!!!!!

Tilt-a-Whirl - This is still one of the most consistent and strong tilt-a-whirls out there.

Doo Wopper - Kind of lame.

Zoom Phloom x 5 - Three of the rides in a row were a marathon without getting off, and then the two were also in a row. This is seriously the highlight so far! It's really a great long flume with an awesome location and cool scenery. I must have accidentally had the same crack that coasterbill is on, because between this, Shenandoah Lumber Co. and especially Coal Cracker, I've been really loving all the fumes I've ridden this week!

Dante's Dungeon - I did the tour, and knowing how everything works actually made it more interesting.

I'll either add to this post later or make separate ones where I talk about the midnight ERT on Great White we're going to have and the ERT on Mariner's and Adventure piers tomorrow. And also, the staff is excellent! The operations are solid for a smaller park that's not crowded, and everyone was really energetic and nice. They really care about the guests, and a great example is how the Dante's Dungeon tour was completely unplanned and they decided to do it because it's cool.

I just finished the rest of the ERT for the event, so here's what I got on since the Surfside ERT.

Saturday night:

Screamin' Swing

Grand Prix Raceway - I like the new track much better. There were so many terrible drivers, that it felt more like high-speed bumper cars. There were some people who had to get kicked off, but some drivers still kept crashing.

Saturday night ERT:

Great White x 15 - This was awesome! It was running really well, and they turned all the lights off, so it was really dark. For the first six rides, I was in a middle row without getting off. Then I walked around twice to go in the front, then for the final seven rides I was in the second-to-last row (my favorite row on this one) without getting up until the last train of the night! The crew for the ride was great and enthusiastic, and they were loading the trains quickly. I've been riding this coaster for years, and it's great to see it getting even better!

Sunday ERT:

Moby Dick

Wave Swinger

Flying Galleon

Rollie's Coaster

Music Express

Sea Serpent - It's a smoother boomerang, and this was one of my smoothest rides on it.

Super Scooters

Carousel - This is one of the nicest carousels I've seen. There's a huge variety in the horses/seats.

Kite Flyer

Spring Shot - The airtime at the beginning is great. I usually don't do upcharge rides, but we got free unlimited upcharge rides, and had ERT on them!

Great White - Obviously not as great as last night, but it's still really good in the morning.

Sky Coaster x 2 - This was my first sky coaster, and it was awesome! It's actually not that scary or intense, just really fast and fun.

Screamin' Swing x 4 - We were able to keep riding without getting off!

Sky Scraper - Amazing ride like always.

So Morey's Piers has an awesome flat ride lineup, but with the free upcharge rides it's on a whole new level! This was an incredible event, and I'm definitely going to all the Wildwood events in the future.

Sounds like an awesome time! I have been saying I'm going to check out that Coasting by the Ocean event for years if only for that Great White ERT in the dark... but never bite the bullet which is ridiculous considering how often I am in Wildwood. In fact, I'm heading down again on Friday as we have reservations for Breakfast In The Sky on the Giant Wheel on Saturday morning. Can't wait. My other half hasn't been down at all this year and she's a big fan of the Great White - I can't wait for her to see how smooth its running. She also requested some rides on the flume this weekend LOL, Coasterbill would be proud.

Wait... so there's ERT on Zoom Phloom, SkyCoaster amd SkyScraper?

Damn... I need this event in my life. The only problem is I'm not sure if I could deal with coaster enthusiasts for an extended period of time. They need to have Orange Crush ERT at the rooftop bar at Surfside Pier.

PS: I see the Zoom Phloom love in this thread and I like what I see. Morey's has a lot of great rides but that's absolutely the best ride on any of the 3 piers.

Alright fine but I'm going to need to budget an excessive amount of money for alcohol that weekend. I've only been to one enthusiast event ever and it scarred me for life. If another guy grabs my face to take a picture because there's a pretty reflection of a coaster in my sunglasses or I have to watch a guy in a patch jacket demand free sh*t from the park because he walked into a plastic garbage can and acted like he lost a leg in Vietnam like the last time (and the only time) I went to an enthusiast event I'm going to be personally responsible for a historic alcohol shortage in the state of New Jersey.

Like they're gonna need to call FEMA to send an emergency shipment of alcohol via an oil tanker.

Oh and somebody should start squeezing oranges, like now.

Alright fine but I'm going to need to budget an excessive amount of money for alcohol that weekend. I've only been to one enthusiast event ever and it scarred me for life. If another guy grabs my face to take a picture because there's a pretty reflection of a coaster in my sunglasses or I have to watch a guy in a patch jacket demand free sh*t from the park because he walked into a plastic garbage can and acted like he lost a leg in Vietnam like the last time (and the only time) I went to an enthusiast event I'm going to be personally responsible for a historic alcohol shortage in the state of New Jersey.

Like they're gonna need to call FEMA to send an emergency shipment of alcohol via an oil tanker.

Oh and somebody should start squeezing oranges, like now.

That sounds like a legitimate nightmare.

To be accurate, I'd say anybody posting on a website about coasters on a daily basis is definitely a "coaster enthusiast"! I know exactly what you're talking about though, as I shake my head every time I'm at a "Coaster Enthusiast Event" at all the ridiculousness that surrounds me, and am quick to dissociate myself from the typical riff-raff. So, does this mean no PPP for you coasterbill? I had assumed if I went there, naturally you would be there too!

To be accurate, I'd say anybody posting on a website about coasters on a daily basis is definitely a "coaster enthusiast"! I know exactly what you're talking about though, as I shake my head every time I'm at a "Coaster Enthusiast Event" at all the ridiculousness that surrounds me, and am quick to dissociate myself from the typical riff-raff. So, does this mean no PPP for you coasterbill? I had assumed if I went there, naturally you would be there too!

PPP isn't really an enthusiast event since it's open to the public and most of the clientele is just normal people. The big draw for PPP is actually the Covered Bridge festival.

Sure there are plenty of enthusiasts, but if you avoid the souvenir swap meet, bonfire and Kozmos Curves queue at 9:30 PM you hardly notice them. We'll be there.

And yeah I know by definition we're all coaster enthusiasts and some coaster enthusiasts are totally cool to hang out with, but have you ever been to an enthusiast event? It's horrible. I swear to god I don't know where they find most of these people.

Also... could this be a teaser?

13921063_10154457990774586_8409947614341896653_n.jpg?oh=e787c2ca6017e08ca19ef6bb07c7c582&oe=584D1A44

Shiny, shiny gold. Get ready to start digging for the rich stuff. ‪#‎MoreysBuriedTreasure‬

Morey's Facebook

Alright fine but I'm going to need to budget an excessive amount of money for alcohol that weekend.

LOL why wouldn't you anyways? the last thing I did around coaster enthusiasts I was drunk as hell and informed I smelled strongly of alcohol. I retorted that the park sold me it and that I wasn't driving, so no f's given.