TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Ok folks, update time once again. Good progress this weekend, though mostly landscaping and structures. And awaaaaaaaayyyyy we go...

uki6.jpg.f4b65a8067ccb6d9426731f0bd210ddb.jpg

It's a McDream come true! Elissa friendly, wi-fi enabled, Vault on tap, and in the park. Happy Happy Joy Joy, Happy Happy Joy Joy!

Until next time...

uki5.jpg.d9b126a859b887ce970ccd9aa79efa21.jpg

Hey, it's those dancing fountains that every other park and Coke a Cola world has had and ripped out.

uki4.jpg.9aa5f33e94ef5b598b456057533af374.jpg

6 cabanas near the KI entrance offer additional guest quarters. Yeah, I think we all know what these will be used for.

uki3.jpg.394d1e0ce1e1dbe28f3a2a2edf7ba162.jpg

The new bar and grill at Kegger's center. Good spirits, outdoor patio, even serves breakfast. Try the wings!

uki2.jpg.2f1a93d974f8b323e882a396df9433fb.jpg

Drinky the Whale welcomes you.

uki1.jpg.51823101b828c86ab1d8a56306f1e8b5.jpg

Kegger's Island got the most work, by way of more sand, fences, and a couple other things. Sorry folks, no martini glass giant hot tubs, but working on it.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since this weekend is going to be wicked busy, I'm posting the update tonight at 2:44 am. Dude, I'm so crashing right now I can barely type, but this this update has to get done now.

Anyway, more structures and a new ride. The new ride is scooterdoug's Coaster Dynamix kit, which he named Tsunami. He's was kind enough to let me attempt to model it AND put in TPR-Land. Thanks again scooterdoug for building a great and inspirational ride that added a lot to the park. You have to give credit where credit is due, you know?

The Tsunami Coaster Dynamix Edition PoV is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cpzv73rUTUY

Ok, onto the pics...

ts6.jpg.6ce1f9280e1a5ac3f6f75927a0c37af7.jpg

Overview of the park to date. It's filling in.

Thanks again scooterdoug for a cool design and contribution.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to pass out. Thank you and nighty night Bugs!

ts1.jpg.945ae688c1ddec7135f5178f1b3676f7.jpg

Through the trees! Yes, even in virtual reality, the same cliche humor can't be ignored.

ts11.jpg.bf68ecf1845e5eafd43a6926985b19b7.jpg

What a view! Sarcasm and wittiness failing captain...

ts3.jpg.dcecdf9066821be3d3fa2e2ca98643f3.jpg

The off-center cobra roll adds a new slant on the ride. I liked it, so I kept it in. Symmetry is overrated.

Makes a nice symbolic tidal wave, what with the white rails, eh?

ts2.jpg.2bb8724f05a774e246165bf7bb13e0f4.jpg

The insanely tall lift hill. Yes, I know "Thank you Captain Obvious for that amazing caption. How DO you do it?"

ts4.jpg.b07c581a7e6127e716d927a73c233b46.jpg

scooterdoug's Tsunami is a B&M invert inspired by water and flow. Riders crest the whitecaps, flipping and crashing wth the waves, along a beach and through a canyon.

ts5.jpg.dda54592c4ce98fe74400a47329df606.jpg

New mountians have been build behind McD Super Size. In yet another complete fluke, it gave that end of the Ghetto Fair sort of a Japanese feel. Some climb Japanese mountians for wisdom, others for a fast food coaster. Either way, enlightenment can be achieved. And that is your moment of Zen. Ohm.

ts9.jpg.19c5ac36e4ae2819c68818f0aeb79fe7.jpg

LCD screens process credit and debit cards for tickets, which are printed on wristbands AND coded for fast pass queing. TPR members get this, while the general public get's regular access wristbands. Season pass holder? Scan it at the same screen. No ticket tearing, etc... It's like a gas pump fast pass for getting in the park.

I'll explain it better after I've had more sleep.

ts8.jpg.e4259f88e6285179e8db904d65e55b50.jpg

So the place finally got a front entrance that's one part Seaworld Texas, one part Magic Mountain, and one part accidental (seriously) golden arches, and all in TPR colors. The striped building at the side houses the executive and web offices with great views of the park, and the TPR gift shop and souvenir store below. DVDs, large foam fingers, double deckers, stuffed Lil Robby Robs, Mugsy, toy penguins, Coasters in the Raw, Guy T Koepp lava lights with little Guys floating around going "How excellent, trippy and funky!", yeah it's all here.

ts10.jpg.abf6a08fadae1fadad931bafb86b4888.jpg

A better view of the new McDonald's. I call it the mother ship, because it looks like some big red square UFO that has decended from the heavens bearing mutant alien big macs and small fries.

ts7.jpg.f536eb20732885333ebe93d76cfa4c22.jpg

Deal went through with SFA (for those of you following my feeble attempt at plausibility) and Ultra Twister trains grace Eeeevil Swat (because it's from a parallel universe, remember?).

upside down - A lot of fun and a lot of work. Hope everybody's also having fun with it. That's what really matters.

FLIPDUDE - Thanks for the compliments and encouragement. I did tread some on your creative stuff by mentioning it here in my insomniatic stupor. Appologies for that. Yeah when Daniel passed away, I wanted to build something for him like you did with that great picture. This finally gave me a way to do it. There was a part of me that did wonder what Fakeland might look like modeled in RCT3.

brandon - Thanks as always for the encouragement and enthusiasm. Every bit counts.

Kat Von D - Thank you for being the best thing to happen to tattoos and platform shoes in a long time. (That's IF she was ever on the boards and IF she ever posted to one of my threads. Well, a guy can dream can't he?)

