TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Announces "X2"

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Photos by infinitethrill.

Gee, I wonder how he got those...

Maybe by taking a picture through a fence that borders the road that runs directly next to X...

Just saying. Maybe not all of his photos are taken where they shouldn't be...

Do you not see the fence in front of those colors? Guys, he was just observant, wasn't in a bad place. Obviously he's in a place a normal visitor wouldn't go, he's in the valet parking lot (I believe). But, there's no rule about walking in there...give him a break, if he was breaking rules he would have jumped one more fence to get the clear shot.

I'm not sure where that picture was taken, but there are several areas of X where you can get great shots of the ride, without breaking rules. Again not saying that he did or didn't just saying it's possible... I did actually have a strange question however. All of these pictures of X that were possibly taken in places where guests aren't allowed got me thinking. I've got a bunch of pictures of X from some very interesting angles, all around the coaster (as in those forbidden places where people aren't allowed). During the coasters media day a group of about 10 of us (I do tend to remember that there may have been people from this site who were there) were taken on a tour of the coaster, and had the chance to get some very cool pictures all around the ride. If you guys are interested I could try to dig them up (they're buried somewhere on a CD with the rest of the stuff from my site) and post a few.

I'm a little bit upset about this upgrade. I've never been waiting to ride X since it was announced (around 2001 I think) and it was sort of what got me into the whole coaster thing. I'm finally going to Magic Mountain for spring break this year and now they decide to upgrade the ride. I doubt that X2 will be open by then, but I'm still hoping for the best. I know that they said it will close in late 2007 and re-open in spring 2008.

Well i thought i put this out there i heard from a friend cindy who works for photos at the park saying they are repainting Viper . Im thinking with x down the sfmm management said "Hey lets give viper a facelift while we are at it!".

Maybe with them refurbing x they think hey look at viper it will look like a eyesore when x2 is finished lets repaint it too.

Viper is set to be closed until the end of the year due to repainting. As I was walking through the park at around 9:30 this morning I noticed a lot of people walking on the ride. Seems like they're waisting no time at all.

On a related note : Does anyone know when Viper got a 4th train or am I a bit on the slow side on that one?

-mike

Viper is set to be closed until the end of the year due to repainting. As I was walking through the park at around 9:30 this morning I noticed a lot of people walking on the ride. Seems like they're waisting no time at all.

On a related note : Does anyone know when Viper got a 4th train or am I a bit on the slow side on that one?

-mike

If I'm not mistaken it is a spare train from Shockwave that is used for spare parts.