TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would eventually like to see a complete circut roller coaster that operates backwards, preferabally a hyper coaster.

There are many coasters that operate backwards all over the world, even hyper coasters (at least one at times).

Bandit at Yomiuriland have different effects during parts of the year, Wet Bandit (famous from the TPR trip back in 2007 ), Fire Bandit, and of course backwards Bandit:

I'm pretty sure that they have other effects at different times, but I can't find any more at this point.

I came up with the concept of a stand up floorless rollercoaster. ( A bit like the restraints on apocalypse at drayton manor. 5th Element part of the tower.)

This is an easy one. All you have to do is jump upward when you're being restrained. That way, the bicycle seat thing is so high up that your feet can't touch the floor and you're riding on your crotch for the entire ride!

An inverted floorless spinning coaster would be neat!

You mean like this?

Yes, I am aware of those coasters. I hardly consider them roller coasters, but you are right. Plus, there are only...what......two in operation? One maybe? What I was thinking was more of a Mack-type spinning coaster (with multiple cars per train) with back-to-back seating that enhances the freedom of flying.

:lol: I was just sitting like and boring old fart and was thinking to myself, "What coasters can we start to see in the near future?". I came up with the concept of a stand up floorless rollercoaster. ( A bit like the restraints on apocalypse at drayton manor. 5th Element part of the tower.)and the Kraken floor element. Mind you it could be nasty for the guys all them G-Forces.

I hope ive intregued you all thanks Jon.

It sounds like your seats would have to be a lot like the seats on Acrophobia. They allow for your legs to hang straight down. They aren't the most comfortable, so there would probably have to be some form of redesign involved. These seats are fine for the quick ride up and the drop down, I don't know how well they would do with sustained G's and lateral G's.

• 5 months later...