TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Magic Mountain Announces "X2"

I think the park had 17 when Tatsu arrived and then went back to 15 when Psychlone and Flashback departed, so it would be 14 with another removal. I guess rcdb can confirm that.

Anyway, I think this is great, I knew a while ago that they were getting new trains and re-doing the station which I thought was great, but the re-theme is another big plus I wasn't expecting. In spite of it's shortcomings I really love X, and for everyone I know who are not enthusiasts this always is the biggest drawcard and winds up being their favourite.

It would be shame if Deja Vu went, it wasn't a bad ride, definitely one of my faves at MM.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Deja Vu left, there are 13. Park had 16, removed Psyclone & Flashback (pending removal), equals 14.

1.)Goliath Jr.

2.)Canyon Blaster

3.) Goliath

4.) Collosuss

5.) Scream

6.) Batman

7.) Riddler

8.) Goldrusher

9.)Superman

10.)Ninja

11.) Deja Vu

12.) Viper

13.)Tatsu

14.) Revolution

15.) Flashback (to be removed)

16.) Psyclone (gone)

That's why the website claims 14.

You may be confusing it with Cedar Point, who hit 17 coasters with Maverick, breaking the 16 tie with MM.

You forgot X.

Not so fast guys...

Deja Vu is also on the way out.

If you read the press release, the park is claiming 14 coasters now, down from 15 in last year's text. One other coaster will be coming down with Flashback sometime this off-season -- and given the fact that the two other Deja Vu's at Gurnee and Austell are being taken down, I'm quite confident as to what else is being taken out down.

If Deja Vu left, there are 13. Park had 16, removed Psyclone & Flashback (pending removal), equals 14.

1.)Goliath Jr.

2.)Canyon Blaster

3.) Goliath

4.) Collosuss

5.) Scream

6.) Batman

7.) Riddler

8.) Goldrusher

9.)Superman

10.)Ninja

11.) Deja Vu

12.) Viper

13.)Tatsu

14.) Revolution

15.) Flashback (to be removed)

16.) Psyclone (gone)

That's why the website claims 14.

You may be confusing it with Cedar Point, who hit 17 coasters with Maverick, breaking the 16 tie with MM.

Nope. When Tatsu opened in 2006, the park claimed 17 roller coasters "more than any other park in the world," -- even when Flashback was not operating.

01. Goldrusher

02. Revolution

03. Colossus

04. Ninja

05. Viper

06. Flashback

07. Psyclone

08. Batman The Ride

09. Superman The Escape

10. The Riddler's Revenge

11. Canyon Blaster

12. Goliath

13. Goliath Jr.

14. Deja Vu

15. X

16. Scream!

17. Tatsu

In 2006, Magic Mountain confirmed two rides removed (Psyclone and Flashback) although Psyclone was the only one to actually be dismantled. On their webpage, they advertised 15 coasters, down from 17 advertised from the year before.

Now, with this X2 and Thomas Town announcement, they have changed the claim once again, now down to 14, from the previous 15. Get it now?

^^ You're right Jahan. It hasn't been confirmed as removed.

But.

Thomas Town going into the former Granny Gran Prix/Goliath Jr. area isn't confirmed either.

So what should we all believe?

That the family-route going Shapiro management removing one of only two children's coasters along with a gentle family guided car ride? To be replaced with Thomas Town?

Or.

Removing a relatively problematic, low capacity thrill ride that is also coincedentally being removed from the Chicago and Atlanta parks and opening up even more space next to an empty former-Psyclone footprint -- and put Thomas Town there?

What do you think the likelihood of getting the third train back in operation would be? That would make waiting times so much better, well if the same lazy staff works it, nothing will change.

I am excited for this, but at the same time a bit upset knowing it will be closed when I go back home from school in December, and the likelihood of it being open when they say is pretty unlikely, come on, its Six Flags, timeliness is not there strong point!

If Deja does leave, what will go back there? Just another empty walking space?

So MM is spending 10 million dollars ($10,000,000) on a tunnel, some lights, and redesigned trains...

1. Are they using the Military Budgeting playbook ($35,000 for a toilet seat, $50,000 for a hammer, etc...)?

2. 5th dimension? So people are going to smell stuff during the ride like the 4d (so last dimensional) theatres? Who thinks it'll be burnt money and poo?

3. I'm SO in the WRONG line of work! "Sure, I can put a tunnel in, but that'll cost 8 million. Luckily, we're having a special this week on proton charging and so that only run you 2 million..."

Not impressed. A 3. They do not blow up.

I tend to think Goliath Jr. is going get taken out, since it'll sit right in the middle of Thomas Town. Plus with Canyon Blaster right there, I mean the ride doesn't really do much... If it does stay I'd expect at minimum a new coat of paint.

I'm really glad to see that SFMM is trying to improve X (which in my opinion was the best coaster in the park in it's debut year.) X has definitely gone to crap in the past couple of years and I don't even ride it anymore because it just causes too mush pain on every inch of my body.

I'm glad to hear that new trains are coming. I don't really care about the "new effects" or whatever but I'm just glad to know that I might be able to ride X again and have it not crush my balls and chest.

I think that's a $10 million well spent!

I cant ever understand the over theming of a roller coaster. I mean its a roller coaster. If I want lights and special effects I go ride a special effects ride.

Plus where on X do you really have time to enjoy any type of light display aint the ride disorinting enough.

Because SFMM has a 'special effects ride'

Who says the two things have to be mutually exclusive, lasers and lights make coasters cool, it all adds to the ride experience, I love rides like Space Mountain and Scooby Doo spooky coaster for this reason.

Its sort of necessary they did this, new trains wouldn't have been enough, but they could throw down $1mil more or so and better position themselves to market it as a new attraction.