TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

No "Mile High Club" for the Airbus A380

robbalvey

Dudes, chicks, everyone....check out this wacky news story....

SINGAPORE (Reuters) - Singapore Airlines, the first operator of the new Airbus A380, has dashed the hopes of sexual thrill-seekers planning to engage in amorous activity aboard the world's biggest jumbo jet.

The carrier said it would ask passengers on the A380 to refrain from sex while ensconced in one of its 12 first-class suites, which boast the world's first airborne double beds.

"All we ask of customers, wherever they are on our aircraft, is to observe standards that don't cause offence to other customers and crew," the company told Reuters in a statement.

Singapore Airlines, the world's second-largest airline by market value, started commercial flights of the double-decker A380 last week with a Singapore-Sydney service.

"So they'll sell you a double bed, and give you privacy and endless champagne and then say you can't do what comes naturally?" Tony Elwood, who travelled with wife Julie in a suite aboard the inaugural flight, told the Times of London.

"They seem to have done everything they can to make it romantic, short of bringing round oysters," Julie said. "I'd say they shouldn't really complain, should they?"

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So wait, do you have your own room with these beds? So nothing is really stopping you then, other than maybe your wussy conscience?

On the other hand, doesn't that kind of spoiling the adventure of joining the mile-high club? I thought half the fun was cramming into a bathroom the size of a cupboard and getting things hot and steamy?

I don't think many couples are going to follow this rule. If the A-380 has double beds in it, of course couples are going to have sex. It's almost like they're asking them to join the mile high club, only now it's so much easier with beds.

Perhaps that's part of the service--giving passengers a bigger thrill by banning sex in the planes (the whole "forbidden fruit" concept). Much more fun if you're breakin' the rules!

I'm wondering. If your caught having sex on the plane 35,000 feet above the ocean and you still got 8 hours until you reach your destination, are they gonna throw you off the plane? What's your punishment?

Considering that this is Air Singapore, they probably cane you.

I'm more worried about where they'll cane you.

Man, that's like handing you your favourite drink and then saying don't drink it. Oh well, when it's all dark and everyone's asleep well into the flight and you've got that special somone with you - one, two, occupied.

I think this announcement is just a reacharound marketing ploy. THey cannot say come join the mile high club on our planes. Certain crazies would go whacko. But announcing, "though it would be fairly easy to do, we don't want you to do it" still lets those that want to know that it's easy to do.

And better yet, this announcement to those that want it was now free.