What do you mean "tread on some of my creative stuff by mentioning it here"? I didn't see anything that had to do with my creations O_o

And as for what Fakeland would look like in RCT3...

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=29892&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

and also:

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=402471#402471

^^

TPR gift shop and souvenir store below. DVDs, large foam fingers, double deckers, stuffed Lil Robby Robs, Mugsy, toy penguins, Coasters in the Raw, Guy T Koepp lava lights with little Guys floating around going "How excellent, trippy and funky!", yeah it's all here.

Here when I talked about the entrance gift shop, I mentioned Lil Robby Rob and Muggsy. While not quite a foul, it's close. That's what was meant by treading on your creative stuff. No harm intended there.

Your own RCT3 work rocks. Great to see Fakeland visualized.

^ Hey thanks for the kind words. You are SO right! Hard to believe I've spent about 3 months building. Doesn't seem like it's been that long.

^^Glad we're cool and glad to help out a fellow artist.

As always folks, the kind words and encouragement are greatly appreciated. TPR is just a fun board with some awesome people...and I'm so thankful you let wierdos like me in here.

As the saying goes, "All good things must come to an end". The same is true for this build due to my computer processor hittings it's limits. This was a bit sooner than expected.

There are some things missing that would've truly made TPR-Land complete. A woodie, a kiddie coaster, infamous State Line and a Schwartzkopf coaster would've better honored the spirit and humor of TPR. Sadly, this is where the park falls short.

Regardless, the park is built as a tribute to a great site, it's members, and the parks we all love. Please enjoy this gift to all of you at Theme Park Review.

lu9.jpg.f576b619d5b537de0e4a86db06c34ec2.jpg

And a view from the Tsunami side.

PoV's coming soon.

lu8.jpg.adea39d2d64f69e7dd369bcb35bcff76.jpg

A last view of TPR-Land from the Geauga Pass side.

igor2.jpg.4e10aeaa92ede9230dffc52ff8d02995.jpg

Be afraid...

igor1.jpg.603fbaa15e2315cb2c4d0e11013b636b.jpg

Meet cfc's (Chuck's) diabolical henchman, Igor The Mixer! And mix YOU he will!

(Special thanks to Chuck)

lu5.jpg.ef2d3abc1e8cf1fa947ec353587c9043.jpg

TPR's favorite comic artist has also set up shop in TPR-Land. Stop by and see FLIPDUDE on your way to the TPR Guest House or McDonalds.

(Special thanks to Tomi)

cu3.jpg.e0cd7c3d1c83692ea82763198d9bd655.jpg

TPR-Land needed Reliable news coverage, and CoasterNewsDan was just the man for the job. Say hello to him at the news desk on the way into the park

(Special thanks to Daniel)

zg.jpg.f1bed7d85cc70a4f3236c0a2033ad639.jpg

Find tranquility and wholeness in the Zen Garden near Tsunami's cobra roll.

lu4.jpg.79a059c3e19ceb94d9c2fdb4f7968339.jpg

Carrabba's opened up this week near McDonald's and Kegger's Island. Now that's Italian!

lu3.jpg.be3ced9a4a892661c91140c40273cc99.jpg

Over at the main entrance, the "Gimme Some Candy!!" sculpture had been unwrapped. Nope, not edible, but maybe a statue credit...

lu6.jpg.cc50fa8917db7bcadd431f6d2d9ff5d6.jpg

I've had trouble with the change over.

lu2.jpg.8c006ac54d1a0655011feb84e3d75a2e.jpg

Joe's (ParkTrips) Chuckwagon Restaurant serves up creative contemporary culinary concoctions for adventurous souls.

lu1.jpg.228858f1802eff99517abdcf0fe88dd2.jpg

Bench: The Ride lives!

lu7.jpg.5aba20cbab7ef1feeea1ab8cdb8c4c46.jpg

A sign for The Bat has been added to the (now officially named) Arrow Train Garden.

Looks pretty cool. I'm still working on mine, but RCT2 keeps crashing when I try to play it, and I've got a lot of landscaping to do.

Thank you. I appreciate that. Yeah, mine had to hit the break run early to avoid similar crashes. My computer just couldn't handle much more. There was still more I wanted to do that maybe someone else could touch on in their project or you could in yours.

Where you're park really shines is that you've been on some of the TPR trips and know more of the craziness and inside jokes. I really liked how you worked things like Fascination and Ryan's Vekoma Death Box into your park. Honestly, I think your park is the better because of the above experience/background, and it was also the original.

I gotta say thanks for a great idea and I'm enjoying following your park. Will keep fingers crossed that further crashes cease.

Well gang, here's TPR-Land for download, with instructions and graphics files. Have a fun and try not to rip me too much of a new one for the stuff I goofed on.

BTW, I'm still working on PoV's for the folks who don't have the game. Everybody should share in the fun one way or another.

TPR-Land Read Me.doc

TPRLand_graphics.zip

TPR Land_alt.zip

• 2 months later...
Suggetsions:

Evolve "Bench the ride into a roller coaster

Make a "Little Robby Robb" dark ride.

Appreciate the suggestions, however, this park has been finished for months due to hitting my computer's limits. Had tried 2 or 3 different coaster variations of bench, and they all came out crappy.

Feel free to continue on these your ideas, as some people here would enjoy them. Best and good luck.

General Update: I'm goin g to skip rendering PoV vids, since there's no easy way to deliver them and I'm hitting youtube limits. Feel free to download the park and tinker, that's what it's there for. It's a gift to the community and something to have fun with.

I encourage you to put up your own creative spins/tributes to TPR and the trips, especially if you've been on one.