TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

What Coaster Types Would Be Cool If Invented.....

Well I'm currently working on a drawing of a coaster type that I have invented.....for now i'll call it either Infloor or Floorvert.....The idea is complex...

Here..picture it.....It's a Inverted coaster right, but on top of the inverted track (were supports are usually attaced) there will be a Floorless Coaster attatched, and following the same coaster layout as the Inverted, making for the same coaster layout but with a diffrent experience. have you ever ridden a coaster and often wonder how it would feel or how fun or scary it would be if it were made into a different coaster type....like....an inverted Top Thrill Dragster, or a Stand-Up Millennium Force.....weird..yes..but it makes you wonder......

What Do You All Think......have any neat designs of your own?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I actually have a unique design somewhere on this computer, that I designed a few years back. I'll have to hunt for it and post it, being that i'm not an engineer, and nobody's gonna pay for the design anyway. Mind as well show it in a public forum. Maybe i'll revise it a bit too... hmmmmm

I had this concept in my head since the Pipeline concept came out, but I did this crude graphic in 1998, the concept....

each 2 passenger car rolls independently on a center axis, such as the classic rollo-plane. this allows the car to be on top, or below the track, giving unique sensations to the riders as their seats roll to an upright position via gravity, or for rolling and rocking via G-forces and elements.

Has this ever been done, i thought this was the logical step after arrow started touting the failed Pipeline.

coaster.jpg.234196e3f5aaf048df033c06ca6949e4.jpg

car concept side view

I've always wanted to see a coaster where you weren't in a building but the train was enclosed. I've always wondered how it would feel.

2 things come to mind...

1- classic catapillar ride...

2- Silver Flash was a wood coaster, the trains were enclosed by a chrome cage-like thingee.

Wooden Floorless Standup Inverted!

Elissa "although a Standup Inverted would be pretty cool!" Alvey

Well, you're in luck! (Ok...kinda)

It looks like some kind of playground equipment actually.

Quote from RCDB:

History: The Telepherique is a very unusual ride and greatly challenges the definition of a roller coaster. Because it is functionally no different from single rail suspended roller coasters, it is listed in the database.

This is technically a suspended, spinning, standup roller coaster. The database has a limitation that does not permit this combination of roller coaster designs. Since it is most similar to a suspended roller coaster, that is the design it is listed as.

http://www.rcdb.com/id3148.htm

I'd like to see an inverted log ride. 8)

That would be pretty cool

All I ask of a coaster is that they should be equipped with trains that can hold more people and speed up the queue. Other than that, I like coasters just fine right now

It would be cool if there was a S & S tower with the seats flipping at the top, and then face-down during the drops!!!!!!! (with a buiding around it, so riders can't see if they're at the top or not )

knock on wood....

They have to be sure that the restraints could hold people of various weight types for a continuous period of time, but i'm sure it could be done. I'd think twice about riding it tho

I'm sure that'll be done with a tower sooner or later. But if those restrains come loose, :shock:

Wooden Floorless Standup Inverted!

Elissa "although a Standup Inverted would be pretty cool!" Alvey

No, more like a Standup Inverted Wooden Launched Floorless Sitdown Looping Giga Strata coaster.

That would be the sh*t.

That would be umm...confusing ?

I wouldn't mind if they would built a flying strata coaster. Now that would be cool.

Top Thrill Flyer

Here's my idea for a ride. Lets use flashback for this example since it sits unused. Take each train, enclose each cart, throw in a screen, somehow sync audio & video to the ride, and u have a rollercoaster/simulator ride! could be fun!

When I was around 16/17 I had a folder full of bizzare coaster ideas. One of them was a dark-ride sized coaster that started as a floorless coaster with a set of wheels on a bracket above the car. At a point in the ride, an overhead track would appear out of view while the bottom track ended, with special effects convincing riders they were going to crash, as the top track picks up the coaster, it sweeps them around a corner into the inverted section of the coaster. The brake run would return the train to the floorless position.

Gotta go dig for that folder...