TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Moreys Piers Discussion Thread

Hello Everyone!

Making my first trip to Morey's this Saturday. Any special things I should know? They are open until 12:30 Am so I am not worried about doing anything in any special order or anything like that. I will starting with one pier and going from there.

Are the haunted houses worth it?

Hello Everyone!

Making my first trip to Morey's this Saturday. Any special things I should know? They are open until 12:30 Am so I am not worried about doing anything in any special order or anything like that. I will starting with one pier and going from there.

Make sure you check the website for the opening time of each pier, their openings are staggered.

The Ghost Ship is the best attraction at Morey's. The rest of the dark rides at Morey's are laughable, but should not be skipped if you purchase the wristband.

Edited by larrygator

Hello Everyone!

Make sure you check the website for the opening time of each pier, their openings are staggered.

The Ghost Ship is the best attraction at Morey's. The rest of the dark rides at Morey's are laughable, but should not be skipped if you purchase the wristband.

Agreed. I also thought Flitzer was a fun little old ride. Also, it's right next to a pretty amazing deep fried food booth!

I LOVED Morey's! I had such a blast the whole day there. Over all Wildwood is a really nice beach town. Way better than Ocean City, MD which I am used to.

I Loved all the coasters. The SLC is insane with all the leg chopping. The restraints are amazing and EVERY SLC should have them. I love the modification to the lay out so it would fit into the park. The Great White is a pretty good coaster in my opinion, definitely a better ride in the back. The front was pretty boring to me. I love the drop out of the station.

I enjoyed the pirates boat ride a lot. The walk through haunted house (the ride I was looking forward most to) is really well themed but it was not scary. They only had about 5 actors in the entire thing. I LOVED Mealstorm. I have not ridden one of them in years and I forgot how fun they are. The log flume is well done and I actually really enjoyed theirs.

^I wish I was, but since I'm done traveling for the summer season the only place I'll be going for amusements is my local bowling alley.

^^I'm glad you've enjoyed your trip to Morey's Piers and I have to agree with their log flume ride: it's one of the best flumes in the USA. You said that Ghost Ship isn't that scary? It's either that you're braver than most or I'm a chicken because when I went through it once, I was happier than a hunchback at a massage parlor when I reached the exit.

But a few more things I like about Morey's Piers: They have all sorts of rides and attractions, including some that are small, but big on thrills. I definately like the Flitzer coaster and wish more parks have that type of ride. And don't forget the other seaside attractions that lie in and around Morey's Piers - I had a chance to ride in the back of a Monster Truck as it sped up and down on the beach and there's a paintball shooting gallery.

"I'm not perfect; I just love to ride!!!"

Just got home from the coasting by the ocean event. Good news to report, the great white is running smoother than we remember, Stacy says almost as good as the first year it was open. The event was a great time, and great value. Flume, roller coaster and even upcharge ride ERTs. Definitely a great way to enjoy Morey's Piers. Thank you to everyone who put work in to this event at Moreys.

Some pictures:

image.thumb.jpg.ac5a2c1c9fdb67a196e383c1db619e11.jpg

Lanyard...

image.thumb.jpg.2028a2b328229185cd0be1fb1302ea2f.jpg

Itinerary

image.thumb.jpg.408a30d34f22b102632713ad26de9ec4.jpg

It...

image.thumb.jpg.548c8418481af616071cff3cb4f16061.jpg

They did eventually open the rolles coaster, and needed to manually release the restraints

image.thumb.jpg.c2d4d2f8092a5b27722a056c532700c1.jpg

Fun drop tower

image.thumb.jpg.338214bbb76b501bd5912378d3e05b2e.jpg

Unnecessary amount of seat belts for a flitzer

• 2 weeks later...

Stopped by Morey's today to get my Great White credit... I was expecting it to be packed but since most people were on the beach the park was empty... Too empty. I only rode Great White once, but I was incredibly underwhelmed. There were only 6 people on the train, so the coaster crawled. There were no forces, positive or negative. It was very smooth though...

