TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great Adventure Coaster Celebration '08 Date Set

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this an ACE member only event?

Coaster Celebration is open to all coaster enthusiasts. In the past, I'm not sure if you were even required to prove a membership in any club. More details will be announced in a few months and once I have them, I will post here. Stay tuned!

I feel kind of silly asking this question, but: will there be less or more people there than usual?

Since it's earlier in the year, and the park might be closed if they consider it a private event, than it shouldn't be that bad. But if you don't have to have any kind of membership to any group, the park might not be closed to the public. Again, I don't know, I am just guessing. I would love to attend this though.

• 4 months later...

The season pass holder nights are COMPLETELY different than this kind of thing. The season pass holder events are strictly for season pass holders, and they are relatively empty at the park. Like mentioned, this is held during regular park operating hours. When I went a couple of years ago, it was, I believe, in June? - and the park was very crowded (I'm talking 2 hours for Batman - got on 4 coasters in 9 hours). However, if you are willing to make it the whole day with the morning and evening ERT, it is pretty much worth it. We got 7 rides on El Toro during the 1 hour night ERT - but if you wanted to ride Nitro at that same time, you could just cycle right through for the entire hour and get probably 20 rides if you wanted to. With this pretty much being Memorial Day weekend, I would expect the place to be packed. A lot of general public, and probably a couple hundred crazy enthusiasts.

• 2 weeks later...

For those who are interested, Coasters after Dark (seasonpass holder only event) will be held on May 2 from 5-10.

I have been to 5 of these events and they have been very good. The last one I went to was in September of '06. It had the most people than any other that I had been to. However, a ride on El Toro only cost about 25 minutes, and rerides on Nitro were aplenty (I believe 7 in a row before a line formed).

I was at the park for last year's Coaster Celebration but not for the actual event. I did my typical dash to El Toro when the park opened. As luck would have it, the event had ERT on Nitro up until the time the park opened. It is such a long walk from Nitro to El Toro that the ET line was shorter than usual the first hour the park was opened. I got about 6-7 rides on El Toro before the Coaster Celebration people started filling up the queue.

I'm not totally sure myself. I believe there are two options for season passes this year - regular and premium. I believe you have to buy the premium in order to go to the rest of the parks in the chain. I'm not sure though because I'm not getting a pass this year. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

I think that other park passes were accepted in the past. I would call the park to find out.

I'm not sure if it has been completely implimented or not. The site is advertising a free upgrade to premium, so maybe everyone's passes will be premium this year and then they will advertise the premium mark-up next season or something.

I don't know. That is what I'm thinking. Either call the park or maybe someone else can help you out.

That is the usual price at Great Adventure and it has been since I was in the game. It just says on the website that you get an automatic upgrade to a premium pass, so maybe the premium passes will start to be sold once the season starts or something. Though, I don't think that helps in terms of Rich's question.

Season Pass events are great. There was no Coaster Celebration last year so I'm looking forward to it this year. Last year I only went to Coasters After Dark. It was great since they gave out a coupon where you could bring a friend with you for only 15 dollars. I actually think I have the flyer they handed out last year.