TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Roller Coaster of the 'Future'

:lol: I was just sitting like and boring old fart and was thinking to myself, "What coasters can we start to see in the near future?". I came up with the concept of a stand up floorless rollercoaster. ( A bit like the restraints on apocalypse at drayton manor. 5th Element part of the tower.)and the kraken floor element. Mind you it could be nasty for the guys all them G-Forces.

I hope ive intregued you all thanks Jon.

pip.gif.b9c36598bfb4eee8e7133c924da28469.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since Riddler's Revenge, there hasn't been much in the way of stand-ups. Maybe more record breakers. Just a few years ago, people said that we would never break the 200 foot barrier. Magnum did in 1989, and MF and TTD push the limit even further. Still, classic style rides are still popular, such as woodies and hypers.

BTW: What's with the picture of the peep?

Stand-up inverted launched coaster, goes to 150mph, then a 90 degree drop, then goes into a reverse at the end, as you get launched backwords UP the 90 degrees, into a splash finale back to the station

any survivors will be immediately launched again

• 7 years later...

Here's an interesting idea for a future coaster: a coaster in which you ride sideways. It'll be a steel coaster of coaster and it'll feature heartline rolls.

Or how about this new concept, a roller coaster that begins going forward until hits the mid-station, the tracks are switched from behind the train, and ride continues going backwards on a new set of tracks. This isn't your typical forward and backwards coasters that utilizes the same track, but a different type of ride.

Or how about this new concept, a roller coaster that begins going forward until hits the mid-station, the tracks are switched from behind the train, and ride continues going backwards on a new set of tracks. This isn't your typical forward and backwards coasters that utilizes the same track, but a different type of ride.

Doesn't that exact thing happen on Expedition Everest? I guess it's been the future for almost 7 years now.

I always wondered if it would be possible to create a coaster train that could switch between inverted and normal track. This way parks could create a ride where the track under your feet would suddenly end and for a second or so it would feel as if the train left the track until the riders realize the track is now overhead.

I have wondered this for a while. It's a fun concept to think about. Looping wood coasters are growing. I would eventually like to see a complete circut roller coaster that operates backwards, preferabally a hyper coaster. Humans can only with-stand so many negative Gs, but while riding backwards you can experience much greater negative and positive forces. I think backwards airtime would be an odd feeling. We never really know. I have my heart set on majoring in engineering and hopefully design amusement rides, which is why I enjoy futuristic roller coasters so much. I guess only time will tell...

I might be wrong about the higher tolerance of backwards G force. Anyone else know? Wikipedia said no but I remember Mythbusters doing something about G force and forwards/backwards tolerance.

Here's an interesting idea for a future coaster: a coaster in which you ride sideways. It'll be a steel coaster of coaster and it'll feature heartline rolls.

How come the pillow didn't talk?