TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Announces "X2"

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Nothing. Its a scam by Six Flags.

There's no such thing as the 5th dimension anyway.

Look it up. I swear.

One station for load/unload will definitely be an improvement on capacity. Unless the ride ops decide to move 2X slower than they do now I don't see how it wouldn't.

I find it funny how so many people are annoyed about the whole 4D/5D scheme. It's marketing. It's not like Millennium Force is 1,000,000,000 ft tall or long (giga) or TTD really goes into the stratosphere. It's just a marketing tool to make the ride sound cool. Not everything is meant to be taken literally.

I'd be happy with that. Or at least have clear signs signalling that the line is breaking into 3 different groups. Front - Mid - Back. Really, how it is now is pointless and produces only confusion and unintentional line cutting.

-mike

I thought id inform everyone that viper will be down till about the same time as X due to the painting and redesigning of the Q house i heard this from one of the ops while i was working

Ah yes, redesigning the queue, that's what I want to hear! I just hope the source wasn't confused with X's planned station change. But Viper needs is as well. You'd be surprised how many people line up in only one line, and the other two are empty, and so you just walk straight up, but then people don't know that a specific lines leads to a specific place in line (in which riders the cut to wherever they want to ride).

Also on a side note, I noticed that Viper doesn't immediately operate two trains when it opens. I know this may be because of staffing, but honestly, the line goes past an hour in the mornings.

Also an additional note to the rumored redisgned queue. It'd be nice to do soemthing with the ceiling of the loading platform. I've seen a decent size spider up there!

I thought id inform everyone that viper will be down till about the same time as X due to the painting and redesigning of the Q house i heard this from one of the ops while i was working

Oh this is just great. Another credit that I get to miss out on after waiting 8 long years to go to SFMM. As long as Dejavu's open I'll be happy.

Viper needs a queue design. The queue house is way too small and confusing. Everytime i've been the line is always spilling out into the midway. It needs this redesign but also a lengthening. I wonder how far down the path the line for Viper went in it's opening year.

Can't wait to see X after the changes. Hopefully with $10 million as the budget they can actually add good effects and not have a boombox and soom cheap lights where the batteries and light bulbs will run out and never be replaced. We'll see....

I admit that the new seats for the trains might make X a little bit more rideable (and despite my typical hate for X, I am planning on riding the "new" version). However, this still looks like they're trying to fix something that really hasn't worked from the beginning. Now, I never had the chance to ride X in it's premeire season (when everyone was saying it was running very smooth) so my two very rough experiences on the ride could be clouding my judgment on the over all ride. I still think they need to demolish it and move on to something else. 4D coasters are still too gimicky to become coaster staples.

^^Who's taking it literally?

"X is now in the 5th Dimension" doesn't sound cool, it sounds like an obvious, cheesy, SF marketing strategy.

That's what makes it lame.

Not what they're doing to improve it.

Read the thread, dude. There's people getting worked up because "the 5th dimension doesn't even exist!" To you, it may sound lame, but you know what I'm saying. The point of calling it the 5th dimension is a marketing scheme trying to make it sound cooler (and different). They are just working with what they have.

^^Who's taking it literally?

"X is now in the 5th Dimension" doesn't sound cool, it sounds like an obvious, cheesy, SF marketing strategy.

That's what makes it lame.

Not what they're doing to improve it.

So what are the supposed to call it? 4.5 Dimension they don't want to completely change the name of the coaster but I think since there are new trains, it calls for a new name.

I agree that the 5th dimension thing is a bit lame, since you can already hear and see stuff when you're on it anyway. You'll just be hearing and seeing different things I guess. Unless they add a smell to it or something fantastically awesome like that.

I don't know if I will ever get to ride X again, but it would've been a great ride if it wasn't so rough on the fly to lie etc, so I think any improvement to that will be great.

Yes, please more on Arrow's last stand. On the official website, there is a video on the X2 page. I was excited, then a little disappointed to see it was just the old X. I hope there will be some official artwork soon, and pictures of the paint job as it progresses.

-The ORIGINAL Arrow fan man.