I wish I could have rode it again with a full train to see how much better it would be. But, I didn't feel like dishing out another $8 for it. (Hey, Phoenix only costed $2.50!)

I had an awful time taking pictures of the ride. Since they were waiting for riders to show up dispatch times were awful. I spent about an hour taking pictures, and I don't think more than 5-6 trains went by.

I think the SLC was closed, I never saw it run.

Here's a couple of the pictures... I'll upload more later!

IMG_5773.thumb.jpg.f53777aa0ca82965bef1e11a5d76fe8d.jpgIMG_5805.thumb.jpg.58396abafad133691cecf3486e3a31a1.jpgIMG_5834.thumb.jpg.d88885fa34437714990c82ddc349f9ab.jpgIMG_5869.thumb.jpg.3fe018898c54da8babada8223863d73f.jpgIMG_5871.thumb.jpg.8f65ae03448c9d33f0bcafd765d4385e.jpgIMG_5882.thumb.jpg.9b3aae6530ce9da13780ac3bb960d3ed.jpgIMG_5903.thumb.jpg.c0db0d3a1275b1bdcd56d83899421a7a.jpgIMG_5959.thumb.jpg.425de8fca0de556a599c7ea6e76c154a.jpgIMG_5974.thumb.jpg.fe4fc510eb23c9388cf529e317d011f8.jpgIMG_5980.thumb.jpg.7bd5af6c9db381008af6b125eb6d6ba2.jpgIMG_5987.thumb.jpg.3ae8421b19b75d2a6b236051e7a617f6.jpg

• 6 months later...
For some reason this SLC looks really good!

It must be the setting.

I did not ride this when I went due to my pre-SLC headache, but it does have the new trains with anti-headbanging restraints. My brother rode it and he told me it turned a crappy coaster into a decent ride !

^It does still get mixed reviews--some say it's equally rough, just without the headbanging. I really enjoyed it for an SLC, and I'm not even sure if it was only due to the restraints. It's also in a more fun setting than some.

Shame about the Great White rides reported in August. I could certainly see it being due to the un-filled trains, but I loved it when I rode it, even when I was the only one riding. Maybe it's a day-to-day thing or also weather-related.

I think the Great White is a great coaster. I was glad I bought the unlimited bracelet when I was there because I rode it about 10 times.

Also the SLC there is probably my favorite one. The restraints are comfortable and sitting in the front was fun because it feels like you are going to run right into all of the supports.

Honestly the Great Nor Easter is the best SLC/invert I've ever ridden. I prefer it to all the B&M inverts I've ridden (Batman, Great Bear, Raptor, Dragon Challenge). It's more intense than the last 3, isn't really rough and doesn't have the Gs that hurt your legs like Batman does.

As for Great White I think it's at least a middle of the pack but imo an above average woodie. Personally it's in my top 5 woodies though I have a small list. The views and surprising airtime are both plusses for me but you have to ride this at night because it's one of those coasters that has a special nighttime ride experience with the view of the beach and the look of the ride.

The new trains on the G. Nor'easter have GREATLY improved the ride. Rode it hundreds of times before and after, and the new restrains make it entirely different ride. Even my fiance, who always avoided it due to the headbanging, rode it with me last summer and couldn't believe the difference. The only other SLC I've ridden was Batman @ SFGA and hated it compared to the Great Nor'easter. I wish all OTSR were similar to the ones on the G.N.

It is an insanely intense ride, especially compared to the other two larger coasters on the island (Sea Serpent/Great White), but I think its mostly because of how tight the layout is. I know it by heart at this point but you are dodging the supports throughout the ride. I'm sure to a first time rider its a little overwhelming. It's also got one of my favorite drops (best in the back).

Edited by boldikus

^They're both inverted coaster, so probably that was the reason for the confusion.
I'm also recently diving back into the coaster world for the first time since I was a kid and getting familiar with terminology still.